Limited use of bandages.

nivopas

I think the use of bandages is horrendous on the server. Some people don't roleplay anything, others roleplay it poorly with a simple /me, and this increases rather than decreases the poor roleplay quality of the server, not incentivizing players to think about the consequences of their actions.

Realistically, being shot should be something to consider before making a hit. On GTAW, it's the opposite.

Despite the fact that police officers are supposed to be trained to provide first aid to their colleagues, they still call for ambulances, are treated by paramedics, and are then transported to hospitals. They try to somehow keep high role-play standards and make a realistic scene at the end of any shootouts.

I'm not saying that illegal roleplayers should call for ambulances every time they get shot to treat their gunshot wounds, but they should either go to the hospital (which in all cases should be the most realistic option) or at least meet someone who knows how to treat gunshot wounds. Restrict the use of bandages to those certified players who know how to properly roleplay and treat gunshot wounds based on their character backgrounds. Those certified players could also use it to develop their characters and engage in more illegal roleplaying scenes, businesses, ways to make money, etc. 

That being said, I am 100% sure that there are illegal roleplayers who roleplay gunshot wounds properly. This restriction is to discourage those who do not.

A simple application might do the trick. I understand that most of you will not like this suggestion, but I firmly believe that it would benefit the server's role-playing quality standards. This should also reduce the number of reports significantly, resulting in fewer random and stupid shootouts. 

https://streamable.com/44gqm6 A small clip of bad bandage usage plus a funny clip 😅

What are you suggesting here exactly, a one-time usage of each bandage or for bandages not to be used at all?
If you want people to lessen their usage of the bandage then that's not something I believe will happen, if it's in the game people will use it.

19 hours ago, Ezek said:

What are you suggesting here exactly, a one-time usage of each bandage or for bandages not to be used at all?
If you want people to lessen their usage of the bandage then that's not something I believe will happen, if it's in the game people will use it.

You can either disable the bandages and add a /stopbleeding cmd available for those people who have been accepted after their character background application or restrict the bandage usage to those types of players.