Illegal faction

Woozyarth

Hi, so I have been facing a huge issue with illegal factions, joining them is starting to get hectic for me because I do my best to portray a character that fits this faction and the problem I face is not getting noticed by the illegal factions either the members or the leaders. I tried to portray my character as deeply as possible to get noticed, but it is not taking me anywhere. I need to know what I am doing wrong, and I need to know how the illegal faction approaches happen. I would really appreciate it if some people gave me some ideas to portray a specific character as deep as I can, and some tips to be able to get approached or approach them. I tried my best, but nothing attracted the faction members to RP with me or approach me. I need to know how the illegal faction approach works?

• Upvote 1

I would actually recommend you not worry too much about shaping your character to fit a faction. Instead, make a character that you think will be fun to roleplay as, and just focus on having him do his own thing. Eventually, if you keep at it — which is only really possible if you find it fun — you will get approached by a faction.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, carlos . said:

It's about patience. Things don't just happen at rapid speed it takes a while to get noticed. If you ever join an illegal street gang always start as a minor as well.

I did that once, and I was patient and at the end I didn't get noticed.

* As cute and nice as advice like: "don't mind them, just be yourself and have fun" is (something that you may get in replies here a lot), if you really intend to be in illegal faction in the long run—you have to adapt to their mentality which does not often align to that of players on the legal RP community. Love it or hate it, it's how it is, always was, and always will be.
* Read guidelines of whichever fac u pick and make sure to ask questions if something isn't clear, they'll answer. Even if you have 20 years of RP experience, look at this as a new experience and be open to whatever criticism they toss your way. Illegal RP community has its own mentality when it comes to what's "good RP" and what's "not up to standards" compared to legal RPers. At the end of the day, communication is the key... You can simply ask questions OOC in whichever fac you are in, tell them to help you with your character, simple as that.
* Don't stand out with your physical appearance or wealth portrayal, try not to fall under the category of players illegal rpers refer to as 'mallrats'. You have to be similar to others in your fac, while you don't have to copy other characters' personalities - make sure your character at least blends in with the fac members with their drip, general mannerism, etc. The way your character looks can be very important. Sometimes illegal RPers look at a certain legal RPer's outfit and they simply refuse to take them seriously. I don't know you or your character, this isn't specifically targeting you—but it's something for everyone who wants to get into illegal RP to consider.
* and idk, IC, approach a respected member of the fac who seems to be taking point on things, or a character under him, and ask, "yo, there sum I can do for you dawg?" 

Edited by Lexy
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Lexy said:

* As cute and nice as advice like: "don't mind them, just be yourself and have fun" is (something that you may get in replies here a lot), if you really intend to be in illegal faction in the long run—you have to adapt to their mentality which does not often align to that of players on the legal RP community. Love it or hate it, it's how it is, always was, and always will be.
* Read guidelines of whichever fac u pick and make sure to ask questions if something isn't clear, they'll answer. Even if you have 20 years of RP experience, look at this as a new experience and be open to whatever criticism they toss your way. Illegal RP community has its own mentality when it comes to what's "good RP" and what's "not up to standards" compared to legal RPers. At the end of the day, communication is the key... You can simply ask questions OOC in whichever fac you are in, tell them to help you with your character, simple as that.
* Don't stand out with your physical appearance or wealth portrayal, try not to fall under the category of players illegal rpers refer to as 'mallrats'. You have to be similar to others in your fac, while you don't have to copy other characters' personalities - make sure your character at least blends in with the fac members with their drip, general mannerism, etc. The way your character looks can be very important. Sometimes illegal RPers look at a certain legal RPer's outfit and they simply refuse to take them seriously. I don't know you or your character, this isn't specifically targeting you—but it's something for everyone who wants to get into illegal RP to consider.
* and idk, IC, approach a respected member of the fac who seems to be taking point on things, or a character under him, and ask, "yo, there sum I can do for you dawg?" 

Getting a constructive criticism is something i started to accept. The issue here is that i think there us a specific character that will attract the factions. Another thing, what is the best way to portray an illegal character generally that is the problem i am facing. Also, i need to know i see this expression a lot "not up to standard" i neex to know what will make the character to get noticed at least to be a target to the faction to hire him. How do i even RP a illegal character up to standard, like how do i show that through the RP.

33 minutes ago, Woozyarth said:

Getting a constructive criticism is something i started to accept. The issue here is that i think there us a specific character that will attract the factions. Another thing, what is the best way to portray an illegal character generally that is the problem i am facing. Also, i need to know i see this expression a lot "not up to standard" i neex to know what will make the character to get noticed at least to be a target to the faction to hire him. How do i even RP a illegal character up to standard, like how do i show that through the RP.

Firstly, your character is more likely to be targeted for recruitment ICly if they bring something of value to the illegal faction. In terms of organized crime facs you should think about what crimes your character is into primarily. Maybe even rp as a solo criminal(drug dealer, car jacker, hitman, pimp etc) while you become more experienced and well-known in your trade before you approach a crew or an outfit. It would also help to fixate yourself on one area within the city or county and make a name for yourself there. Chances are the local illegal outfit will take notice of you and want a piece of your pie. I think the guide below could help you in general a bit.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Woozyarth said:

just look through faction threads and contact them OOCly, tell them that you're new and that you're willing to learn, say that you're open to criticism, all that. Reach out to them through forum dm or discord. some of them may not reply, wanting only experienced rpers in the fac, but I'm sure you'll find one that will. the will to learn and to be open to criticism is already a huge step for getting there.

those facs will ask you to make a character for them btw, which is the best way to get started... rather than joining on an already existing char.

Edited by Lexy

focus on development man dont go to the forums and ask how to get noticed.. 

upload pictures to the faction thread to show that you are active as well.

maybe find someone who's high rank in the faction and ask him to take you under his wing.. become his runner at the start of the development or something

find yourself some rp dont relay on the faction to just give it to you. start sell drugs deal cars make connections

4 hours ago, Misix said:

focus on development man dont go to the forums and ask how to get noticed.. 

upload pictures to the faction thread to show that you are active as well.

maybe find someone who's high rank in the faction and ask him to take you under his wing.. become his runner at the start of the development or something

find yourself some rp dont relay on the faction to just give it to you. start sell drugs deal cars make connections

Cars makes connection if i am planning to join a car racing crew that is not my goal.