Make the Integrity Hotel parking garage and other garages a no crime zone

For the last week or two, pretty much everyday, I have been ambushed by an armed robber or another when getting my car at the Integrity Hotel parking garage. Realistically, this garage would only be open for residents of the building and monitored by CCTV or security. However, on GTA W, it is a safe haven for thieves that know about it, that discharge guns in it without anyone hearing, and that takes their pick of any cars.

Now, I don’t mind getting robbed from time to time, but when it’s almost a daily occurrence, it gets pretty annoying for us legal RPers. Given the fact that PD is very reluctant to provide CCWs and security companies don’t have the script support/residents of the building can’t unite to hire them for timezone reasons, us legal RPers have no recourse but to sit there and take it. On and on and on and on. Whether we’re there or our cars are just spawned there. 

In real life, as I said, a hotel parking lot is only accessible to residents, monitored, and patrolled. The script does not allow for that now and I have exhausted my IC options. I’ve talked to neighbors, I’ve placed notes on info markers, I’ve tried applying for a CCW, I’ve called the police numerous times, all to no avail. The only solution I found is to /vg my car as soon as I want it and /vp all my cars as soon as they’re parked. And that kind of breaks my immersion.

thanks for reading

EDIT: the area is currently a restricted crime zone, but some people are part of gangs that have permission to operate in the area. Others don’t care about restricted crime zones.

Edited by Miami
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Miami said:

EDIT: the area is currently a restricted crime zone, but some people are part of gangs that have permission to operate in the area. Others don’t care about restricted crime zones.

I think this is a very important distinction. If this happens frequently to the extent that is wildly unrealistic/poor portrayal/immersion-breaking/exploiting systems to avoid detection/etc, then you should report this to IFM. Because this would indicate that IFM would need to do more to control faction roleplay quality around these areas. Essentially, there are supposed to be restriction on this already in order to limit this from happening. Additional rules should not be needed, existing rules should be enforced better.

-1, but not because I would want to diminish your experiences

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

I think this is a very important distinction. If this happens frequently to the extent that is wildly unrealistic/poor portrayal/immersion-breaking/exploiting systems to avoid detection/etc, then you should report this to IFM. Because this would indicate that IFM would need to do more to control faction roleplay quality around these areas. Essentially, there are supposed to be restriction on this already in order to limit this from happening. Additional rules should not be needed, existing rules should be enforced better.

-1, but not because I would want to diminish your experiences

Try to break into your local Hilton's parking garage and camp with a gun and a mask on and wait for someone to come get their cars to rob them. 

It is already unrealistic as it is. And trust me, it happens everyday.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Miami said:

Try to break into your local Hilton's parking garage and camp with a gun and a mask on and wait for someone to come get their cars to rob them. 

It is already unrealistic as it is. And trust me, it happens everyday.

I agree, but crime does not equal robberies. You would be able to commit some crimes in a hotel parking garage. Just not a robbery done out of simple opportunity. I would think that IFM can determine that these restricted crime zones also keep locations in consideration when it comes to judging what is prudent and what is not.

Edited by mj2002
1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

I agree, but crime does not equal robberies. You would be able to commit some crimes in a hotel parking garage. Just not a robbery done out of simple opportunity. I would think that IFM can determine that these restricted crime zones also keep locations in consideration when it comes to judging what is prudent and what is not.

Absolutely, but the main crime that happens in parking garages in GTA W are robberies. The incentive for parking your car in a garage in real life is that it is protected. Protected from the elements, but also from prying eyes and especially from criminal acts. 

In GTA W, it seems that these garage interiors are almost safe havens for criminals. There is no way to restrict it to people living in the same building (feasible with key fobs irl), hiring guards, or installing cameras. It is by far safer to park in the streets, because at least then, the police patrols the streets and pedestrians call 911 when they see a break in. 

The point of an OOC rule is to rebalance things that can’t otherwise be worked on realistically ICly. I think it’s very hard to find a solution for parking garages ICly, as long as the access is not restricted for starters. 

+1 unfortunately there will never be round-the-clock security, in character, like there would be realistically. Specially when it's an underground or attached structure.

Maybe they have issues with trespassers and people breaking windows to steal things. Not full armed robbery and carjackings. It's not an easy ambush location like people treat it ig.

It's a realism problem, not a "deal with it ic" problem imo.

• Upvote 2

Integrity garage should be considered locked, as only residents normally have access to remote for the garage door. I myself had someone follow me inside few times. Though not sure how they got inside, scripty the garage isn't locked. But should be, it's residents only garage.

• Upvote 1

+1 although it's already a restricted crime zone and realistically should have security guards at all times, the Hotel and Motel rp is kind of neglected in the server, so people don't really treat it as a risky place to just go around breaking into cars and robbing people as they should. Might aswell just make it a no crime zone to be more realistic