Claire-Voyance Episode Nine

mah1na

gta-world-2022-9-3-19-25-31.png

(Victoria Moore, Claire Skye)

* Instead of "Do You Believe In Magic?" playing at the beginning, a sound effect of loud snoring does. You can hear a muttered curse word from Victoria before it's quickly switched to the intro music. (( Claire Skye ))*
* Claire Skye snickers.
Claire Skye says: We're leaving that in.
Victoria Moore says: Of course we are...
* Victoria Moore chuckles
Claire Skye says: Anyway, uh, hey guys! It's us! This is gonna be pretty scuffed, since it's been a good amount of time.
Victoria Moore says: Scuff is part of our style here after all.
Claire Skye says: It makes us look cool and relatable, true.
Victoria Moore says: Just remember folks, we aren't professionals, we just pretend to be them on a podcast.
* Claire Skye chuckles.
Claire Skye says: I know I've already done this personally, but I would love to welcome Tori back to the city.
Victoria Moore says: Thank you. It's good to be back though I do miss Colorado Springs a little already. The air is so crisp and clear. And the spa was kind of heavenly.
Claire Skye says: It's not just my hair, I'm absolutely green with envy at the thought of that.
Victoria Moore says: I highly recommend it. An entire month of cleansing. Yoga, meditation, diet evaluation, physical and mental therapy. There is even a cosmetic surgery clinic.
Victoria Moore says: It was... a nice experience.
Claire Skye says: You've transformed over that time, seriously. It's amazing to see.
Victoria Moore says: And I assure you my amazingly hourglass figure is completely natural!
* Victoria Moore laughs lightly.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Claire Skye says: Sure it is.
Victoria Moore says: What I can tell you is that there was an absence of 'excitement'.
Victoria Moore says: No shootings, stabbings, muggings, gang wars, fires, muggings... Just relaxation.
Claire Skye says: The lack of muggings so impressive you had to say it twice.
Victoria Moore says: Well given Los Santos is the mugging capital of the universe it stood out to me most.
* Claire Skye snickers with a sigh.
Victoria Moore says: Fun fact, I saw a dead body at the airport when I exited the terminal to get my car out of long-term parking.
Victoria Moore says: That is when I knew I was back in Los Santos.
Claire Skye says: Sounds about right... god. Back when I had my emergency trip to Sacramento, I didn't see anything like that either. It's not the state, even, it's just this city and the areas around it.
Victoria Moore says: It is, an island unto itself.
Claire Skye says: Fair enough. But, I've complained about crime before. We're gonna keep it chill this time.
Victoria Moore says: Well, speaking of crime however. I heard someone sudden became a published author?
Claire Skye says: Ah shit, I forgot. Looks like we're talking about crime after all. Yes, listeners, recently my life was changed for the better. I wanted somewhere to belong, and seeing a new publishing house open up, I decided to use that diploma of mine.
Victoria Moore says: You actually used a diploma from ULSA? This has to be some sort of a record.
* Claire Skye cracks up, the sound muffled,
Claire Skye says: Exactly, who would've thunk it? But, yeah, the bit about crime. So, when I was having my interview, my boss Mary Magana said she was looking for someone to handle a certain project. My work is mainly fiction, so she said I probably wouldn't accept.
Victoria Moore says: I totally heard her name as "Mary Magma" Sounds like a supervillain.
* Claire Skye laughs.
Claire Skye says: I'll have to tell her that. Good possibility for rebranding.
Victoria Moore says: Well, tell us about this project though? I suspect if we have any long-time listeners checking in they might be interested.
Claire Skye says: Oh definitely. So this project... I was shocked when I heard it, as it turned out a little more personal than I would've ever assumed. Do you guys remember episodes back, where I brought up a certain serial killer that had turned his eyes to us?
Victoria Moore says: I'm pretty sure out long-time audience knows who you are talking about.
Claire Skye says: Yep, exactly. But for those just tuning in, a certain blogging serial killer commented multiple times trying to be a guest. And this guy is who she wanted to get a scoop on. The face she made when I told her he targeted me, god. But... y'know...
Claire Skye says: If not me, who would do it?
Victoria Moore says: I almost feel like singing 'it's the circle of life'.
Claire Skye says: Full circle, indeed. So my first book is out now, a brief history of what we know about him, and my own experience learning his identity. Shameless plug, you can find it at Primrose Publishing.
Victoria Moore says: We don't want to give too much away so if you want to know MORE you can buy the book!
* Victoria Moore chuckles.
Claire Skye says: The name is pretty verbose, but it's "Allison7521, The Pretty Dead Photographer." I have an idea of a second one eventually, but after this I just want to write some cute, wholesome fiction.
Victoria Moore says: Hmm, are you worried you might get... locked into a true-crime genre after the success of this book?
Claire Skye says: That was one of my concerns. However, I did bring this up with Mary. She's been completely understanding, and all this time she's told me to be safe, and if I get uncomfortable, to not worry about writing it at all. So, at least at the workplace, I'm
Claire Skye says: free to write whatever I want.
Victoria Moore says: That's nice, and sounds like a great boss. Why don't you tell everyone a little bit about.. What was it Primrose Publishing?
