Expunging records?

Aquila

hi

short time lurker, first time poster

I'm curious about how one would go about expunging misdemeanors from their records? I understand that it's a thing in the real world, to have traffic violations legally cleared from a person's record. Obviously criminal charges like manslaughter will probably just stay on your record forever. 

Is this a thing in the current judicial system? Would be nice to have a brief overview of how this system goes. My knowledge of law is super rusty and only applicable to the UK. No idea how the American system works and how much it differs.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, there isn't a system set in stone regarding this kind of service. However there is no reason it can't be RP'd. I would suggest contacting the Public Defender's Office with the State Gov and going from there. To the best of my knowledge there really weren't any freelance Lawyers around and even if there are now the pricing would be ridiculous. 

Generally speaking an expunging or sealing of misdemeanor criminal records comes with a Court/Magisterial fee and must be after X period of time without further convictions.