Adding huge vehicle system features! [10 Suggestions]

HiJack

Short description:

1. Adding additional inventories in car (glove box inventory/vehicle inside inventory)

2. If #1 is in the system, then we can separate trunk inventory from glovebox inventory.

3. Adding health to vehicles (eg. 1000 health, and if crashed or shot at it will deplete or get damaged) - it may be seen in /vstats as Health:

4. Disabling auto fix when you /vpark your car to respawn it.

5. Adding all type of wheels when modding any type of vehicles

6. /seatbelt system

7. /cruise script to enable a controlled speed

8. Adding engine maintenance and battery of car for more dynamism of the vehicle feature. ((Can be seen if we have a MIleage system.))

9. Changing the controls of engine on and off to ARROW UP and ARROW DOWN.

10. Maybe add auto /ame when a player has turned on or off their vehicle. Like if they turn it off an /ame would appear above their head as: Firstname_Lastname has turned off the engine of their vehicle.

Detailed description:

1. So, we can keep the trunk inventory system as is >> Vehicle guide and inventories but we can add another inventory which can be accessed inside the vehicle only which is the glove box compartment. We can say that we can add more 5000-10000 grams depending on the type of vehicle. (e.g Small cars can have 5kg, and SUV's and other trucks can have 5,000 above.)) This will be good to store weapons, guns, drugs or any small items that can fit there. 

2. Connected to my suggestion #1, once our glovebox compartment inventory gets accepted, the only way to access it is inside the car, then the trunk can only be access outside. Same command can be used as pleased, or if it causes script issues it can be changed to whatever the management feels. So basically you have to be the driver of the car in order to access glovebox compartment. ((Passengers won't be able to avoid abuse. Or they may, as long as there would be an auto /ame that would appear above their head to avoid abuse and non-RP taking of stuffs from inside the car.)) And to access the trunk and its inventories, it can be accessed only outside the car with trunk open.

3. Basically, adding health to vehicles would surely lessen non-RP drivers and would improve our vehicle system. So basically when the car's health has dropped too low, it will automatically turn off and it'll be harder for it to turn on. (Just some consequence from getting minor/major crashes) So, when you are driving with your car full health (1000.00) and you are driving at 100mph, and collided into a pole basically your car's health would suddenly deplete to maybe 30-50%. Then, your car would shut off and it'll take time to turn it back on. (Let's say 30 seconds to 1 minute). And if your car has dropped to, let's say 70-80% of its health, you can still drive it however your car will occasionally shut off and can be turn on again after a few seconds.

4. Self explanatory. It shouldn't be like that. Highly abusable.

5. I know there might be issues, so we will limit this to certain vehicles. But I know for sure, most of the vehicles are compatible with all sets of wheels. So, most of the cars that are not limited to modding too much of its wheels are industrial cars, and buses and few trucks. But for most of the cars even high-end or lowrider type of wheels can be used on them. ((Tried some of them in a freeroam servers))

6. Seatbelt system, this one is basic. So scriptly, once you put your seatbelt on, if you crash onto something you wouldn't take any damages in your health. This would be also good for police RP, adding a new law for driving vehicles.

7. I think this was added in FiveM. It's a simple and ready script to control your speed such as /cruise 80. Your speed will maintain at 80mph. This will be good if you're driving around the city. Also we can implement speed limits in cities and highways, another law. 

8. This system would add more dynamism to the vehicle system we currently have right now. So in engine maintenance this will be costly let's say 10% of the vehicle's base price will be the price when you want to maintain your engine. We can use the mileage system, we can say that every 5,000 or 10,000 miles you will have to bring your car for maintenance to autoshops, or else you will suffer stuttering of  vehicle like when the mileage is over the limit of the first or next mileage maintenance your car will randomly turns it engine off and it will take a few seconds to run it again. ((Also same with battery, we can say that every xxxxx miles you the battery would eventually deplete and you have to either recharge it or buy a new one.)) We can connect the price to the current server economy. That's up to the management.

9. To me having to press "Y" to engine off and on is kinda annoying since most of the controls here are actually activated using "Y". Such as entering houses, interacting with checkpoints (e.g factory checkpoints, garage menu etc). It's kinda annoying that you just want to turn off your engine and a dialogue box would suddenly appear, and of course annoyed by it - you'll just press backspace or whatever. We can avoid this by actually changing the way we turn the engine on and off with the use of UP and DOWN arrows since this key has no function.

10. Simple /ame when turning your engine on and off. (e.g Firstname_Lastname has turned the engine of their vehicle to ON. 
Firstname_Lastname has turned the engine of their vehicle to OFF.)

Commands to add:

1. My suggestion of commands can still be /vitems (inside the vehicle) and /checktrunk (near the trunk)
Additional: We can also change the /trunk thing, because some car doesn't really visually open their trunk and they have no idea if the trunk is open or not, so for them to not be confused we can seperate it with /trunkopen, and /trunkclose. We can also add a /ame for it if a player has open or closes their trunk. (e.g XXXXX has opened the trunk of their vehicle. | XXXXX has closed the trunk of their vehicle, or you can have a message that you opened your car's trunk or you closed it.)

2. Same with number 1.

3. None. /vstats would show the health of the car, or you can script a new HUD that when you enter your car the health of your car is indicated.

4-5. N/A

6. /seatbelt(/sb)

7. /cruise or /speed [xxmiles]

8. In maintaining engine, in reality it should be done in autoshops or even to the dealership's service center. But since we have mechanics all around and dealerships are merely just a place to sell cars, we can have a menu when you approach a mechanic garage and from there, there would be an option to "Engine Maintenance: $XXXX." In terms of battery. The owner of the vehicle can replace or recharge his battery. But the only place to recharge it is in an autoshop. So, additional menu for Recharge Battery, the owner can use /removebattery (removes battery from the car) /putbattery or /useitem [slotid of battery] (He must be infront of the hood); then a timer script; then a message; "Your vehicle's battery has been replaced." When you /vstats it; it'll say (Battery: 100%)

9. UP ARROW to turn the engine -ON-

Down arrow to turn the engine -OFF-

10. N/A

Items to add:

Battery

New wheels (Off roads, high end, tuners etc)

How would your suggestion improve the server?:

Well, it will bring more RP to people first and foremost. More RP for mechanics instead of just looking at you while you mod at their garage, they can help you out and fix your cars, maintain its engine etc. Also adds more dynamics to our current system. More realism in fact. More laws could be applied especially with the seatbelt system and speed limit system. 

Additional information:

You all might be thinking that there would be MORE bills to be paid when this system gets approved. But we can always have a solution for that. We can always adjust the prices depending on our economy.  We can lower road taxes and others things to be paid in vehicles in order to match the economy of the server.

Also, whenever an action is performed in vehicles when a command is used; such as turning on the engine, opening the hood, the trunk; there should be a certain /ame that will pop up in your head, or you will get a message that tells you that you have opened the hood or closed the hood, opened the trunk or closed them, turned on the engine or turns off the engine this will relieve confusions especially to vehicles and motorcycles that has a trunk but won't visually open for them when opened.

Tell me what you think.

• Applaud 1

Clearly you've put a lot of effort into making this thread, so I'll start off by saying good job.

I'll refer to each one of your suggested features (combining my responses to similar suggestions) and give my two cents regarding everything you've mentioned.

35 minutes ago, HiJack said:

1. So, we can keep the trunk inventory system as is >> Vehicle guide and inventories but we can add another inventory which can be accessed inside the vehicle only which is the glove box compartment. We can say that we can add more 5000-10000 grams depending on the type of vehicle. (e.g Small cars can have 5kg, and SUV's and other trucks can have 5,000 above.)) This will be good to store weapons, guns, drugs or any small items that can fit there. 

2. Connected to my suggestion #1, once our glovebox compartment inventory gets accepted, the only way to access it is inside the car, then the trunk can only be access outside. Same command can be used as pleased, or if it causes script issues it can be changed to whatever the management feels. So basically you have to be the driver of the car in order to access glovebox compartment. ((Passengers won't be able to avoid abuse. Or they may, as long as there would be an auto /ame that would appear above their head to avoid abuse and non-RP taking of stuffs from inside the car.)) And to access the trunk and its inventories, it can be accessed only outside the car with trunk open.