Claire Skye says: Primrose Publishing, yes. A long time ago I visited the building it's now operated out of while it was just a bookstore, no actual writers putting exclusive stories together. It's great to be back there. Of course they still sell books and have an area for selling coffee and other warm drinks to have while reading, but what makes it so special is that it's the first actual publishing house to open in this city, which sounds crazy, but it's true. It was a dream my boss had for a long time.
Victoria Moore says: Do you know anything about other projects going on? Or is that not your department? Or above your paygrade, if you will.
* Victoria Moore chuckles.
Claire Skye says: I can't say much, but my fellow writers are putting some great work of their own out there with a wide variety of genres. It's just about something for everybody.
Claire Skye says: Y'know what? I just had an idea for a guest.
Victoria Moore says: Uh oh.
Victoria Moore says: The supervillain Mary Magma?
Claire Skye says: Exactly. Or if she's too busy, I'm inviting any of the other writers, or our new chief writer.
Claire Skye says: There's a lot of work that goes into this.
Victoria Moore says: That's a good idea actually give our listeners.. that's you out there... a 'sneak peak' at upcoming books .
Claire Skye says: My next work is going to be a sort of series. Normally, new books are released at the first of the month, but since it's just going to be in increments and not showing the whole story, I'm trying to get things going a little faster.
Claire Skye says: Mostly out of guilt for the cliffhanger I wrote for the first edition.
Victoria Moore says: Oh, I can imagine some of your readers out there are a little anxious to see how that cliffhanger finishes out.
Claire Skye says: You gotta make them want to know more. Of course, it's not lost on me that I'm making a pretty big transition from true crime with this.
Claire Skye says: I'm a little worried on how the readers will respond.
Victoria Moore says: Well, why don't you tell all of our listeners a little bit about this next story? Maybe wet some appetites?
Claire Skye says: I'd love to. This is a story set decades in the future, specifically 2051. The secrets of space are getting unraveled, and with that, there's a new rise of colonialism. We'll be following four astronauts selected for their leadership abilities that-
Claire Skye says: will be in charge of a new colony on Mars.
Claire Skye says: I am going to say it's going to have a good amount of romance in it, so if gushy space meet-cutes aren't your thing, I'm sorry.
Victoria Moore says: Do you have a title in mind yet?
Claire Skye says: I do. In The Stars. I've already completed the first edition, or log. Log One is either going to be out soon or already is, seeing as September is here.
Victoria Moore says: Well... I think we can say this then: "Look for 'In the Stars' a steamy Sci-fi-Romance by our very own Claire Skye. On shelves now, or soon!"
* Claire Skye giggles in delight.
Claire Skye says: Keep an eye out for it! You're not gonna want to miss it.
Victoria Moore says: I'm /also/ going to say: "Be sure to visit our very own Claire Skye who has been doing Tarot readings at "Seekers" a local occult store."
Claire Skye says: Oh my god thank you, I was gonna advertise that but forgot. 
Victoria Moore says: Need to get that out there. That store is so cool.
Claire Skye says: It really is. A three card reading is a thousand dollars, but I'm trying to learn more elaborate spreads for a bit extra.
Victoria Moore says: And it's not every day you get a reading from a famous published author either.
Claire Skye says: Hey, nooo, I'm not famous. I'm still the same dork you listened to before.
Victoria Moore says: Just more famous.
* Victoria Moore snickers.
Claire Skye says: I'll settle for that.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Victoria Moore says: Well, anything we missed that's been on your mind, Claire?
Claire Skye says: Mmm. Well, we do plan on getting this podcast going regularly again, but we're not going to be able to keep up the previous once a week time frame.
Claire Skye says: Partially because of the new career.
Victoria Moore says: That said we /are/ still looking for guests.
Claire Skye says: We are. It's been too long. Just... be ready for a background check. I'm still fuckin' scared.
Victoria Moore says: Yes we should mention that, given our reduced schedule we are going to be picking and choosing guests. For things like interest in what they'll be talking about, and ability to come on during our /very/ night-owly hours.
Claire Skye says: Yeah, but we've kept everyone waiting for too long, we went from being really active to really slow. The listeners deserve to have more content.
Victoria Moore says: We'll try and provide it, just won't be at the same pace it once was!
Claire Skye says: Precisely. Well, Tori, I believe we're good to leave this here. Do feel free to comment. Add and message me on Facebrowser at clearskylines to possibly be chosen as a guest!
Victoria Moore says: You heard it here first folks. If you need to get in contact with us, or want to be a guest that's the way to do it.
Victoria Moore says: I want to thank everyone for spending a little bit of their time with us tonight or whenever you are listening to this. For now, I think it's time to say goodnight, Claire.
Claire Skye says: Goodnight! Let's go grab a drink or something.
* Victoria Moore chuckles as she starts the outro, however 'sad titanic bad flute theme' plays.
* Claire Skye wheeze-laughs.
Victoria Moore says: Well... that's all your getting so enjoy that!
* Victoria Moore she says over the music before cutting her mic.
Claire Skye wheezes: B-Byebye.

Comments enabled

Username:

Comment:

Edited by mah1na
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1