Illegal faction

Woozyarth

Best thing to do is approach the faction you want to join's leader, ask them for an invite to the faction discord. Depending on the faction you might be required to make up a character from scratch, some factions require potential members to write up a character story and give ck permission before roleplaying with newcomers. 

Best thing to do is be open to criticism, different types of factions have different expectations of their members, so it's best to ask your faction's leader or somebody else in the faction what they expect from you.

Don't try too hard to be unique either, most factions want regular people that suit their concept, not quirky characters that their characters would probably bully if anything.

Also don't be shy, most illegal roleplayers are genuinely friendly, helpful people. Ask questions about the concept, show interest and they'll like you. If you show no interest in the faction, they'll show no interest in you.

Edited by Decker

Okay, guys now I have another problem. So, after reading the guide on how to approach an illegal faction. I found that I can either start my thing, or develop my character along. So the question here is what kind of businesses and gigs I can start that will be of interest to the illegal factions and players. The idea of starting a gig is nice, but the problem is that it will not make for someone just starting a character fresh because he still doesn't have enough money to buy or lease a place. Like if someone can give me some ideas about businesses or gigs I can start without the need to have a physical building or commercial building to start the business in.

Edited by Woozyarth

Go work in a bar, or place the faction you want to join owns, or a random one. Make your own connections, have fun RPing, try not to focus to much on the faction RP but turn up to events, make yourself known as that dude whose around. You'll naturally end up joining the faction and being noticed that way imho

• 2 months later...