GTAW 3.3 : Development blog & Illegal update

Message added by 808Masterus,

LS Chat has also a browser version, which can be found here - https://chat.gta.world/

18 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

I think you'd find those are /robhouses that don't affect the owners actual items and in turn, really don't matter.

You're wrong, we always check in with our clients to see what they're missing so that our private investigators can follow up on any information. Go past pawnshops in the next few days to see if the stolen good were sold, etc. It's nearly never the /robhouses command. Those are typically done on house/apartments that hold no value. People who break into fancy houses in Vinewood and what not (the ones who can realistically also afford us and our systems) are almost always done through /breakin and they go through the house like the flash. Going as far as to open up safes in mission-impossible like time-spans like we're dealing with some Gotham-city like levels of criminal masterminds. 

This pretty forces people to reconsider the way they furnish their homes and how its utilized storage wise. I wouldn't ever recommend anyone keeping any valuables in homes anymore. I didn't recommend it in the first place, but now especially it's pretty much pointless. I also predict to soon see a trend of people honey-combing houses to protect themselves in RUST like fashion against what are essentially RUST like offline raids.

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Kaleb said:

Chop system seems super RPGy, and the signal jammer seems ridiculously overpowered and shouldn't be generalized knowledge that you'd get from watching a Youtube video, and is accessible to everyone. Even limiting it to 5 doesn't balance it that much IMO.

Everything else is coo

The chop system is amazing. Nobody likes to follow some list where 90% of the list is cars that are never seen ever. The signal jammer I can agree with you on.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, carlos . said:

The chop system is amazing. Nobody likes to follow some list where 90% of the list is cars that are never seen ever. The signal jammer I can agree with you on.

I meant particularly the aspect of it spawning random NPC cars that have lootboxes feels RPGy, I wouldn't care if there was a revamp to chopping, but the NPC loot crate stuff is a weird direction to take the server in (imo). I admittedly have nearly zero experience with illegal RP so who knows.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Kaleb said:

I meant particularly the aspect of it spawning random NPC cars that have lootboxes feels RPGy, I wouldn't care if there was a revamp to chopping, but the NPC loot crate stuff is a weird direction to take the server in (imo). I admittedly have nearly zero experience with illegal RP so who knows.

It's been asked by everyone from both legal and illegal, due to the impact of having your car constantly robbed for chopshops being very high on regular roleplayers.

As for finding some small items in the car... it's all normal.

Realistically speaking you wouldn't have only 5-6 cars in a big neighborhood, you would have way more. So we're just adding some of these cars to allow for more roleplay and to not impact the legal roleplayers as much as before.

10 hours ago, SpartanofSparta said:

Signal jammer is laughably OP and is just a complete hard counter. That needs to die a death.

Otherwise, we’ll see how the rest goes!

Signal jammers are extremely expensive to make and are estimated to be around $50 000 in value. That means you must be sure to get back that value when doing a breakin, which is clearly not often (if not never) happening. It'll be very rare to see and be made to target high value houses / stash houses.

• Upvote 4