Different applications for criminal vs legal roleplayers

LoneRider

2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

These rules are applied equally to all players. So what's unfair about it?

That if you're roleplaying someone who engages in illegal activities, you need to be aware of more rules than a civilian,  and always need to walk on eggshells OOCly in case an admin shows up and decides that your conduct isn't up to the server's standards, based on the vagueness of the rules that's up to the interpretation of every individual admin.

18 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

Yes, but the administration doesn't hold legal roleplayers to the same standards. Do something unrealistic as a civilian? Nothing's gonna happen. Rob 3 people within 2 hours? You'll get ajailed.

Don't believe me? Look at the report player section. It's either legals report illegals or illegals reporting each other. 

You do realise that the whole issue with robbing 3 people in 2 hours is that it drives away the people who run legal RP characters, right?

And the main reason illegal roleplayers tend to get punished more, is that their actions drive away a larger part of the server.

Vs someone who just didn't RP selling crates. And yes, neither are OK. But the first one ruins the server a lot more than the second.

Edited by Mahiko
added some stuff
5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Do they even exist any more?

No, he just thinks it's some sort of ''gotcha'' moment.

2 hours ago, LoneRider said:

That if you're roleplaying someone who engages in illegal activities, you need to be aware of more rules than a civilian,  and always need to walk on eggshells OOCly in case an admin shows up and decides that your conduct isn't up to the server's standards, based on the vagueness of the rules that's up to the interpretation of every individual admin.

Damn bro it's almost as if civilians don't shoot at cops and murder randomly

Edited by pateuvasiliu
34 minutes ago, Bolax said:

come to the faction i'm in and you'll see they're alive and well.

I have no idea which faction this could be, but I guess I'll stay away from them. I'm curious though, why haven't they been reported? I don't read every single forum report any more, but I can only really remember one or two that actually involve cat ears and automatics over the course of a few years.

5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I have no idea which faction this could be, but I guess I'll stay away from them. I'm curious though, why haven't they been reported? I don't read every single forum report any more, but I can only really remember one or two that actually involve cat ears and automatics over the course of a few years.

99% of these reports take place in game and are almost always ended with the player being given a verbal warning.

My own take alone as usual.

Two different applications wouldn't make sense. A civilian can become a criminal in a matter of seconds so there should be the same standard for every player.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but when I take on a report I don't necessarily know/care who if a character is legal, illegal or otherwise. I evaluate all elements of each situation and apply the server rules to the matter at hand. I think the idea that certain groups are held to different standards is unfounded.

Characters that take an adverse action against another (i.e taking property, committing violence) are infinitely more likely to be reported than people who just go bar hopping; that's just the nature of conflict driven roleplay. If the person that's reported (LEO or criminal) follows the rules, there won't be an issue.

• Upvote 5