Signal Jammers and what their Balance will look like

TeeHazmat

• Developer
52 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

The first thing I did when I noticed the signal jammer and removing license plates in the changelog was head to the forum, and look for this thread.

Why even have a monthly house alarm fee when someone can just jam the signal for 10 minutes? In reality if a house alarm is unreachable from a center, they'd send a notification out to law enforcement.

Law enforcement spends quite a lot of their time responding to tripped alarms.

I also don't like the message that the new torching system sends to on-duty emergency personnel.

"We received a call about a Annis Elegy Retro being set on fire! Units are required to respond, sending the location."

- It doesn't actually contain a location in the message.

- A grammar mistake.

- "Units are required to respond", lmao if an automated message tells me I'm "required to respond" I'm absolutely going to ignore it.

I also think that if you torch a car with gasoline that it should add a message to your /ex that you smell like gasoline for the next 30 minutes.

- Location - it automatically triggers a waypoint on the map.

- Grammar mistake - fixed. Sorry, I'm not an native English speaker so I can sometimes make mistakes. 🤷‍♂️

- Message content - any suggestion?

- Examine thing - that is not bad, I'll think about it.

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, 808Masterus said:

- Location - it automatically triggers a waypoint on the map.

- Grammar mistake - fixed. Sorry, I'm not an native English speaker so I can sometimes make mistakes. 🤷‍♂️

- Message content - any suggestion?

- Examine thing - that is not bad, I'll think about it.

- Location - With the panic buttons and certain house alarms making blips on the map, I think it might be too much to have torched cars too. Besides I think that getting reports with street names is immersive too, as you can't just send a blip IRL to the exact location of a burning car.

- Grammar mistake - Fair enough.

- Message content - I'm going to suggest 2 examples that'll work for the LSPD, and probably also LSSD. You can play and tweak these how you want.

- "Attention all units, FA. 301 call received – an Annis Elegy Retro is on fire on Dry Dock Street. Dispatch sending location. Respond Code 3."

- "Attention all units, possible FA. 301 call received – an Annis Elegy Retro is ablaze on Dry Dock Street. Dispatch sending location. Respond Code 3."

- Examine - Glad you like it, I believe cops should always have a way to fight crime. A clue should be left with the person who committed it for a little while.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

As someone who runs a security company I don't know how I'm expected to realistically interact with clients who start complaining our state of the art advertised alarm system failed to go off when the signal was tampered with since that's legitimately how home security systems are handled. I'm being forced to roleplay unrealistic shit for absolutely no reason other than to give some people a tool which is the LITERAL definition of powergaming.

Hardcore roleplay server btw?

it's not powergamed lol, it's a tool given to criminals to let them have a bit of balance in a genre of roleplay where the odds are stacked against them.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Decker said:

it's not powergamed lol, it's a tool given to criminals to let them have a bit of balance in a genre of roleplay where the odds are stacked against them.

The definition of powergaming is performing unrealistic acts that could not be done in real life. If a jammer would be activated IRL and jam/intercept/distort an alarm system in a property the alarm would immediately go off. The fact the signal gets tampered with in any way shape or form would immediately make the alarm go off.

With that being said, if this tool allows for this to happen when its not realistic or viable in real life, it is the quite literal definition of powergaming and thus the tool itself is powergamed. 

Please do some research on how most 2023 home security equipment works, especially the high-end ones. Respectfully. 

• Upvote 1
  • Developer
28 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

- Location - With the panic buttons and certain house alarms making blips on the map, I think it might be too much to have torched cars too. Besides I think that getting reports with street names is immersive too, as you can't just send a blip IRL to the exact location of a burning car.

- Grammar mistake - Fair enough.

- Message content - I'm going to suggest 2 examples that'll work for the LSPD, and probably also LSSD. You can play and tweak these how you want.

- "Attention all units, FA. 301 call received – an Annis Elegy Retro is on fire on Dry Dock Street. Dispatch sending location. Respond Code 3."

- "Attention all units, possible FA. 301 call received – an Annis Elegy Retro is ablaze on Dry Dock Street. Dispatch sending location. Respond Code 3."

- Examine - Glad you like it, I believe cops should always have a way to fight crime. A clue should be left with the person who committed it for a little while.

- Location - added location name like in /panic messages, should be better now.

- Message content - Changed it to 1st example.

- Examine - added as well, for 30 minutes.

Now focus on the main reason why this topic was created, but thank you for this suggestion anyways. 🙂

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Martyn said:

The definition of powergaming is performing unrealistic acts that could not be done in real life. If a jammer would be activated IRL and jam/intercept/distort an alarm system in a property the alarm would immediately go off. The fact the signal gets tampered with in any way shape or form would immediately make the alarm go off.

With that being said, if this tool allows for this to happen when its not realistic or viable in real life, it is the quite literal definition of powergaming and thus the tool itself is powergamed. 

Please do some research on how most 2023 home security equipment works, especially the high-end ones. Respectfully. 

the alarm already does go off, it just doesn't send a signal.

Just now, Decker said:

the alarm already does go off, it just doesn't send a signal.

That's quite literally a reason for the alarm to go off at the police department and especially the security company. As soon as the alarm stops sending signals and the connection is cut off, it'll start notifying everybody that there's something wrong at this location. And that directly means it will actually go off as the connection has been severed/jammed.

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

That's quite literally a reason for the alarm to go off at the police department and especially the security company. As soon as the alarm stops sending signals and the connection is cut off, it'll start notifying everybody that there's something wrong at this location. And that directly means it will actually go off as the connection has been severed/jammed.

yeah because it should be able to send out notifications when its single is blocked, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Just now, Decker said:

yeah because it should be able to send out notifications when its single is blocked, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Not sure if you're trolling me right now. The fact its no longer sending signals back to the main servers is a reason for it to go off. It's 2023, you really think people who develop security systems in the modern era don't take these type of things into account?  It's not at all as complicated as it sounds.

• Wuhtah locked this topic