Handling Reports

Handle them in the order in which they are posted. We're frequently referred to the forums almost 90% of the time, and normally, it's not a long wait, but when it involves a faction, or multiple faction members, or sometimes just an odd situation. I've noticed reports getting taken over the other. Just like schemes/ etc, I just feel like they should be handled in order. I don't see why someone has to wait over a week for a response when other reports are being swiftly responded to. And if there is a special process to it, it'd be kind of cool to know it, vs not. 

Edited by Joseph_Campo
  • Upvote 1

Handling faction reports or multiple reports like I've seen in recent weeks can be beyond hard and tedious, making sure you make the right decision, certain admins are just new and overlook the case, due to the complications behind it. People in this game have a job; a life and other commitments. The report section has been cleared up extraordinarily well in recent months, when we had 1-2 pages of reports waiting to be taken. Our team's doing a good job. Also note the restrictions they have; PD/SD admins can't really take their own faction member's reports. Other admins often go to higher leveled admins for advice, logs, more evidence and so on.

It's not really a big deal, in my personal opinion. 

• Upvote 7
33 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Handling faction reports or multiple reports like I've seen in recent weeks can be beyond hard and tedious, making sure you make the right decision, certain admins are just new and overlook the case, due to the complications behind it. People in this game have a job; a life and other commitments. The report section has been cleared up extraordinarily well in recent months, when we had 1-2 pages of reports waiting to be taken. Our team's doing a good job. Also note the restrictions they have; PD/SD admins can't really take their own faction member's reports. Other admins often go to higher leveled admins for advice, logs, more evidence and so on.

This ^

It can sometimes be frustrating how long reports can take but we need to keep in mind how much pressure faction reports can have on the staff due to the involvement of a lot of players at once. Going through the evidence, logs, having to reach out to multiple users and have a discussion about the report and go over the current points that's been stated. Reports are usually handled by order of their creation, but reports like schemes and Factions where ifm/lfm have to involve themselves are sometimes on high priority due to the complications they can have behind them.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Robbie said:

Understandable, but a 1-2 weeks for a response, sometimes longer? Nah man... And like you said, it's typical for administrators to reach out to other administrators for insight on situations as well, especially like IFM and what not. Not at the end of the day, multiple administrators are in essence helping with the report. I understand we all have lives, but we're talking about a forum report here. It's truly not THAT serious. Responses take days sometimes, so it really doesn't invade on people's lives too much. What's more frustrating is waiting all that time when you literally lost stuff in regard to it, or something along these lines. It can be extremely frustrating for players, and now people who play daily, have to go 5-10 days without stuff they should have because someone chose to break the rules? Prolonging this stuff just makes it worse, cut interactions between factions until an answer happens, or whatever the case may be. There's definitely more cons to it then pros. There are plenty of administrators.

The truth is @Joseph_Campo...  Reports don't mean shit these days. Back in the day if you got reported for rulebreaking, you were seen as a real scumbag but these days it seems to be seen as a badge of honor.

My suggestion buddy? Get out of Davis and head to Downtown.

-1 for me. 

I'd rather it take time and be handled by the correct Admin for that situation. Also doing it in the order they appear on the forums is going to end up holding the whole thing up. 

"Ah there's a really complex report that only a few admins can do. Better not do any forum reports till someone grabs that one"