Valentina Chekova

Maybe Magpie

A Small Interlude, Autumn 2017

===================================

"Val?"

A pause.

"Vaa~al."

Valentina blinked awake, her brow furrowing as she squinted against the morning light coming in from the freshly opened curtains. It wasn't that late, given the angle of the sun, but later than she usually slept in even on weekends -- waking up at 4 or 5 AM every day for a good half of her life had ingrained a rhythm to her clock. "Hey," she croaked. A faint smile replaced the scrunched expression on Val's face as she fondly regarded the visage of the woman beside her. She was somewhat gaunt, slight of build, but there was a petite charm about her. "G'mornin'," she grunted as she sat up to raise her eye level to roughly the same level (really a good deal higher, due to their height difference, but it was closer than it was before at least).

"... So... you're really going to L.S.?" the woman asked, somewhat hesitantly. Her hair was an inky black, the kind that only came from dye, but there was a certain level of what could only be described as gothness to her outfit so perhaps that was unsurprising. Apparently she'd set an alarm or something, because she'd woken up before the older of the two and was already dressed. "Yeah," Val admitted, rubbing the back of her head. "I know, Allison, but I gotta keep the lights on, and you know me. Sitting on my ass here isn't doing me much good. I like this city, but I need to keep busy, and there's more work there for me." She swung her leg - singular - over the side of the bed, and reached for the prosthetic leaned up against the box spring to put it back on. "My flight's in a few hours so I should get moving. You're welcome to stay here while I'm gone... just keep it clean, yeah? No wild parties, please." Allison exhaled lightly through her nostrils. "I know too," she replied, embracing Val briefly. "But... be safe, okay? I'll miss you a lot." A nod came from Val, and she stood to go get dressed, having taken a nice hot shower a little before bed the previous evening.

Val brushed a brush through the thick shock of dark hair upon her head, attempting to get it to cooperate. Eventually she managed to untangle it, tossing on an undershirt, a charcoal button-up and some black jeans. Not long after came her makeup -- nothing too heavy, just some eyeliner and lipstick, that was it. Before too long she'd made herself a quick breakfast (a yogurt, sausage, and english muffin). Allison was there of course, and she embraced Val once more as the latter finished her food. "Be safe," she said, gently ruffling Allison's hair and planting a small peck upon her forehead and another upon her cheek, then a final upon her lips. "I'll be back, okay? I promise I'll visit regularly." Allison looked up at Val and nodded tentatively. "I understand," she said. "I'll feed our cats." Allison had said our cats, referring to their individual pets as owned by the both of them Val noted, although she didn't mind the statement of togetherness and what it implied. She did want to come back, even if Allison refused to go to the city that had so much bad baggage in her past for her. "Thank you, babe. I love you, okay?" Val said with a faint crinkle of the lines around her mouth and eyes. With that, she was gone.

===================================

Val fucking hated flying. Sure, it had once upon a time been fun and relaxing and luxurious, but these days it was akin to being crammed into a sardine tin after being practically groped by a bunch of overpaid, underqualified, under-brained ASA agents at the gates. Of course she knew why, but the fact of the matter was it was security theater that did jack shit and she knew that too, so it all was a wash. After a few hours of flying down the coast (while somewhere a car trailer with her cars was hurtling down the same direction, albeit slower) they had arrived at LSIA, and she'd grabbed a cab to go find somewhere to stay...

//maybe more later idk. allison created by one of my friends.

Edited by Maybe Magpie
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic