Headset suddenly doesn't get recognized by the PC anymore.

Blackbeard

Hello there guys.

I've spent the last day to try to fix the problem I have since yesterday morning. My headset suddenly doesn't work anymore. It doesn't get displayed at the playback devices. Any other headphones or loudspeakers don't work either anymore. The only playback device that's being displayed is my screen, that doesn't even have speakers. 

Many others solved their similar problems by installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver, but when I try that, it doesn't get installed the right way and I only have two applications in my Realtek Audio folder and I can't open or find it anywhere but unwhole in my program files and at the 'add or delete software' window. So it's not in the control panel. I also tried installing older versions of the driver but that won't help neither.

All I did since the headset worked the last time was switching the PC off at night and on at the next morning. 

I tried updating the soundcard drivers, the headset works at other devices, I tried the front and back panels, so the panels should still work, I guess it's a software problem but I just don't get Realtek installed properly and I don't know what the issue is. 

That's my hardware:

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VH Intel B250 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR mATX Retail
CPU: Intel Core i5 7400 4x 3.00GHz So. 1151 BOX
GPU: 4GB Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Dual OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail) 
Memory: 8GB Crucial CT8G4DFS824A DDR4-2400 DIMM CL17 Single

It's Windows 10

Did someone ever have a problem like this? I'd be happy about any tip, really. Since I spent so much time to solve it, I think my next step would be reinstalling windows.  If you need any more intel, just give me a heads up.

Thanks in advance, guys! 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • 3 weeks later...