[BLOG FEED] Insider Online (LSI)

grHje78.jpg

dAoXqu9.png

LSI.us | LSI.news | LSI.social

WORK FOR US

(( OOC Note: Only Journalists with access to the LSI Portal would be able to publish & comment here. ))

Welcome to LSI's Official Blog Feed!

This blog consists of content created by our renowned team of journalists that work throughout the State of San Andreas. While not all content we get is article worthy, our outlet strives to provide complete transparency with our readership and want to ensure the general public maintains awareness of what happens in their locality. Whether it is due to lack of context, information, or the inability to form content into an Official article released under the Los Santos Insider, LSI: Online closes the gap of wasted content that still remains informative to our readers and those wanting to know what is going on in their area.

Join our team of journalists and corporate team of Stringers as they document their stories and experiences on the streets of Los Santos, and the surrounding Counties. 

All photos and content published here is copyrighted to the Los Santos Inside c/o the Insider Media Group, DMCA protected. 

Commenting on this blog would be DISABLED.

grHje78.jpg

Edited by Remington
  • Applaud 1

Atomic

VI65Afc.png

UNVEILING THE UNDERBELLY: CRIME IN LOS SANTOS AND THE STRUGGLING GUARDIANS

Written by Holly Miller

Los Santos, a City known almost exclusively due to its rampant and forever climbing crime rate, harbours a shadowy underbelly fuelled by gang violence, organized crime, and poverty led crimes of desperation. As a stringer and journalist, my evenings are spent face to face with the end result; a vicious cycle of death and destruction.

Some scenes make an article, some do not. This may be due to the lack of context provided by law enforcement on scenes, the lack of significant and grounding photography, or the coverage of another journalist. What doesn't change however, is a personal experience.

At the start of my career with LSI, I had reached out to the LSPD to arrange a ride-along, getting an inside look into the department and witnessing the dangers facing them. A scene I attended completely changed my view and my once "invulnerable" belief, naïve as that was, was shattered. I'm thankful for this experience, and I had written an article on that scene, but could not share some of the graphic photography. I believe the public has a right to see what I saw, and what law enforcement officers saw responding to the scene.

*WARNING, PHOTOGRAPHY CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGERY*

Spoiler

Fqq6Thh.png

jlHAt2u.png

iMrUmGO.png

WCJDn0T.png

Gang violence has become an omnipresent threat in the daily lives of Los Santos' residents. Rival gangs battle for dominance, leaving neighbourhoods scarred by gunfire and terrorized by their ongoing power struggles. Communities now find themselves trapped in a perpetual state of fear, where innocence is a rare commodity, and survival instincts are honed just to navigate the streets. 

This was an attack on the Motorcycle club. An organized hit, or random chance? Considering the sheer amount of dead at the scene, it's clear this was a targeted incident. With my partner shot in service, my eyes were widened in the most dramatic way possible.

Night after night, law enforcement respond to a collection of calls, some life-threatening and some with the potential to escalate that way at the slightest twitch. The crime rate keeps rising, and as a stringer, the last few weeks have been among the busiest of my career. So, is law enforcement keeping up?

zdydMk0.png

SeLhetN.png

3SZviMy.png

From property thefts, to gang violence or vehicular crime, our officers are left scrambling to keep up. In the last week, 4 calls were placed by myself. An active shooting, a murder, attempted vehicle theft, and a hit and run during a police chase. Of each of these, the active shooting naturally received immediate attention with officers in the area within my presence in mere moments. However, no officer stayed behind in the hit and run when their suspect hit a motorcyclist and killed her. The murder in Davis required a member of the LSFD to flag down an officer after none responded to our calls, and no-one responded to the attempted vehicle theft. 

tuUuquI.png

Do they pick and choose? Are they simply overwhelmed? Another call I placed had a single officer respond after around fifteen minutes, to three dead in Davis. I'm not completely convinced he responded to the call and wasn't simply passing, however we had been ignored by two other passing officers in that time. Coroners were left to handle the bodies without any kind of security, and considering how dangerous this area of Forum Drive is, that feels completely abhorrent. I left the scene myself the moment PD also vacated; news isn't worth my life.

