Why is LCN RP so stigmatized?

subway244
Message added by goddessoflife,

Hello, will your post on this discussion be one of the following stated below?

Trollish, ai generated text, random pictures and comments that do not contribute to the discussion.

Then please do not post. Are you going to post anyway? You'll be content moderated without any questions asked.

Just now, el capo said:

Bruh, if the LCN was involved in anything substantial in the west coast, we'd know because they'd already be busted lol, that comment is just another coping mechanism for LCN enthusiasts, that the mob is still operating but they're outsmarting a billion-dollar entity whose sole purpose is to put them behind bars.

How you managed to misunderstand a simple point after it was clearly explained is a mystery.

You either can’t read well or you’re still being tripped up by assumptions. Read it again with a neutral attitude.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, mahvin said:

How you managed to misunderstand a simple point after it was clearly explained is a mystery.

You either can’t read well or you’re still being tripped up by assumptions. Read it again with a neutral attitude.

Ggs on the wordplay and all buddy but your point still makes 0 sense, a true LCN rper just by this reply, THE LCN DOES NOT EXIST IN THE WEST COAST and even when they did, they had 0 motion lmfao.

Lemme break your post down so you could better understand.

"LCN is similar to combat sports in the sense that only a small percentage at the top earn great amounts. The rest earn barely average salaries, if even that much."

Doesn't apply to 2023, as they don't exist, even in NY they aint shit buddy, so what is the point of saying that in this discussion? We're talking about if they should still be a ting on the server or not.

"If that realism standard is met by roleplayers, why not grant players some room to roleplay LCN on the server?"

Because it's not realistic and anytime I go to a bar and see some random Italian dude with a fucking pinky ring and shades talking like he and Tony Soprano are first cousins, I want to log off. Even without that, their existence is just a put-off because there are so many other criminal entities to roleplay that'd make the illegal scene 100 times better.

"Not to mention that knowledge of organised crime comes after the crime. For all we know, LCN are involved on a grand scale on the west coast. They aren’t, but the point is that the realism we have on the server is always outdated. La Eme, for example, is roleplayed as if it is the early 2000s."

What you fail to understand is this is a roleplayer server, anything being roleplayed is based off research, we have modern examples of what La EME represents but we don't have one for the mob, you're just gonna get a stereotypical tony soprano joe pescicharacters.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

The same billion dollar entities that don’t exactly prevent insane amounts of violence and drug presence ruining communities? Your judgement seems to be “until I see shows and films and headlines, they definitely don’t exist in real life” and that’s just silly.

Where do you see them? Show me an article on any recent LCN activity in LA, or do you have info that nobody knows about? Are you like a real mobster in LA or some shit? This is a roleplay server bro, you need some sort of real-life example to properly roleplay a concept, I know the shows thing is just a jab but yes you need articles and headlines to properly roleplay a concept otherwise where do you get your information from?

• Upvote 1

I've never RPd in an LCN setting because it seemed quite off to be in an LCN family in the west coast. LCN groups hold less power in the west coast compared to how they operate or the power they hold on the east coast. I believe the stigma against the LCN groups comes from the fact that some of the characters are Sopranos/Godfather stereotypes and they want to be treated as top dogs or like how they are seen on the east coast. But is it just LCN that are stigmatised? Absolutely not. 

Take any factions, like gang factions, there we can find characters that are caricatures of movies and TV shows like related to gang culture, like Boyz from the hood, blood in blood out, American history X.... Like that. When it comes to MC we can find some Jax Tellers and EZ Reyes'. Same can be said about almost any concept that replicates and irl crime organization. These characters are usually trolled and laughed upon as well. Coming to legal characters since that were brought up as well. Yes there are players that portray characters that makes no sense like 20 year olds owning a supercar and a big ass house or an expensive apartment. Does this mean that there is no restrictions regarding this? No, actually it's quite the contrary, RPQM reports exists and these type of characters are some of the most rpqm related cases I've seen while being in the RPQM team, so yeah restrictions comes there as well. 

Coming to the power that LCNs hold in a fictional LA setting, it's not a secret that compared to street gangs, MC or other forms of organised crime, LCN is at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to the west coast crime scene. Factions like Martorano worked because they started from the bottom and built their way up but ultimately was pushed out ICly, so there's an IC issue here as well. While I don't think LCN as a concept should be restricted, people who wanna portray has to admit the fact that they don't have the same power as seen in Godfather or Sopranos as it's a different side of the map.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, el capo said:

Where do you see them? Show me an article on any recent LCN activity in LA, or do you have info that nobody knows about? Are you like a real mobster in LA or some shit? This is a roleplay server bro, you need some sort of real-life example to properly roleplay a concept, I know the shows thing is just a jab but yes you need articles and headlines to properly roleplay a concept otherwise where do you get your information from?

Recent LCN activity? They’re not the type of people to be posting gun videos like gangbangers, lol. How exactly would I point to their activity when the whole point is to stay out of sight after the fall of so many prominent LCN figures throughout the US?

We want to either get to roleplay the shitty LCN presence of today or we want the chance to organically develop ICly as the Italian-American younger generations. Does that exist? No, but it’s roleplay. Is the entire population of California supermodels and rich enough to drive fast cars? No. Are young gang members in California invulnerable to PTSD and other issues stemming from their life? No. So why can liberties be taken in regards to that RP’s realism but not with LCN? It’s a game, lol.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

Recent LCN activity? They’re not the type of people to be posting gun videos like gangbangers, lol. How exactly would I point to their activity when the whole point is to stay out of sight after the fall of so many prominent LCN figures throughout the US?

We want to either get to roleplay the shitty LCN presence of today or we want the chance to organically develop ICly as the Italian-American younger generations. Does that exist? No, but it’s roleplay. Is the entire population of California supermodels and rich enough to drive fast cars? No. Are young gang members in California invulnerable to PTSD and other issues stemming from their life? No. So why can liberties be taken in regards to that RP’s realism but not with LCN? It’s a game, lol.

It's a roleplay game we need modern examples to justify why you're still pricking fingers with the gun and cross on the table in 2023 otherwise just roleplay something else, some young eyetalians under the aryan brotherhood or something would even make more sense, but you get my point I don't see why you're still trying to argue. Anyhow ill use this as an opportunity to proclaim that if LCN is allowed, IFM should have no issue with accepting my Zoe Pound faction as we'd be building it from the roots up with all the voodoo and Kodak music needed to be real zoes. It's a game, lol

Edited by el capo
11 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

Dude you need to stop hijacking the thread, you're just making yourself look bad. If you want to complain about unrelated shit make your own thread and cry your eyes out over all the super models. This is about LCN roleplay and solely that. And it's very apparent that both IFM and the community are sick and tired of this concept that has been abused by terrible roleplayers for years. I remember in 2019/2020 I had Italian dudes coming on a daily/weekly basis to extort legitimate fast food chains in the most ridiculous ways possible and I've also had some nice sit-downs with LCN factions back then. Even the good RP felt weird and out of place due to the setting we roleplay in. Just stop beating a dead horse already, respectfully. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 2