"RAGE MP: Connection lost. Reconnecting..."

Racinette

Often what happens is I'll be playing for a while and the server suddenly boots me off. I try to log back in and get greeted with this message and can't login for hours afterwards. I'm new to the server and did some research online before posting this, but couldn't fix the issue. It's pretty obnoxious and hard to look past because it completely blocks me out of the game and I have no clue how to fix it. It happens somewhat frequently and puts an end to my play session since I can't log back in, I eventually give up and just play the following day instead.

I'm from Canada and have a decent connection. I don't have connection issues in any other games, so either it's a rage MP problem or I'm doing something wrong. I've seen some other posts about this so I know it's not an isolated issue with me at least.

------

vjaf1uQBSsmzTSXa38Tx_g.png

Edited by Racinette
format
Just now, akari said:

This is a server-wide issue, around this time of day for the past couple days. Trust me, none of us can get ingame right now, lol

Only the last couple days? I only started playing a few days ago so I wouldn't know. Hopefully it gets resolved soon, because the temporary solution @Flockaus mentioned doesn't work for me lol

Just now, Racinette said:

Only the last couple days? I only started playing a few days ago so I wouldn't know. Hopefully it gets resolved soon, because the temporary solution @Flockaus mentioned doesn't work for me lol

yeah, there are occasionally issues with brief connection drops, but this is the first time i've seen it go down at a consistent time of day for hours at a time - 3 days in a row, too. all we can do is wait for staff to fix the issue :((

Can you try this? When you're loading and you see the first "RAGE MP: Connection lost. Reconnecting.." hit F1 and wait for another 30-40 seconds. After that, press F1 again and see if it will download the packages. This should work because last time we had this issue with everybody and this was the only temporary solution.

19 hours ago, SHANG. said:

Can you try this? When you're loading and you see the first "RAGE MP: Connection lost. Reconnecting.." hit F1 and wait for another 30-40 seconds. After that, press F1 again and see if it will download the packages. This should work because last time we had this issue with everybody and this was the only temporary solution.

I'm very new to the server, I haven't even created my character yet and I'm encountering this. I've looked up everything all the way to this point of hitting f1 and waiting, and still nothing. Hope someone can figure it out!

21 minutes ago, SassyPepperoni said:

I'm very new to the server, I haven't even created my character yet and I'm encountering this. I've looked up everything all the way to this point of hitting f1 and waiting, and still nothing. Hope someone can figure it out!

The server is currently down as of the time of you trying to join the server.

The server has been crashing at roughly 1am-2am servertime for the past couple days and usually gets fixed at around 4:30am-5:30am servertime. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon and it should go away. You can see the bug whenever the player count hangs at the same number for over an hour. You can see the flatlines on the Player Counter