Reference pictures within character attributes/descriptions

Padex

Detailed Description

This suggestion is pretty simple: Allow players to attack an imgur link for a reference photo for your character, giving others a more accurate idea of what they look like, that would be visible under a command similar to how tattoo descriptions work. The difference would be that once given the command, the image will pop up in the usual way, like with CIMs.

Relevant Commands/Items

A new command within the /examine command. Could be something like "/reference" or anything similar

How will it benefit the server?

As much as the character creator and plastic surgeon are pretty complex in terms of customization, we can all agree that they have their limits and weaknesses, due to the way it works and the limited model variety within the parent models you are able to use, especially when it comes down to creating characters belonging to a particular/underrepresented race (A few examples that come to mind are characters with indian features, native american features, Even asian features to some extent). 

This feature would give more depth to how a character looks, bypassing the limitations of the game's engine. I believe that when it comes to how characters are created, especially when it comes to particular racial features, all people belonging to a particular group suffer from a samey looking face, or simply the character creator doesn't allow the player to accurately depict their character features since the creator can only give so much customization.

Edited by Padex
  • Upvote 1

I can see this being very useful for illegal roleplayers so they can post their custom face texture tattoos and stuff like that but I can already see certain people faceclaiming famous people from IRL, a mf gonna fuck around and /setreference a picture of Kylie Jenner when in reality they look nothing like that.

I personally feel like it's a -1, you could just post a shortened imgur link in your /attributes instead if that's the case, or in your /settattoos and specify it's your face claim or something.

We don't need cringe faceclaims around, mfs is not built like all these celebrities...... if you don't know how to make a good face creation, that's your issue.

It IS a good concept though, but it's gonna be mis-used and used in the most cringe way ever, from both illegal and legal roleplayers.

Edited by BLUE HUNDREDS
1 minute ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

I can see this being very useful for illegal roleplayers so they can post their custom face texture tattoos and stuff like that but I can already see certain people faceclaiming famous people from IRL, a mf gonna fuck around and /setreference a picture of Kylie Jenner when in reality they look nothing like that.

I personally feel like it's a -1, you could just post a shortened imgur link in your /attributes instead if that's the case, or in your /settattoos and specify it's your face claim or something.

We don't need cringe faceclaims around, mfs is not built like all these celebrities...... if you don't know how to make a good face creation, that's your issue.

It IS a good concept though, but it's gonna be mis-used and used in the most cringe way ever, from both illegal and legal roleplayers.

I don't think it'll be misused any differently from how people misuse the character creation already (for example, not too long ago I saw a guy blatantly making a character identical to DrDisrespect lol).

Besides, I believe it's already against the rules to impersonate celebrities, so using reference pictures of them would already be out of the question. And as for the people showing perfect good looking characters, I think that reflects in their descriptions already, I don't think the problem resides within the suggestion per se, but rather within how a player presents their characters.

This suggestion could be beneficial for ugly characters too, especially when it comes to scars, injuries, imperfections, etc

This is pretty standard in other roleplay games  normally because of the limited customization of the character, but I don't think we need it in this game with the quality of the character models. 

It comes with issues, such as using pictures of real people who hasn't consented to being used, celebreties, real criminals for gang picturs, to trolling by adding jokey and r-rates images which adds another thing for admins to have to control.

In 20 year old fantasy rpgs it is kinda must  and in those people often use commissioned fantasy art they have rights to. Elf portraits the person have paid for, here it will be stolen images from Instagram and gang mugshots.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Padex said:

its already against the rules to impersonate public figures, so that wouldn't happen

It may be against the rules. But, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

While it’s a nice suggestion, it’s a -1 for me. We’re far away from the days of SAMP.

If people can't spend time to make good faces to represent their characters they shouldn't be able to shortcut and force us to play along. I'm not going to pretend people look like their heavily face-app'd and photoshopped photos in game or like some supermodel when their character model doesn't back it up.

1 hour ago, Padex said:

A few examples that come to mind are characters with indian features, native american features, Even asian features to some extent

I've seen characters from these backgrounds represented well, and I've made an indian character myself that looked fine. Spend a little time looking up the features and spend some time in character creation and it's fine. No need for this. 

1 hour ago, Padex said:

This suggestion could be beneficial for ugly characters too, especially when it comes to scars, injuries, imperfections, etc

So do you want to use people with deformities, scars etc? No. People can get creative in their attributes like we already have been, and if they REALLY MUST, they can do a shortened imgur link as someone said above, which I don't think is necessary for a scar, imperfection or anything of the sorts. 

• Upvote 2