Game stuttering when driving/shooting, high fps, good specs

glume

I have GTA 5 installed on SSD drive. 

GTX 1050 ti

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU 

8 GB RAM

I know the issue could be the 8 GB ram, but is there any way to bypass it? The problem is only on RAGEMP Servers, probably because the textures load slower and it causes stuttering/lag spikes. It works fine on single player.

Is there any way to fix the stuttering when driving without upgrading my ram?

Rage is overall poorly optimised, I definitely suggest upgrading to 16gb of RAM & I would probably look at getting a new GPU - in the mean time you can try the following to try and improve performance:

-Setting the priority to high via task manager by right clicking the service and selecting the 'Priority' section.

-Also within windows if you go to System > Display. In here there should be a 'Graphics' option, select that and double check GTA is set to high performance 

- Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Disable Xbox Game Bar / DVR in Windows 10 or 11. Go IG on Rage, Windows Key + G, look for Game DVR, make sure "Record game in the background" is off.

- You may need to lower your settings or resolution, as RageMP is generally just a lot more intensive on your PC than standard V single-player

I would also suggest looking at the thread below:

Edited by Lokote
  • Thanks 1

4 months ago, my case was just exactly like yours, same specs same issue

its your ram 100 percent, i had 8gb of ram and my game was stuttering and wasnt playable, added another 8gb to get 16gb and my game went smooth

i tried everything to fix it nothing worked, dont waste ur time just upgrade ur ram, they r cheap

ur cpu and gpu r fine, u have ur game on ssd too, i have my game on hdd btw and its still smooth, so the only issue here is ur ram

i know the game is smooth on SP but thats because RAGEMP is different and way heavier with the scripts and all that

8gb of ram aint it in 2023, u will need to upgrade if ur a gamer sooner or later

• Thanks 1

I had similar issues to that and would turn specific graphics settings down (Shadows, PostProcess, Water/Reflections, you can change all of these while you're IG without restarting.)
Open task manager and monitor it while you're playing. Is the CPU AT 100%? If so, it probably needs an upgrade and could be bottlenecking you.

If the RAM/Memory is up there, then you should upgrade that also because 8GB is kinda low for the game if you want to play with less stutters..
The game might work perfectly on singleplayer but in Rage it has to load more data like every single property marker, outdoor furnishing, modded cars, faces/clothing, etc.

Specifications are definitely on the weaker side for RAGEMP. 

Hardware recommendations:

• Upgrade to 16GB of RAM
  • Upgrade to a GPU with at least 8GB of VRAM
  • Upgrade to a 6-Core CPU

Software recommendations:

• 1 month later...