I truly believe this is not really needed at this point due to the fact that any player may decide to roleplay storing his item(s) anywhere inside the vehicle - be it in the trunk, the glove compartment or beneath the seat. As long as the item is placed within the vehicle scriptwise (aka using the /vpitem(s) command), it is really up to the player to decide where the item is stored. There's really little benefit to upgrading the current storage system solely for adding some extra available vehicle storage space - that's my honest opinion at least.

3. Basically, adding health to vehicles would surely lessen non-RP drivers and would improve our vehicle system. So basically when the car's health has dropped too low, it will automatically turn off and it'll be harder for it to turn on. (Just some consequence from getting minor/major crashes) So, when you are driving with your car full health (1000.00) and you are driving at 100mph, and collided into a pole basically your car's health would suddenly deplete to maybe 30-50%. Then, your car would shut off and it'll take time to turn it back on. (Let's say 30 seconds to 1 minute). And if your car has dropped to, let's say 70-80% of its health, you can still drive it however your car will occasionally shut off and can be turn on again after a few seconds.

4. Disabling auto fix when you /vpark your car to respawn it.

8. This system would add more dynamism to the vehicle system we currently have right now. So in engine maintenance this will be costly let's say 10% of the vehicle's base price will be the price when you want to maintain your engine. We can use the mileage system, we can say that every 5,000 or 10,000 miles you will have to bring your car for maintenance to autoshops, or else you will suffer stuttering of  vehicle like when the mileage is over the limit of the first or next mileage maintenance your car will randomly turns it engine off and it will take a few seconds to run it again. ((Also same with battery, we can say that every xxxxx miles you the battery would eventually deplete and you have to either recharge it or buy a new one.)) We can connect the price to the current server economy. That's up to the management.

So far I haven't noticed anything similar to this implemented on the server, and frankly I was rather surprised. I do believe it is important to keep track of your vehicle's health, and by adding functionality to its engine & battery we'll be doing exactly that. Players will be less reckless on the roads and it will significantly lower the amount of vehicle accidents that end up with "/b skip?" (something I have personally encountered many times already). Mechanics and players would benefit from new type of roleplay by fixing/replacing wrecked engines and batteries with new ones. Failing to do so will result in a strange behavior of your vehicle (engine being shut down mid-drive, slower starting times etc').

An appropriate mileage system would also play a nice role in the server's economy & its vehicle market, and directly affect the prices of vehicles being purchased & sold.

With that being said I would like to keep the current /vpark effect (auto fix upon parking) cosmetic only, so it does not effect the status of the engine and battery of the vehicle, but solely the vehicle's general visual state. Keep in mind that this is an online game which suffers from various effects that are not entirely controllable by the player (such as lag spikes, FPS drops etc'). As long as the player hasn't been involved in a serious collision, repairing his vehicle upon parking should not really be an issue.

9. To me having to press "Y" to engine off and on is kinda annoying since most of the controls here are actually activated using "Y". Such as entering houses, interacting with checkpoints (e.g factory checkpoints, garage menu etc). It's kinda annoying that you just want to turn off your engine and a dialogue box would suddenly appear, and of course annoyed by it - you'll just press backspace or whatever. We can avoid this by actually changing the way we turn the engine on and off with the use of UP and DOWN arrows since this key has no function.

This is something that has personally annoyed me quite a lot. In fact I was about to suggest the same thing during the day, but you beat me to it. Not much explanation is needed in my opinion - simply tweak the controls so there is no mixup between different server features.

5. I know there might be issues, so we will limit this to certain vehicles. But I know for sure, most of the vehicles are compatible with all sets of wheels. So, most of the cars that are not limited to modding too much of its wheels are industrial cars, and buses and few trucks. But for most of the cars even high-end or lowrider type of wheels can be used on them. ((Tried some of them in a freeroam servers))

6. Seatbelt system, this one is basic. So scriptly, once you put your seatbelt on, if you crash onto something you wouldn't take any damages in your health. This would be also good for police RP, adding a new law for driving vehicles.

7. I think this was added in FiveM. It's a simple and ready script to control your speed such as /cruise 80. Your speed will maintain at 80mph. This will be good if you're driving around the city. Also we can implement speed limits in cities and highways, another law. 

10. Simple /ame when turning your engine on and off. (e.g Firstname_Lastname has turned the engine of their vehicle to ON. 
Firstname_Lastname has turned the engine of their vehicle to OFF.)

