Amend the cop killing rule

1 minute ago, Conwell said:

It clarifies it for illegal roleplayers to know for sure if they’re abiding by the rules or not and legal roleplayers that they can be killed and that there are no rules protecting them from it. 

3 minutes ago, Peak. said:

Why are you wanting to kill a cop in the first place..? Why would your character want to be the victim of a manhunt as a result of you shooting a cop - be charged with capital murder or result in your death? To kill a law enforcement should be used as a last resort because the consequences from it are life-changing. On the flip side Use of Force by LEO factions is investigated and should be investigated more for IC punishments to occur as a result of misused force. Always happy for someone to explain why they've done something as long as it's plausible and realistic it shouldn't be a problem. The problem we had before is units pulling people over for a traffic infraction only to be domed to the head and killed instantly, this simply wasn't fun or realistic. 

I think the basis of the argument is to add some type of layer of fear at the back of a cops mind whenever they do a traffic stop or get into a sticky situation.

2 minutes ago, grimlin said:

I think the basis of the argument is to add some type of layer of fear at the back of a cops mind whenever they do a traffic stop or get into a sticky situation.

No layer needs to be added. This should be already present for the LEOs. Just because they are cops doesn't mean they are exempt from any of the rules listed. Personally, I run a death = CK policy in PD. So I approach every situation like that with fear because if I die, then so does my story! 

I was told to post this bc I was waffling before and this is the wise words of somebody who is 10x smarter than me (rex smithy). ::::

Lmfao, how about before all the "I was shot for a traffic stop" mfrs start posting and we add even more retarded rules, we resort to setting realistic PD and SD standards, first step? Let's remove heavy gear SWAT
mfrs rolling around on patrols in unmarked buffalos that can do 150 MPH. Then let's deduct 90% of TRAFFIC units from the hoods who also use /camera to look for drug deals and what the fuck not, and direct them
to Vespucci, Vinewood, Downtown, Richman and highway as it should be. Every single person crying about "I was shot for doing a traffic stop" is specifically going to South Central and running every plate in their
view then wonder when they get shot by criminals who can't respawn and take a free gun from a locker. The statistic of I was shot during a traffic stop oddly comes from the exact same people doing the exact same
thing every single day, oddly enough in the heart of gang faction turfs. Makes you wonder....

4 minutes ago, grimlin said:

Traffic stops are not a problem. It’s how and where they’re done. It was explained earlier, if you are at a disadvantage just drop it. Especially over an expired license. 

7 minutes ago, grimlin said:

it already is supposed to be there, im honestly baffled at the fact that any LEO even dares to enter any of the areas mentioned by other people on this thread whilst outnumbered. Should just be kept IC at that point and if anything happens to that character, it should just be an outright CK for being fucking stupid lol

Edited by _187
3 minutes ago, Peak. said:

No layer needs to be added. This should be already present for the LEOs. Just because they are cops doesn't mean they are exempt from any of the rules listed. Personally, I run a death = CK policy in PD. So I approach every situation like that with fear because if I die, then so does my story! 

I wonder how many share your opinion. I’d rather have a rule saying that if I catch someone doing something dumb and I have a reason to kill them for it I am allowed to do it. Why are you so opposed to this? Nobody’s asking for the rule to be removed, just amended to make exemptions for specific situations. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Thurston Howl said:

Remove the rule altogether they already have enough advantages over us (the silent majority) and if they cross the wrong person they run the risk of getting popped

It’s a whole lot easier to get away for crime on this server than it this to get caught. So unfortunately I think the rule exist as a deterrent.  

anyways back on the topic of shooting cops, I personally think some people are trigger happy or they always have the shoot to kill/murder mentality. Which usually ends in a one sided outcome and that other person ends up in some YouTube video with trap music for likes. 

on the other hand if a cop doesn’t exercise clear judgement on what might be a potentially dangerous car (I.e A blacked out Torrence with no plates) and you decide to approach alone in South LS without back up you’re asking to be shot and deserve to be. None the less, when you call for back up you get criminals either whining both icly and oocly about why so many cops. 

so again it’s a double edge sword but killing cops over you speeding through the city and having a gun on you which might ultimately get you a speeding ticket record depending or an arrest for reckless driving which you ultimate brought on yourself. Shouldn’t be an excuse for you to murder a cop. 

Edited by Akio
9 minutes ago, Akio said:

It’s a whole lot easier to get away for crime on this server than it this to get caught. So unfortunately I think the rule exist as a deterrent.  

anyways back on the topic of shooting cops, I personally think some people are trigger happy or they always have the shoot to kill/murder mentality. Which usually ends in a one sided outcome and that other person ends up in some YouTube video with trap music for likes. 

on the other hand if a cop doesn’t exercise clear judgement on what might be a potentially dangerous car (I.e A blacked out Torrence with no plates) and you decide to approach alone in South LS without back up you’re asking to be shot and deserve to be. None the less, when you call for back up you get criminals either whining both icly and oocly about why so many cops. 

so again it’s a double edge sword but killing cops over you speeding through the city and having a gun on you which might ultimately get you a speeding ticket record depending or an arrest for reckless driving which you ultimate brought on yourself. Shouldn’t be an excuse for you to murder a cop. 

It’s not tho. Read the suggestion again please. The suggestion is to make exceptions to the rule, not remove it. And very specific exception. I’m not suggesting to let people DM cops over a tail light fine. 

1 minute ago, Conwell said:

It’s not tho. Read the suggestion again please. The suggestion is to make exceptions to the rule, not remove it. And very specific exception. I’m not suggesting to let people DM cops over a tail light fine. 

I mean even in your case of tail light. 90% of cops will request you to exit the vehicle, you will be hand cuffed, searched and THEN you will be told, okay you can go, get that fixed. LMAO so are we just blatantly looking for guns or roleplaying cops? 

• Reece? locked this topic