Different applications for criminal vs legal roleplayers

LoneRider

On 5/13/2023 at 12:54 PM, LoneRider said:

It is quite evident that criminal roleplayers are held to higher standards and have to abide by more rules than their legal counterparts.

Sorry...? What? I'll take this thread as a banter and trollish one instead of a serious one... This is obviously a solid no, not even an option. Applications should remain equal to everyone, and thinking that criminal roleplayers are held to a higher standard is one of the most "interesting" statements I've seen in this server. 
Anyway, big no. Keep applications the same for everyone. 

No one is above the other. I don’t believe someone who wants to rp a gang banger needs to write a totally different app from your everyday trash boy. That’s not the point of the application, also consider stuff happens icly what if they changed their path icly? Then what? 

keep it as is. 

There is no "illegal" and "legal" character, there are just characters. If you're actually roleplaying a character you're gonna be fully realized and have good and bad qualities. It would be ridiculous to divide the two sections into different applications. Because at the end of the day, you're not born a criminal, you choose to become one due to some sort of circumstance in your life. 

The whole this vs that side needs to end already, it's often just used to highlight extremes of both sections as "bad", when in reality they're just the minority. 

• Upvote 5
On 5/15/2023 at 5:01 AM, Bolax said:

I'm not shutting anything down I just don't agree with you.

My faction has been dmed twice by mallrat cat ear wearing lesbians and both times the /reports ended n the individuals being given warnings. What I'm saying is true.

And I've had criminals who used /changechar and teleported somewhere else to avoid capture. And they lied about it in the report. And they got a warning.

The only ones who get ridiculous punishments when they break rules are cops.

We all follow the same rules. The standards are the same. It's just a fact of the RP that criminal behaviour by definition targets other players, and that makes the affected players more eager to scrutinize it and report it 

People are hyperfocused on the illegal vs legal divide, but when you go through the reports section a larger chunk of forum reports are often actually illegal players reporting other illegal players.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, Flatline said:

Sorry...? What? I'll take this thread as a banter and trollish one instead of a serious one... This is obviously a solid no, not even an option. Applications should remain equal to everyone, and thinking that criminal roleplayers are held to a higher standard is one of the most "interesting" statements I've seen in this server. 
Anyway, big no. Keep applications the same for everyone. 

They are, all you have to do is take a look at the report player section. Most rules are vague on purpose so administrators can have a lot of leeway when punishing someone.

Rules should be like this, "Rob more than X people within X amount of time, you get ajailed". Not "If you rob too many people within X amount of time you can get ajailed" when no one clarifies how many is too many. That was just an example, but you get the gist.

What's the point of blaming illegal roleplayers when the rules aren't even that clear? It shouldn't be up to anyone's interpretation, the rules should be very clear, otherwise people shouldn't be blamed for not being able to follow them.

Illegal side scenarios are more complicated, hence why their rules are more expanded and specific. Illegal roleplay also more often affects other players directly negatively, which is also why rules are stronger on that side. Lots of players want to be a part of interesting, complicating scenarios that escalate and pump up blood a little bit. Often everything goes south also just because people can't take the loss. Lots of gamers are so competitive, that they'll rather ignore the rules only to take the W, which later still gonna be taken from them. 

34 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

They are, all you have to do is take a look at the report player section. Most rules are vague on purpose so administrators can have a lot of leeway when punishing someone.

Rules should be like this, "Rob more than X people within X amount of time, you get ajailed". Not "If you rob too many people within X amount of time you can get ajailed" when no one clarifies how many is too many. That was just an example, but you get the gist.

What's the point of blaming illegal roleplayers when the rules aren't even that clear? It shouldn't be up to anyone's interpretation, the rules should be very clear, otherwise people shouldn't be blamed for not being able to follow them.

It's roleplay game, you should be thinking critically of how situations would pan out in real life, plus still stay creative about portraying your character. Common courtesy. We are playing here and portraying real life actions, things and scenarios. If you can't follow that middle line between game with the real-life effects, I think player should be still be called responsible for their wrong actions if they break the rules. 

In this case, I don't think you can specify the exact number of how many robberies are too many. It really depends  from the each individual situation, which is why it's left without an exact number. 

11 minutes ago, Robis said:

Illegal side scenarios are more complicated, hence why their rules are more expanded and specific. Illegal roleplay also more often affects other players directly negatively, which is also why rules are stronger on that side. Lots of players want to be a part of interesting, complicating scenarios that escalate and pump up blood a little bit. Often everything goes south also just because people can't take the loss. Lots of gamers are so competitive, that they'll rather ignore the rules only to take the W, which later still gonna be taken from them. 

It's roleplay game, you should be thinking critically of how situations would pan out in real life, plus still stay creative about portraying your character. Common courtesy. We are playing here and portraying real life actions, things and scenarios. If you can't follow that middle line between game with the real-life effects, I think player should be still be called responsible for their wrong actions if they break the rules. 

In this case, I don't think you can specify the exact number of how many robberies are too many. It really depends  from the each individual situation, which is why it's left without an exact number. 

You can't break a rule if it doesn't exist in the first place. Rules shouldn't be ass-pulled the moment someone gets reported. Do X, get X punishment, that's how things should be. Everyone should be on the same page, legal, illegal and everyone in between.

Edited by LoneRider

It should be expected that there's more rules you need to follow if you do illegal RP. The amount of rules about illegal RP are there because people like to abuse the system, do chain robberies and just play RP servers as if they were in a Cops n' Robbers game mode. Yes, there is a lot of good RP to be found amongst the illegal scene from experienced roleplayers, but sadly, illegal scene also attracts a lot of new players jumping into GTA:W from Light RP FiveM servers thinking pulling an M4 out of their buttocks without RP, dragging people out of their cars in the middle of the street and shooting people because they called them a moron is an acceptable standard to follow. People do silly stuff and when confronted, their go-to response is ''but there is nothing in the rules about it'' without using a degree of common sense. Players should really self-moderate themselves and have the decency to think that after they just robbed a watch off someone's wrist, maybe they should just lay low for a while before going on to hop into a car and drive around to look for more victims. Go and do some passive hood RP, use the money you just got to treat yourself with a beer at a bar... anything. Criminal activities should be part of your life, not something you do all the time as a criminal. One of the main arguments I've heard is ''I do robberies because they are fun. I don't want to sit and do nothing.'' If that's the case... maybe RP is just not for you, CnR and DM servers exist where you can rob and murder to your heart's content.

As for legal characters... there's still rules they need to follow. The main thing really is people often can't be bothered to report them, because realistically, their actions don't affect other players too much. Yes, you should not be an 18-year old taxi driver turned mechanic turned supermodel turned lawyer turned nurse turned bartender driving a pimped-out Pfister while being homeless and while it looks goofy, realistically a lot of people just don't bother to report it because at the end of the day, them doing it doesn't affect players to the same extent as getting robbed 7 times in the span of 3 hours does.

As for different applications, I don't think that would change anything. People feed their friends answers all the time just to get them into the server, without said friends even bothering to read the rules themselves.