Los Santos Insider | Gregory Reznik Inaugurated Officially

bad033bd9f.png?width=717&height=125

image.png

Gregory Reznik Inaugurated Officially

Written by Kate Park, July 26th 2023

Published by Scarlett Remington, July 26 2023

image.png

Above: Sheriff Gregory Reznik sworn in by Matthew Jackson

The 26th of July 2023 saw Sheriff Gregory Reznik sworn into office at a public ceremony held at the ULSA Campus. Hundreds of onlookers attended, more than anticipated with the venue at capacity. Amongst the guests several key figures attended including government officials Wade, Senator Brandenburg, Senator Jackson. Additionally Los Santos' other law-enforcement agencies showed there support by attending in strength to welcome the newly appointed Sheriff including Chief Dwayne Burke and his entourage of Assistant Chief of Police Li, and Deputy Chief of Police Espinoza. 

The ceremony was commenced and hosted by Sergeant Jacob Avila, newly appointed President of the ALSDS. The audience were captivated with speeches from Undersheriff Jonathan Medina, and Division Chief Shane Barrera who spoke highly of the incoming Sheriff reminiscing of there time years ago when they were green Deputies. Undersheriff Medina affirmed the LSSD values of being one team by utilizing the ceremony to promote two important figures within the command staff who have been identified as pivotal to Reznik's close-circle. 

6QzkIW4.jpg

Above: Senior Government Officials & Serving Los Santos Sheriff Deputies watch on.

Following important speeches, and introductions Reznik took centre-stage alongside Senator Matthew Jackson. An Oath of Office was repeated by Reznik bounding him to support and uphold his duties as the newly appointed Sheriff of Los Santos.  

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the state of San Andreas, against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."  Gregory Reznik, 26th July 2023. 

Following a loud applause the Sheriff of Los Santos County took to the stage to say a few words to spectators. Whilst we did not get any insight into what the future of the department looks like, we instead saw the appreciation of his department, and his roots as a Deputy Sheriff, he exclaimed: 

"Let me start off by saying that today... you all bore witness to the fact that our department is not revolving around a single individual or a single Sheriff. When I look into the crowd today, I see the faces of determined employees, colleagues, and officials that collectively make up the backbone of our city, county and state. I see the faces of deputies that have fought, sacrificed, and worked until they could no more, just so we can continue.  I look into the eyes of people that see the department as a bigger entity than our individual goals, bigger than any differences in birth, wealth, or assignment."  

p936HOL.jpg

Above: Rezniks stands amongst San Andreas Senators, and Government officials. 

Following speeches Reznik, and his command staff made efforts to communicate with field staff, media, officials and the public. We extend our thanks to the LS County Sheriff's for inviting us, and other public officials to the ceremony to welcome, what appears to be an individual that will continue to keep Hewitt's hard-work, but also make his own legacy. We hope to hear what the Los Santos Sheriffs Department has planned in the remit of public interest, and safety for the rest of 2023, and into 2024. We invite the Sheriffs department to reach out to the insider for comment. 

tZL32XW.png

EOtivmh.png

FVzbhq9.png

Edited by Remington
  • Upvote 6
  • Remington changed the title to Los Santos Insider | Gregory Reznik Inaugurated Officially