Frequent framedrops

On 1/28/2024 at 9:41 AM, Smally- said:

What refresh rate is your monitor is it bellow 110? If so try turning on vsync, you don't need more FPS than your refresh rate. 

I've got vsync enabled and never seen a drop below 60 even in built up areas etc.

VSync locks your FPS to 60, I wouldn't use it.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:59 PM, Antibiotic said:

Even though I have an i5 12400F, 32GB RAM and a 4060 with 8GB of VRAM, I still get framedrops when I'm online. It drops from like 140ish to 110ish and it's very noticeable. 

This isn't the case with the singleplayer GTA V though. It only occurs when I'm on RageMP. What seems to be the problem and how can I fix it?

I don't think this is a case of your hardware. I get around 120 frames until I go into certain areas of the map whether populated or empty and I haven't touched any of my graphic settings or mods since putting them in the game a long time ago. Certain areas like Legion Square and Davis LTD cause my frames to drop from 120 to about 90. It's likely just an issue with optimization in certain parts of the map due to mapping or whatever else. I'd say if you want to keep your frames as high as possible just try messing around with settings like frame scaling, textures and reflections to see which will give you the highest possible.

I honestly think this is just normal frame fluctuation depending on where you are, like @jromjeksin explained. I have a 4090 and play on 4K Ultra. My FPS goes to anywhere from 100+ in downtown, down to 50-60 at Davis LTD.

Hopefully, these answers helped! Good to L&A? @Antibiotic

Edited by young.