Can't connect to the server

problem still persists for me, its a hit and miss, sometimes tackled with vpn or deleting like 4 files

And to add were I to turn off VPN when logged in, I'd lose connection and if I press F1 to reconnect, the server ping goes upto 999, as if I can never reach the server.

Edited by Loke
adding more details
On 3/7/2024 at 7:39 AM, Loke said:

problem still persists for me, its a hit and miss, sometimes tackled with vpn or deleting like 4 files

And to add were I to turn off VPN when logged in, I'd lose connection and if I press F1 to reconnect, the server ping goes upto 999, as if I can never reach the server.

Have you tried adding RAGEMP and GTAV as exceptions on Windows Defender firewall? That could be blocking your connection, also try setting your DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and see if that works 

• 4 weeks later...

Always try to open Rage first and STEAM second, if STEAM is on the list of "startup-apps" disable that; this is in task-manager ---> TASK MANAGER ---> STARTUP APPS ---> LOCATE STEAM ---> ENABLE/DISABLE

Download Cloudflare WARP and run it's DNS settings, sometimes the crash are caused by network / rage-related issues. It's very hard to diagnose.  

Turn of CEF settings and also download Baboon's GTAW.exe launcher from his discord; (linked below).

This skips the 'validating assets' part and will directly get your launcher induced in a state of launch without the formalities, eliminating some issues if not all. It's been very beneficial for me and would be for you too!

https://discord.gg/baboon-s-workshop-524982208910458880

image.png?ex=661fb86b&is=660d436b&hm=3ee