roleplay screenshots

Do people actually read role-play screenshots? (not just watching the screens, also but read the RP lines) If so what is usually a turnoff and what captivates you to actually read through them? 

Me personally if it's bloated with unneeded text, I wouldn't read it unless the lines have a real story behind them. I think a general consensus gives players an idea of what to focus on when making screens and I think we need this because I'm not just posting screens to post them, I want people to see the rp my faction has to offer.

Ugly oversized and non default text is just an eye sore, scaling text based on resolution is important

Keep it concise and to the point as mentioned above it should contribute towards something, seen a whole lot of nothing happening in some screens. Also bad angles can make a decent scene look shite

Edited by Lokote
  • Upvote 2

This is the equivalent of written character stories you see in other rpg games. I don't personally think these are for other people's enjoyment, but a way for the creator to express himself in diary form. It will be enjoyed by his friends and a few others and with that comes the freedom to upload or not without any sense of guilt or responsibility. I think they are neat, they are a gallery into a characters life, and just like nobody really read written characters stories, it's just a creative expression of the player that might be enjoyed by a few others, and that is enough.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 1

I read certain threads if they interest me, and I usually either stop reading it after 2-3 weeks or I follow it till the end; the thing that decides that factor for me is if the screenshots are eye appealing. Too much text is a massive turn off. If there's something happening and you can tell there's drama or some plot twist otw then I usually stalk the thread for a week to see that scene and the followup after math.

Also just  my personal preference, but smaller more condensed SAMP like screenshots are easier on the eyes.