While your /seatbelt system might be easily abused (as anyone would instantly /seatbelt in a car so they suffer no health reduction upon a crash), it has a nice base. I would like to see it implemented one way or another, maybe with the right tweaks.

As for the other three suggestions above - not much to say other than it would be nice to have them scripted in the game mode.

Overall that's pretty good. Well done.

• Thanks 1

Theres some good suggestions in here but to address a few points /speedlimiter is already your cruise control setting and as for /seatbelt mentioned above it was made an automatic thing that no longer has to be done by players because too many people complained about being issued fines by the police department. 

2 hours ago, Adrian Price said:

Theres some good suggestions in here but to address a few points /speedlimiter is already your cruise control setting and as for /seatbelt mentioned above it was made an automatic thing that no longer has to be done by players because too many people complained about being issued fines by the police department. 

Cruise control is not the same as speed limiter, though.

Speed limiter stops you from exceeding a certain speed, but you need to keep pressing W or whatever your throttle key is.

Cruise control would allow you to completely let go of your keyboard/controller and make the car drive itself in a straight line at the speed you give it.

This is similar to having a /walk command in a vehicle, and it is to make it possible to emote and chat while driving without having to awkwardly stop in the middle of the road or pull over every few minutes. 

For example you're driving down a freeway with friends in the car - so you turn on cruise control and let the vehicle drive itself while you chat and interact with your passengers, occasionally turning the vehicle to navigate.

I would love to see a cruise control option, because IRL you can drive and talk or do other things at the same time ( although doing distracting things is not suggested )

Edited by MalteseWolf
Typos
17 minutes ago, MalteseWolf said:

Cruise control is not the same as speed limiter, though.

Speed limiter stops you from exceeding a certain speed, but you need to keep pressing W or whatever your throttle key is.

Cruise control would allow you to completely let go of your keyboard/controller and make the car drive itself in a straight line at the speed you give it.

This is similar to having a /walk command in a vehicle, and it is to make it possible to emote and chat while driving without having to awkwardly stop in the middle of the road or pull over every few minutes. 

For example you're driving down a freeway with friends in the car - so you turn on cruise control and let the vehicle drive itself while you chat and interact with your passengers, occasionally turning the vehicle to navigate.

I would love to see a cruise control option, because IRL you can drive and talk or do other things at the same time ( although doing distracting things is not suggested )

Even in real life with cruise control activated you still need to steer - just as you would in-game, thus making the entire point invalid sadly due to the fact you won't actually be free to write and communicate while driving. Not to mention the huge road differences between real life & the game.

I honestly believe OP simply used the term 'cruise control' to describe his 'speed limit' feature, as his description suggests.

47 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Even in real life with cruise control activated you still need to steer - just as you would in-game, thus making the entire point invalid sadly due to the fact you won't actually be free to write and communicate while driving. Not to mention the huge road differences between real life & the game.

I honestly believe OP simply used the term 'cruise control' to describe his 'speed limit' feature, as his description suggests.

I don't believe steering makes my point invalid at all.

You don't need to steer to drive in a straight line, but you do need to press the throttle to do so.

Now mind you if you try to RP while your car is driving itself in a residential area full of bends at 100mph ... you're not going to manage, of course.

But if you're doing 30mph along a relatively straight route, you will have time to open the chat box and type short comments or emotes between one steer and the next. Whereas having to release W will not give you enough time to type anything worthwhile before your vehicle stops.

I've seen this working and used it before. It works.

ADD: Not sure what the op meant, but that is what I understand with cruise control 

Edited by MalteseWolf

Actually the speed limiter / cruise control I am talking about here is just one thing. I just made it like speedlimiter/cruise because other systems uses /speed and/or other servers uses it as /cruise. 

Basically my point here is the speed limiter. Where you will have to continue pressing "W" in order to move, but won't exceed the speed you set it for. I don't even think you can have that automatic cruise which is like the /walk command you guys are talking about. Even if it's possible, I don't think it could be recommended in the server as there's a lot of intersections in the server/stop signs/stop lights, and you would constantly be doing a command to stop and go, stop and go.

But anything that the devs would think fits the server; it will be okay for me any way around.

• 1 month later...