Faction Wars V 1.0

Davis

Faction Wars V 1.0  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In LSRP we had different variations of PK wars with lots technicalities and often I found that factions would pick fights and then not accept war requests, leaving them free from responsibility for their in-character actions. In other words, the faction war system of LSRP was completely useless and was more of a formality. Not to mention factions whom were open for years and years fought the same people repeatedly, which I found very repetitive and boring.

I propose a new system for this server, which is as follows.

FACTION WARS

There is only one kind of war, and that’s a faction war. A faction war would be an event that takes place between two illegal factions, no matter what scale or size they are in comparison to one another. These wars would be initiated if one faction is responsible for killing off at least 10% of the rival faction’s member base. This includes if you order the hit via a third party or if your members carry out the assassinations themselves. These wars would not be optional for either side, and an admin would be responsible for declaring the war initiated OOCly after the above IC events occur.

When the war is initiated the only way it can be ended is via IC surrender terms that must be made IC. The second is if one faction kills off 100% of the other faction’s member base. Finally, if in the event one faction decides that not logging in will be how they combat the rival faction, a two week – one-month IRL timer will be put on the war, the faction whom has killed the most percentage of the other faction during that time will be victorious.

These wars will not be optional and if you decide to kill another faction, the war will be forced upon you and your rival via the administration.

TERMS

In LSRP we had various terms that were customized to what two factions agreed upon, however I think that system worked against the server because if you leave it up to faction leaders on what the faction can lose, they’re going to be biased. I propose the following.

1. If it’s the first time the faction is fighting each other, then the attacking faction can ask for turf for winning. In the event the attacker loses, they lose their territory.

2. If it’s the second time a faction is waring then the winning faction can ask that 10% of the losing factions members be CK’d, the winning faction will get to choose these members. However, they must have been killed or incarcerated, if the war ends due to the IRL timer or IC peace terms and some members have stayed alive the whole time, they are not eligible to be force CK’d.

3. If it’s the third war between the two same factions, the winning faction has the right to close the other factions thread and force the discontinuation of their groups role-play in game.

These terms would be forced and automatically accepted by both parties if they decide to ICly attack one another and initiate a war. In other words, you cannot choose to accept or deny these terms, the admins would force these terms. In addition, you can also negotiate IC peace terms your two factions to agree upon during peace deals.

I think this system will force factions to consider their actions more seriously and seek out the diplomatic route, which is what LSRP lacked. This will truly create a criminal hierarchy in the RP world.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Davis

I'm certainly a fan of getting something along this line put in place. It's very clear in this community that law enforcement will have the power to significantly effect peoples RP and factions if people are caught doing something wrong. That's the way it should be. However, we should have the power to defend ourselves and impose consequences on other factions that mess with our members, territory or businesses. War is a serious thing and wars should have consequences. This would encourage RP and discourage people from being so open about how violent they are. I don't feel like this would be unfair to either faction involved and the purpose of this suggestion is clear, to prevent wide scale violence without any repercussions.

• 4 months later...