Legality & Server Rules Regarding Gun Pawning

iAMTemple

Hey guys!

I've been meaning to bring this up since the serial numbers got added to the weapons that are purchased through a PF License.

I'm aware before you could not trade your PF/CCW weapons since there was no way to keep track of them how it would impact the supplier program (not to mention it wasn't realistic considering there were no ties to them aside from server logs). So now that the new update is released and we are able to trade the weapons, I was wondering about the legality & server rules (in detail) regarding how selling your PF to either businesses or other players would work.

In the United States, people who occasionally sell, exchange, or gift a firearm are not required to have a Federal Firearms License (FFL), which gun shop owners need, however, they are still required to know and abide by local, state, and federal laws. However, not all states allow private sales, and some have certain restrictions. For example, in California (San Andreas) private sales must be completed through licensed firearm dealers. Now, I'm ready to make a suggestion on this as it adds another system for the Government Branch and extends the licensing, creating realism behind player owned gun shops and etc.

My question is, for right now where there is no law or licensing for these sales and trading your PF is permitted, what're the limitations to which a player can trade their weapons for cash? The reason behind this question is because I am doing a grand-reopening of Capital Pawnshop in Strawberry and I was cautious if I should add "Gun/Weapon Pawns" to our categories of items on our website.

Maybe the admins could shine some light on this and explain the current limitations which are not listed on the update sheet (if any).

Thank you!

Edited by iAMTemple

Oh boy, legal questions! There's new incoming legislation to address all of these concerns (and more) that's been in the works for some time now.

In the near future, there will be a method by which individuals can notify the government of a firearm sale so the serials will remain up to date with regards to who the current owner is - therefore, as a pawn shop that deals with weapons, you'd really only have to go through a few extra steps.

As for what you can and cannot do presently within the boundaries of IC law, this sounds like an excellent question for an aspiring business owner to hire a lawyer IC to discover the answer to!

Far as server rules are concerned, however, there is no limit on the sale of firearms.

Edited by Smilesville
  • Applaud 1