Close Davis LTD (again)

zUgg zUgg

10 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

There's nothing 'intellectually dishonest' about acknowledging that the server needs money to run, and the less players that play = less money, right?

26 minutes ago, Olivia said:

The idea that money is a variable in how we determine the severity of punishment is intellectually dishonest.

43 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Multiple factors are taken into account when issuing a punishment; donator status is not one of them. We examine the full scope of the situation, evaluate it accordingly and fit the punishment to the totality of the situation.

People who don't learn from warnings and ajailing will eventually lead themselves down a pathway to being banned. There's an escalation path that needs to be followed. Admins have rules to follow too.

This is a very proper answer, but it discounts the fact that the server has chosen a specific measure of punishment based on severity of the infraction. This measure is a choice. For example, it isn't uncommon to find someone who was banned from the server multiple times, and was allowed to play again later on. A choice could be made to punish more harshly on average, but unfortunately this has not happened. I'm not saying it is a perfect solution, or that we should instantly ban everyone who only somewhat breaks the rules, but the current approach does contribute somewhat to the current problems. I think it is fair to acknowledge this.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

This is a very proper answer, but it discounts the fact that the server has chosen a specific measure of punishment based on severity of the infraction. This measure is a choice. For example, it isn't uncommon to find someone who was banned from the server multiple times, and was allowed to play again later on. A choice could be made to punish more harshly on average, but unfortunately this has not happened. I'm not saying it is a perfect solution, or that we should instantly ban everyone who only somewhat breaks the rules, but the current approach does contribute somewhat to the current problems. I think it is fair to acknowledge this.

Just because someone has been banned before doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to play again. It's a video game, people shouldn't be thrown out like trash just because they might have trouble following some very vague rules that are sometimes enforced and sometimes aren't. When the rules aren't clear, how can you accurately enforce them?

38 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

Just because someone has been banned before doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to play again. It's a video game, people shouldn't be thrown out like trash just because they might have trouble following some very vague rules that are sometimes enforced and sometimes aren't. When the rules aren't clear, how can you accurately enforce them?

Once, sure I'd give them a second chance. That's what ban appeals are for after all, but someone who has 4/5 bans for blatant rulebreaking, all for the same shit..clearly has no intention of changing their behavior. Why the hell should someone like that be allowed to play again? Stop using "It's a game" to enable toxic and disruptive behavior. Playing on GTAW is a privelage, not a right.  

Aside from a bunch of trolls and more homicides in an hour than all of the US has in a day, the LTD doesn't add much to the area or to the server as a whole. If anything, it serves as a hub and as an ''HQ'' for a bunch of trolls that copbait, DM, and provoke others. I refuse to go to that area anymore because people just keep circling, kicking, spitting, or ramming into my cruiser every time I pass there. We once had three shootings at the LTD in 20 minutes. This sort of activity is not restricted to peak hours, it goes on all day long.

My favorite bunch is the group that refers to themselves as the ''LTD army'' and ''LTD soldiers''. The picture of the soldiers is the actual picture they used in the /cim.

New_Project_26.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
17 minutes ago, nateX said:

Aside from a bunch of trolls and more homicides in an hour than all of the US has in a day, the LTD doesn't add much to the area or to the server as a whole. If anything, it serves as a hub and as an ''HQ'' for a bunch of trolls that copbait, DM, and provoke others. I refuse to go to that area anymore because people just keep circling, kicking, spitting, or ramming into my cruiser every time I pass there. We once had three shootings at the LTD in 20 minutes. This sort of activity is not restricted to peak hours, it goes on all day long.

My favorite bunch is the group that refers to themselves as the ''LTD army'' and ''LTD soldiers''. The picture of the soldiers is the actual picture they used in the /cim.

New_Project_26.png

Fight fire with fire 
Bizarre prototypes of military equipment are revealed in Ghana | Daily Mail  Online
Parade in Ghana Features Prototypes of Military Exo-Skeleton and Robot  'Walking Tank' | Elite Readers
As this is a "IC issue" and not RP quality issue just deal with it like this, set up a perimeter, 4 armored K9 dogs with C4 attached to them, and cops on roofs with catapult and trebuchet. No cop wants to eye over that cesspool of shit.

There's a reason why "Davis" and "Davis LTD" is used to describe lackluster RP and deathmatching.

All jokes aside stop branding things as "IC issues" this is a clear example of low quality RP. 
Admins just need to step in and actually do this lil command called /ban
Set up a invisible admin at peak server hours in Davis LTD for a day, and let's see how much of a IC issue it is.

You rarely see this kind of RP reaching other areas because simply other areas have higher standards and just report bad RP.
Unfortunately in Davis LTD bad RP is the norm. There's a reason why people tell new players or any returning player to just stay away from Davis LTD.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 6

What are you getting from closing an IC job? Just start to ban the members of this "Davis LTD Army/Tribe" or whatever tf they're called.

I rarely see the LTD open because NOBODY roleplays inside of the Davis LTD, they just troll outside. You can put 1 and 1 together, the issue isn't the business, the issue is the trolls that post up out there for hours blasting loud music and dancing while provoking cops and killing people just to repeat that same thing when cops clear out.

51 minutes ago, Invictus said:

or the silent one i wont type its name cause it sounds sus asf.

I lowkey wanna know whats the command's name now