Close Davis LTD (again)

zUgg zUgg

Most of my roleplay at Davis LTD has been lit, I always roleplay visiting my grandparents in the area from time to time on my music distro alt, I've established connections with young gangbangers, talking about music, buying weed and all that which also aided me in not getting robbed not forgetting the OG smokers always had lit experiences with them, all that troll shit I just avoid, they should be banned though.

The best way to get action as a cop is to just post up a block away from Davis LTD, or even just hang out at Davis LTD, because the players who go there will cause a ruckus even if there's 10 cops. Unfortunately the interactions you'll be having as a cop at Davis LTD won't be positive, because the worst of the worst goes there.

That being said, Davis LTD should remain a containment area for sub-par roleplayers and they should get a swift deportation to GTA:World LC.

gtawlc.gif

• Upvote 2

The issue isn't about the Davis LTD. It's with the players. LSRP had Idlestacks back then, which became a known warzone.

Davis LTD simply became a comfort hub for drug dealers, factions and gang members to do stuff - and when things a little bit nasty they pull their guns quickly enough. 

It should be treated as every other in game rule breaking by punishing whoever specifically broke the rule.

Closing down a business just because you see a lot of crimes, a lot of reports and a lot of illegal activity around is a no go in my opinion. 

From the report you mentioned, you can check how many were closed with no action taken - it'll filter out at least half of them.

• Upvote 1

Report the rule-breakers. If factions are involved, admins let a member of IFM know and they handle the factions.

We've closed these locations before, including K-Town too, but all that really achieves is removing a roleplay avenue that should be dealt with either IC or administratively. Report them, they'll be punished. If they're in a faction, they might get a faction strike and so on.

We will not be closing this for the sake of a few reports. This happens everywhere, if it's not at the LTD, it'll be in Grove, or the phone store or beyond. It's just because the LTD is a popular hub, people will pick a new hub.

Punishing "a few" by taking it away, only punishes "the many". Illegal role-player's need more love in terms of properties, hubs and so on, we're not going to start removing them from those that roleplay well. 

I will lock this, I think the outcome is widely accepted as "no" and I think there's been plenty of discussion around it. If you want to reword the topic to encompass a discussion, let me know. What I have done, is made IFM aware of the thread and accompanying reports, and we are all in agreement. If there is a theme around the same names, factions etc, it'll be handled accordingly. 

Else, lets not take opportunities away just because there's a couple bad apples. 

What I do think might help, is adding more stores or areas for people to post up at. I had a chat with @Igloo about this the other week but since I've been on LOA I've not made any progress. PM will look into areas where we can try to help with some of these aspects too and see if that helps. Gang areas need some love in general, especially in regards to properties and so forth which we try our best with. 

• Upvote 3