Drug-Dealing Script (Realistic for RAGEMP)

Mantis

Detailed Description

I'll start by saying this, drug dealing roleplay in the server is completely lackluster, and we need an "NPC" drug dealing script to deal with this because player-to-player dealing is slow and inefficient to the grand scale of illegal roleplay. I hope to suggest an inspiration for an in-game script that doesn't differ much from what the server's developers can currently provide, which not only helps the activity and fun of drug dealing but aids illegal and legal roleplayers in general. A person not participating in illegal, or more specifically, drug dealer roleplay, might not realize how inconsistent the current design of drug dealing is here. I hope to explain some context by laying out the expectations and how those expectations currently play out in reality. The expectation is that some distributor with a scheme or lab approved will create drugs and then naturally push their drug down the line to the end user, with some trusted middlemen staged in between. Unfortunately, the expectation and realism get muffled by the lack of the player's interest in drug consumption. As soon as this quantity of drugs reaches the middleman, the system becomes bottle-necked, resulting in a lackluster gaming environment as the flow of roleplay usually becomes a game of hot-potato where the drug dealer tries to sell for dearer than what they got for it to other drug dealers. In my experience on this server, middlemen will push to their gang members, usually in the form of their locals or affiliates, if it's a street gang or another middleman at a marked-up price. This scenario is where the roleplay depth usually ends. Sometimes, the locals won't sell this amount to the end-user but mark up the price they received to another local or affiliate. Also, that middleman that bought from the other middleman will most likely push it to another "middle-man" for ten or more dollars per gram to profit from easily or keep it in their property inventory until they realize they should sell it for whatever can get since they bought it for the price that no longer would interest any buyers if the process was to continue with marking up prices. So the issue is that the point of sale is most commonly occurring within drug dealers themselves and not to actual end-consumers. Of course, drug dealing with end-consumers happens, and I'm speaking of the end-consumers who roleplay the usage of drugs for their character's development. However, I find this not to be the case usually. Typically, the end-user seeks the script advantages of the drug (HP BUFF) and keeps the spare in their /inv until they get mc'd/pk. 

Relevant Commands/Items

As I mentioned in the beginning, my goal is to provide something similar for developers to work off from and implement on a practical level while addressing some concerns that could arise and addressing them through a simple walk-through. First, the player's character receives a text (or notification) after sitting outside on their turf for a designated amount of time which alerts them to an "NPC" that wants to buy three grams of weed at a random destination. Second, the dealer gets prompted with the ability to accept or decline the offer, where if accepted gets a ping on the map to meet up. The drug-dealing character takes the number of drugs to the location designated by a red blip on the ground, similar to that used with the trucking script. After reaching the red blip, a scene command gets placed, alerting other players that a transaction or some form of loitering is happening during the duration of time. After twenty to thirty seconds, an animation or line of text visible within a range plays, alerting the end of the transaction. Some people may say, "That's dumb since people can abuse making the drug and then sell it immediately after." But then wouldn't take into account the risk the drug salesman (drug dealer to end-consumer) is doing by going out and selling the drugs, risking getting made by police, getting pressed by other gang members while standing outside on his turf as they await the notification or text from the NPC drug buyer. Also, I noted that a brief /cim or /create scene-like marker would be present, catching the attention of some LEO members. Also, a restriction or cap of the times and number of drugs sold at a time, to five or fewer, could help ensure fairness and it's intended affect. In essence, this is a street gang script, but as I've continuously tried to mention will be beneficial throughout the illegal scene in general.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I agree and I think this would be a very nice addition to the server to help promote more drug deals and generally have more buyers and sellers to keep people motivated to do more of their illegal RP and generally keep things moving more smoothly. +1!

I'll start off by saying that this is a thoroughly and very well detailed suggestion. We should see more of those here.

Now, my problem with NPC drug transactions is this:

- There is little to no way of tracing an NPC back to a player. ie; the drug transaction happens, but there is no players for law enforcement to pressure on giving up any info about the dealer.

- It is not possible to scam an NPC out of their money, and if does, it will again not be traceable by law enforcement since NPCs won't really give statements. Scamming (depending on how you view it) is important to illegal RP. It makes players wary of who and where they buy their drugs and entices them to find a reliable plug and seller.