*WARNING, PHOTOGRAPHY CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGERY*

Spoiler

GtddYnx.png

It is true that shootings have become nothing more than a haunting soundtrack playing in the background to our Cities theme. Incidents are not isolated, forming a violence, echoing through every district; from Davis, to Hawick, stretching even to Vespucci. Innocent bystanders find themselves caught in the crossfire, while the sound of gunfire serves as a chilling reminder of the precariousness of life in Los Santos.

Amidst this turmoil, the guardians of law and order, the Los Santos Police Department, face an uphill battle. Hindered by limited resources and overwhelmed by the sheer scale of crime, their efforts are often met with frustration and despair. The response times feel to grow longer, and the gap between crimes committed and justice served widens, eroding the public's faith in their ability to maintain order. Is this a fault, is it a false perception? It is difficult to tell, but being in the middle of it all when out reporting on these incidents, it only feels like it casts a heavy cloud over the City.

EOtivmh.png

Edited by Lomadias
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Atomic

VI65Afc.png

LSSD SHOWS WHY TEAM WORK MATTERS AND REVEAL TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD "FAMILY"

Written by Tiana Reeves

As a journalist, I've had the privilege of covering numerous stories that highlighted the incredible work of law enforcement agencies. However, nothing could have prepared me for the inspiring display of family values I witnessed during a recent pursuit involving the Los Santos Sheriff Department (LSSD). It happened on the night of 28th May, but a day that left an indelible mark on my heart and restored my faith in humanity.

I was tailing an active pursuit, documenting the thrilling chase that unfolded through the streets of Los Santos. The adrenaline was rising as the patrol cars weaved through traffic, chasing down the suspect with remarkable precision. However, aside from the chaos, a sudden turn of events caught my attention.

0uvWV5w.jpg

One of the LSSD deputies, skillfully maneuvering through the pursuit, encountered an unforeseen obstacle that caused his patrol car to flip over. As I braced myself for a disastrous outcome, I was astonished by what happened next.

P0P1hD7.jpg

In a matter of seconds, the entire pursuit took different turn. Fellow deputies abandoned the pursuit (besides maybe one or two vehicles) and rushed to their co-worker's aid. The scene was nothing short of extraordinary. It was a symphony of selflessness, as officers worked together seamlessly to help their fellow deputy who was stil in the overturned vehicle.

What struck me the most was the genuine concern and compassion displayed by everyone involved. They weren't just colleagues; they were family. The concern and support were evident in every action and gesture. It was as if their duty extended beyond upholding the law to protecting and caring for one another.

As I watched the teamwork unfold before my eyes, I couldn't help but reflect on the importance of family values within the LSSD. In a profession that demands courage, sacrifice, and dedication, it is the strong bond between officers that strengthens their team and motivates them to face any challenge head-on.

OLkJ0Kg.jpg

The incident served as a powerful reminder that behind the badges and uniforms are individuals driven by a common purpose, bound together by a deep sense of loyalty and unity. The family values exhibited by the LSSD not only sets up an example for other law enforcment agencies, but also ensures the safety and well-being of every member of the department.

As the deputy, unharmed, was embraced by his brothers and sisters, I couldn't help but be moved by the sense of belonging and love that roamed trough the air. It was a testament to the exceptional character and unwavering commitment of the men and women of the Los Santos Sheriff Department.

UxQxKsr.png

Edited by denybosnia
  • Applaud 1
  • Remington changed the title to [BLOG FEED] Insider Online (LSI)

rYO8dnH.png

VI65Afc.png

K9 UNIT & THEIR FOUR LEGGED FRIENDS

Written by Shun Nakamura

The average person knows them as mans best friend, providing their love and loyalty to their chosen human. Whilst this has been true for thousands of years, dogs have a unique set of skills that we have learnt to utilise in positive ways for our communities. From dogs serving as herders, rescuers, sled pullers, emotional support and tons more. Over the past few years especially K9 units of Law Enforcement have been highlighted as the peak of serving dogs here in America, using their snouts to sniff out the dangers and keep the streets safe.

rpf78Wv.png

Above: K9 Aries and handler searching through bushes

Canines that join Law Enforcement often get put into work from a very young age, starting with training whilst in the early stages of development to ensure they're the right dog for the job when it comes time. Handlers are often part of the dogs life from an early age, usually having a hand in the training and development, this is a key time in both the Officers and Dogs life as they become acquainted with one another and build a bond that could last a hundred life times.

