OOC Incentive 2 Buy Drugs

I was not a fan of this until I seen how effective it was. Although a gang way to incentive the purchase of drugs, it made it more realistic in mine and a lot of other players that were totally against it. Give people an OOC incentive to buy drugs. What I thought worked well was the HP bonus drugs gave. The harder the drug, the more of an HP boost. Yeah it's "unrealistic", but there's no other reason to buy drugs. We can't expect people to want to pay money for something that has no effects other than showing other players you know how to RP a flaw you decided to have. Kudos to you for wanting to portray your character in that way. But at the end of the day, you get nothing from it. You're going to use the drug and RP being high for a period and that's that.

TLDR; give people an OOC incentive to buy drugs to help allow the RP around drugs to flourish.

• Upvote 2

Yeah please, as sad as it sounds, the 95% of the server isn't gonna go spend the $500 they fished/mined for just to roleplay being high. It's sad and sounds shitty, but it is what it is and we can't expect everyone to buy something that has no use other than a few minutes of roleplay.

I think the bonus HP is a good idea though I don't see it having much use right now since the sync is pretty much shit and shootouts suck.

Edited by Sergi
14 minutes ago, Sergi said:

Yeah please, as sad as it sounds, the 95% of the server isn't gonna go spend the $500 they fished/mined for just to roleplay being high. It's sad and sounds shitty, but it is what it is and we can't expect everyone to buy something that has no use other than a few minutes of roleplay.

I think the bonus HP is a good idea though I don't see it having much use right now since the sync is pretty much shit and shootouts suck.

EGGGGZAKLY.

I forgot where I heard this, but perhaps feeding a drug addiction would slightly increase your paycheck every hour. It would give an actual incentive to consume drugs, and when you're suffering from a withdrawal, you would get taxed slightly higher, thought it wouldn't have to be called a 'tax'.

2 minutes ago, Drug Related said:

I forgot where I heard this, but perhaps feeding a drug addiction would slightly increase your paycheck every hour. It would give an actual incentive to consume drugs, and when you're suffering from a withdrawal, you would get taxed slightly higher, thought it wouldn't have to be called a 'tax'.

Lol that idea makes me laugh IRL but I think you got that from a post @Nervous wrote. I remember something like that too. Help the fiends afford their drogas :)

18 hours ago, James Mustaine said:

This makes sense, I personally know that I am not going to buy drugs until they give me some kind of boost (HP, Armor or something along those lines). And I am almost positive most people are going to say the same. 

All due respect, this is just such a RPG element that it does not belong in a heavy RP server. 

I feel like there's a need to incentivize drug purchases. 

Edited by Jimenez