- In your suggestion, the NPC cannot give inconsistencies in its location as it's with blips. Instead of a precise blip, I suggest an area marker for the dealer to look through instead, with the NPC spawning in said area, this would make it less likely that cops end up learning the spawn-points patterns of the NPCs and 'camp' right by or near the NPC buyers to bust the player dealers, if that makes any sense.

- It will get extremely repetitive if it isn't extensively coded. The point of it happening through RP, is the factor of human unpredictability and the fact that no scenario is the same. Is the buyer trying to rip you off, rob you, is your buyer a cop? Is your buyer going to cave in to police interrogations if they get caught? That's something that becomes a non-issue with a scripted system as your only issues will be to do so discreetly and avoid detection, and not the uncertainty of the buyer itself.

I agree with a whole lots of points you make that would make this a welcome addition, +1 Support from me, should it be worked on to be convincing.

With that said I suggest a few things for this to be somewhat convincing:

-Having the dealer go through an 'area circle' to find their buyer instead of a very precise blip.

-Somehow making it so that there is a convincing level of unpredictability with the scenarios. Maybe the buyer doesn't even show up. Maybe the buyer immediately notifies law enforcement, maybe the buyer gives half of the money, or something.

-Not make the NPC buyers 100% reliable, but should the NPC buyer not be reliable, have it so that the dealer can somehow get back at them by burglarizing their homes or tracing them back somehow to gain something from them.

-Have it so that there is a small window of time where the NPC buyer give up further details to law enforcement, like copying/pasting the player's /chardetails for example, taking masks into account.

You see how complex it can get?

1 hour ago, Timzii said:

People really be forgettin this a roleplay server lmfao, we shouldn't require any kind of NPC's which promotes RPG gameplay.

RPG Gameplay? No need for us to have NPCs on the server for that to be happening with how loose the definition of roleplay can be for some lmao. NPCs are fine as long as it's well-implemented and doesn't outright replace the (actual) RP happening on here.

I play both sides of the coin, if someone rolls up to me looking for some product and barely spits out a word or two of RP about what they're doing then they're out of there it might as well be RPG gameplay to me. Drug dealing isn't a constant thing either, there's got to be some RP material going on or it gets boring as hell if you're waiting 20 mins for a 30-40 second RP every time.

4 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

RPG Gameplay? No need for us to have NPCs on the server for that to be happening with how loose the definition of roleplay can be for some lmao. NPCs are fine as long as it's well-implemented and doesn't outright replace the (actual) RP happening on here.

I play both sides of the coin, if someone rolls up to me looking for some product and barely spits out a word or two of RP about what they're doing then they're out of there it might as well be RPG gameplay to me. Drug dealing isn't a constant thing either, there's got to be some RP material going on or it gets boring as hell if you're waiting 20 mins for a 30-40 second RP every time.

Yes, NPC's shouldn't be present on the server for you to sell drugs. Find new contacts to sell your drugs to.

If someone's giving you poor roleplay, then advise them or report them for it. It's not an excuse to add NPC's to the server for you to sell them to. 

9 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Yes, NPC's shouldn't be present on the server for you to sell drugs. Find new contacts to sell your drugs to.

If someone's giving you poor roleplay, then advise them or report them for it. It's not an excuse to add NPC's to the server for you to sell them to. 

If you look at my previous post on there (I don't expect you to but it's there) -- Note that I'm in no way saying it's a must. It's more of a 'want' from Mantis that I do think looks good on paper if it's well-implemented with a lot in consideration since players are supposed to offer a wider range of scenarios as opposed to NPCs.

That's the issue. Most players won't even give you that wider range of scenarios because they want their items and be out of there. The problem isn't finding new contacts to sell drugs to, the problem is finding someone that won't be half-assing the RP. I don't really mind if it's a short interaction, and I don't want a paragraph about how they're giving me the money. It's a little bit like the mechanic job, you know? A good majority of people are going to be in and out, barely any RP and if it's happening it's one-sided. It's normalized and simply reporting them or advising them isn't fixing the bigger issue of a generalized lack of care for concise, but good RP quality.

Edited by Mistery14