Dogs have heightened senses, they're able to discriminate odours that the human nose is unable to identify or even detect. It's been said before that they have the ability to smell things that once were, your family had a BBQ on a field with some sausage? The dogs who visit the field the next day will know, they're really that advanced!

As you can imagine such a sniffer makes these dogs invaluable to law enforcement, especially when these dogs are trained to have their nose developed and catered towards a specific thing. I'm talking dogs dedicated to finding drugs, others focused on explosives or guns and of course dogs dedicated to human scents for tracking fleeing suspects. 

JvBGHbl.png#

Above: The airship that tipped off K9 units where to search

Whilst out one night stringing stories together I had the privilege to see one of these working dogs, "Aries", in action with his handler. The handler and his canine were given a tip off by an LSPD airship, journalists believe the airship may have spotted an individual discarding a firearm into some bushes just off Innocence Boulevard by the old storm drain. The K9 units took a walk along the edges of the storm drain before the handler was heard in a chirpy, playful voice encouraging his four legged friend to search for guns. Aries, without a missed beat went into work mode dipping his nose towards the earth as he sniffed around and led his handler around the grassy banks of the storm drain. 

The excitement that Aries displayed was clear with his tail wagging, his snout sniffing and the occasional intrinsic look back to his handler almost as if to say, "Am I doing a good job?". It's clear he loved to work and looked proud as he donned a stab proof vest prancing around the grass in search of firearms. Unfortunately, as Aries search came to a close Officers returned to their patrol vehicles empty handed but rest assured we can all sleep better knowing we have our four legged friends doing their part to keep the city safe.

hzWuQod.jpg

Above: K9 Aries pictures with his head in the bushes sniffing for firearms

gWvwqqa.png

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

sNRwRA1.png

VI65Afc.png

EVADING? THINK AGAIN

Written by Tiana Reeves

During recent times in our city, evading has become an alarmingly common occurrence. Whether it's in the form of high-speed chases through city streets or escapes in the countryside, individuals attempting to outrun the law have become a familiar sight. However, the success rate of law enforcement in apprehending these offenders has reached high levels, thanks to advancements in technology and improved police tactics. While a few may manage to slip through the cracks, the consequences of evading are not something to play around with, posing significant risks to public safety and innocent lives.

kVjZK3p.jpg

The game of evasion has become nothing more but adventure for some adrenaline-seekers in Los Santos. Ignoring the risks involved, they engage in high-speed chases through city streets or illegal racing in the countryside. What these individuals fail to acknowledge is the ripple effect that their actions create. The unpredictable nature of these pursuits makes them a ticking time bomb, endangering not only their own lives but also the lives of innocent pedestrians and law-abiding citizens.

iKqMmaz.jpg

The men and women of law enforcement in Los Santos have made significant progress in adopting state-of-the-art technology to combat evaders. Air units who keep track of license plates, advanced surveillance cameras, and good coordination makes it easier for them to identify and track fleeing vehicles quickly. The ability to collect vital information during pursuits greatly lowers the chances of evaders slipping through the cracks undetected.

Law enforcement agencies in Los Santos have achieved high success rates in apprehending evaders. A combination of highly skilled officers, good coordination, and the aid of cutting-edge technology as well as air unit has tipped the scales in favor of the authorities. While a small fraction of evaders may temporarily evade capture, the evaders that somehow manage to escape are mostly tracked and members of law enforcement ensure that they are eventually brought to justice.

C2DKt60.jpg

EK2u7Km.png

rYO8dnH.png

VI65Afc.png

Slippery suspect cornered in Stab City

Written by Shun Nakamura

Above: Video footage of the vehicle pursuit, foot pursuit and detainment of the suspect.

On the 5th June 2023, Officers from the Los Santos Police Department were led on a pursuit through the entire State lasting upwards of 30 minutes. The suspect eventually ran out of steam on a dirt path just outside Stab City where he veered off course down to a small beach front. The sand swallowed up the tires leaving little traction forcing the driver to flee on foot. Officers were seen in pursuit of the suspect who was eventually detained outside of Super Pawn in Stab City.

qX92hj8.jpg

Above: Local business owners watches over the arrest outside their property.

