Are Police/SD/Judicial becoming power drunk?

Tmthn678

Does the server require a form of Police/SD/Law Enforcement Reform? (IC and OOC)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes Or No - Please only post constructive responses.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Developer
1 minute ago, liq said:

I'm glad that you identified the problem and fixed it, that's cool. I just find it funny that you were personally one of the people doing exactly what I said you were doing & this was only sorted out 48-72 hours ago. Just because you made a ruling 2 days ago doesn't mean the problem is fixed, just that you've identified it & are working towards a potential resolution.

Not exactly, it's not a problem that requires fixing, as I'd trust JSA faction leaders to know the standard of probable cause, it's moreso how people preceive it and how they think is fair. I personally implemented multiple systems to make life easier for criminals (think the auto bail, suspending large bail amounts, releasing people on ROR, not giving everyone life over going 30 points), but if someone thinks something is unfair, it's hard to convince them it's not.

Obviously that new rule makes it even harder for cops to get warrants granted, and it was tried before and overturned at least 2 times, but we're giving it another trial run on LFM's request. 

4 minutes ago, Soyuz said:

This sounds pretty analogous to law enforcement in real life. Over time, you start generalizing the population and treating people like potential suspects or criminals and interact with people based on preconceptions. 

Coming from someone with 10+ years of law enforcement experience in real life, no. You don't. 

• Applaud 1
Just now, liq said:

Because it is. You aren't law enforcement in real life. You're someone playing a cop. Your OOC behavior doesn't need to scream superiority and edginess. What you role-play as an individual character & is IC is no one's business for as long as you do it fairly.

If someone is roleplaying a police officer, and this is how police officers behave in real life... then what's the issue?

Sounds like this is honestly an IC issue. OOC play-to-win is heavily frowned upon in LEO factions and they take steps to ensure it doesn't happen. If you witness it, report it, but it doesn't mean a blanket rule needs to instated saying that you can't roleplay a real-life police officer's mentality in-game.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, liq said:

So you have a character that's a judge and you're also apart of the LSSD but you approved LSSD warrants... while being the DA faction leader.

So by this logic why are IFM admins allowed to take reports from other IFM admins?

Or do we only employ 'fairness' when it comes to players?

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department is very committed to ensuring fairness to other players. If you believe one of our faction members is acting in a way that goes against this, please take the time to let us know so that we can actually act on that particular faction member. We can't act if we don't know.

You can either register on our forums (lssd.gta.world) and private message "LSSD: Command Staff" with any quality issues, or send me a PM here and I will forward it accordingly.

11 minutes ago, liq said:

I'm glad that you identified the problem and fixed it, that's cool. I just find it funny that you were personally one of the people doing exactly what I said you were doing & this was only sorted out 48-72 hours ago. Just because you made a ruling 2 days ago doesn't mean the problem is fixed, just that you've identified it & are working towards a potential resolution.

During my time as JSA leadership exactly 0 people have sent reports to me (And I'm pretty sure Oli either) about favoritism in warrants. When I wasn't in JSA lead but in DAO lead, I reported a specific judge to LFM and they did... Absolutely nothing, and neither did JSA leads. This was over a year ago.

Restricting people handling their own faction warrants doesn't solve the problem (favoritism), which can continue with only a slight band-aid applied to it. People can continue to favorite, just not if they're in the same faction.

If people are found favoriting their own faction, that's when they should individually be restricted.

Other rules are better (i.e. don't handle them unless they're left a day, don't handle your OOC friends' warrants at all if you can avoid it etc..)

EDIT: 
If anything, I was more harsh on the warrants filed by my alt factions than that I was lenient on them.

Plus. If someone was PD for 2 years, they leave and become a judge. You honestly think their mates won't DM them and ask them to handle it so they don't have to wait a day?

Edited by BjornV
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Deqavious said:

If 'tons of people' were going around VDMing or doxxing people would that make it OK? 

Just because more than one person violates the rules doesn't mean that the server rules should be scrapped and not enforced.

We shall make GTA:W a better place, one rulebreaker at a time!

#MakeGTAWGreatAgain

No, it wouldn't. But this isn't VDM or DOXXing and is much less heinous. Unless doing this gets penalized and shamed upon accross the board, this is not something that should be enforced unless someone is specifically affected by it (I.e. someone is trolling in public with other people nearby)

4 minutes ago, BjornV said:

No, it wouldn't. But this isn't VDM or DOXXing and is much less heinous. Unless doing this gets penalized and shamed upon accross the board, this is not something that should be enforced unless someone is specifically affected by it (I.e. someone is trolling in public with other people nearby)

This does affect many people and should be frowned upon across the board, that is why I made the topic.

• Anubis locked this topic