Following the initial foot pursuit and detainment of the suspect, Officers stood him up only for the suspect to take off running again. Due to already being cuffed by Police Officers the suspect struggled to build any real speed and was tackled just fifty meters from where he started running, Officers wasted no time in getting the suspect in the back of their patrol cars and the suspect was detained. Charges he is facing are unknown to media personnel however it is safe to say he will come out a felon if he wasn't already.

ZqInGXd.jpg

Above: Suspect in custody being led to a patrol car by LSPD Officers.

EK2u7Km.png

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Pj7ndyD.png

dAoXqu9.png

ULSA, Alpha Delta Pi hosts "Charity Bikini Car Wash" for Bright Focus Foundation, Alzheimer's & Mental Health Awareness

Posted by Scarlett Remington

3kG43y2.png

The University of Los Santos San Andreas took advantage of the warm weather today, sitting steady at 69.9F (21.1C) with sunshine brightening up the campus's parking lot, by hosting a Bikini Car Wash which was hosted for charity. In particular, money raised by the car wash will be sent to the Bright Focus Foundation which focuses on Alzheimer's and Mental Health Awareness. The car wash saw an influx of a variety of community members, university students, government agencies such as SAN Fire, and the general public coming to show their support; while also getting their slick rides all ready for the new week!

The Los Santos Insider attended to show their support, donating $25,000 to the Bright Focus Foundation while snapping photos of the admirable charity event.

EOtivmh.png

sNRwRA1.png

dAoXqu9.png

Vehicle Fire in Little Seoul, LSSD, LSFD, SAN Fire Respond

Posted by Scarlett Remington, 06/24/2023

PYn0h2F.png

At around 5:00pm Saturday Evening, the Los Santos Sheriff's Department received a nine-one-one call of a bike being on fire. The Sheriff's had a radio car already in the area investigating another scene, unrelated to the incident who arrived less than a minute of the original emergency call. Upon arrival the Sheriff's Department contained the property and surrounding area, before calling in to the Los Santos Fire Department's dispatch who begun dispatching their own assets to assist.

The Los Santos Fire Department arrived shortly after the relayed of assistance, in which SAN Fire also responded to the scene. No causalities have been reported by either agency, and the chance of foul play has not been determined. "At this time, SAN Fire is going to be taking over the investigation in relation to this incident. They're going to be evaluating what caused the fire, and determining if foul play may have been involved." - On-Scene Deputy Sheriff, GAIA.  

gBu1wFj.png

fZE7qAk.png

• 1 month later...

sNRwRA1.png

dAoXqu9.png

DUMB AND DUMBER END BEHIND BARS

Posted by Tiana Reeves, 01/08/2023

EOi8eoD.jpg

Being a journalist, especially a stringer, comes with certain mental preparation, that you might be attacked, rammed by other vehicles passing by, shouted at by police, or pretty much all non-lethal, and sometimes lethal situations also happen. 

But one thing that we'll never understand is vandalism and damage done without any particular reason. While performing our usual duties, we were covering a shootout, followed by PD investigation, when two individuals, who were standing there on a bike, decided to get off and damage our vehicle using a bat. Upon executing the deed, the executioner ran away, while the driver of the bike didn't manage to run away, and he was tackled by an LSPD officer right away, which ended up in him being detained. Upon processing, it was uncovered that the co-executioner has a warrant on him that is active, which was ideal to make an arrest. 

The actual executioner of the vandalism managed to run away on foot, but it wasn't long before he was brought to justice by LSPD. The executioner also had a warrant on him, which led to the arrest. Pretty often, these small crimes are done by persons without any reason at all, and often executioners walk away free, but as this example servers, none of the crimes, small or big should not be taken lightly. We're not sure why the mentioned duo committed a crime right in front of LSPD officers, knowing that they have outstanding warrants on them, but thanks to fast reaction from LSPD, both of them were brought to justice and will be taken off the streets for a while.

CfxXjdy.jpg

LRCGUJl.jpg

Edited by denybosnia
  • 2 weeks later...