[BLOG] Glow up time - Beauty Blog

FtnxEPR.jpg

1st Post:

Welcome to my beauty blog! My name is Dunya, and as a lover of all things beauty, I am excited to share my knowledge and passion with you. From makeup to skincare, haircare to nail art, product and salon reviews, this blog will cover it all. Whether you're a beauty newbie or a seasoned pro, there will be something for everyone. Even if it's sharing your own knowledge with others in the comments or even correcting me, since nobody's perfect! Join me on this journey as we explore the world of beauty together!

Today, we will start with something "basic" that is still challenging to perfect: eyeliner. Especially a straight or precise line can be a struggle in the beginning. Regardless of your experience, we all can have a bad line day, so this tutorial shall help us lessen those occasions, give tips and tricks, and educate. No matter whether it's a classic line, wing look, or cat eye, each gives your look a unique touch. 

We all have different eye shapes, and not every eyeliner style fits every shape. You need to highlight different areas depending on your shape. People with big eyes have the advantage that they can't make their eyes look too small, so they have a free choice in terms of highlighting their lids and lashes. Things look different for people with droopy eyelids or small eyes.

In the case of droopy lids, you should apply the eyeliner only to the upper eyes, as an additional line on the lower lid would make the eye appear too small. Draw it as close as possible to the root line of your lashes and make sure that you do not apply the eyeliner too thickly. You don't want your eyes to look too squat.

If you have sloping eye corners, then the right eyeliner style is about visually opening and lifting the eyes. In addition to working with light eye shadow as a highlight, you should draw the eyeliner only along the upper eyelid. It is best to start in the middle so that you have a beautiful arc that reaches its peak in the middle and thus visually opens the eye.

Do you have roundly shaped eyes? No problem, your goal is to make them appear a bit more almond-shaped. To do this, it is helpful to simply draw the eyeliner over the eye and visually widen it. When applying your eyeliner, make sure you have a nice sweep on the outer eyelid because this opens it up and gives it that almond shape you are seeking. If you want to be a little more discreet, it also helps to let the upper and lower lines run together at the outer corner and blend them slightly.

Now that we got this cleared out, lets move to the actual tutorial!

Step 1: The base
To make the eyeliner sit perfectly, I always use a base. A little bit of concealer, powder, and off you go. The advantages of a base are that it a) makes it more beautiful, b) more durable, and c) covers red veins that distract from your look.

Step 2: The positioning
I always start with a wing. That way, I can decide in the beginning where my line ends and how high it is set. With round eyes, I would set it rather low. For almond eyes, my suggestion is to go a bit higher. To draw the wing, my advice is to draw little dots and check in your mirror if you like that position. If you like it, draw a fine line and connect the dots.

Step 3: The lining
After the wing is in place, place the tip of your brush or pen a millimeter or two away from the end of the wing. Since the end shouldn't be too thick, we start with our actual lining a bit further down. This is one of the biggest mistakes many make. We want a fine and pointy end, so we automatically guarantee that by starting further down.

Step 4: The finish
Now all we have to do is draw the line along the roots of the lashes. If you are unable to do it in one stroke, don't worry! Just draw dots and connect them one by one. You can train with a kohl pencil at first since you can easily correct mistakes with a cotton swab.

s1EWVvX.png

Tips & Tricks

• Your body posture can ease things up. Rest your elbow on something and lift up your chin.
  • Once you get the hang of how to draw a line, use waterproof eyeliner. Otherwise, it will start to smear naturally over the day, and I am not sure if you want to rock the panda-eyes-look.
  • The line must be drawn as close as possible to the lash line so that the effect of the eyeliner really shines. If the gap is too large, the positive effect of thickening the lash line is missing.
  • For the days where you can't put too much time into your makeup but still want to slay the day, I have a tip for you: Sharpen your pencil for a precise point, draw a thin line along your upper lash lines, really close to the roots with the tip. It doesn't matter if the line is perfect, as long as it's thin. Then grab an angled brush to smooth out the edge of the line, working from the inner corner outwards, and the further you go out, the more you can thicken the line. That way, you can have a soft line. It's fast, easy, and super forgiving.

Thank you for reading this post! I hope you found this tutorial helpful and informative. Remember, makeup is all about self-expression and having fun. Don't be afraid to experiment with different products and techniques to find what works best for you. Let me know in the comments if you have topics that interest you, and also your feedback! ♥

Yours,
Dunya

Comments are enabled.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

FtnxEPR.jpg

2nd Post: Foundation

Welcome to my beauty blog! My name is Dunya, and as a lover of all things beauty, I am excited to share my knowledge and passion with you. From makeup to skincare, haircare to nail art, product and salon reviews, this blog will cover it all. Whether you're a beauty newbie or a seasoned pro, there will be something for everyone. Even if it's sharing your own knowledge with others in the comments or even correcting me, since nobody's perfect! Join me on this journey as we explore the world of beauty together!

Ahh yea, foundation. The troubled child of our daily routine. In a perfect world it enchants our face and saves the day. To make sure it keeps being the lifesaver it is and doesn't end up in a disaster, here are my tips for you.

Powder, creme or stick?
Every skin type needs their right choice of texture. You know if its the wrong texture, when skin and foundation don't mix together. If that is the case, just use a different texture.
You don't want to use a powder foundation on dry skin, since it can settle into your pores and lines while you don't want a liquid foundation for oily skin, as it will make it overly shiny.
My tip, a creme foundation works on almost every type of skin while maintaining the most natural look. But try out what your skin needs and what gives you the look you desire.

Less is more
Too much foundation looks mask-like, unnatural and most importantly, clogs your pores. Instead of covering blemishes and small imperfections or lines, they become even more prominent. You basically conjure them up. So rather than overdoing, apply selectively and blend everything softly in. Fix it up with some mineralized powder and return the skin look with some setting spray.

Prime is not a crime
Without a base your makeup won't make it through the day. That's why its always important to prime your complexion, so your foundation can withstand heat and stress. I always use a primer with moisturizing effect so my skin stays moist and extend the durability of my foundation.

Brush, sponge or fingers?
How to apply the foundation correctly? This is probably the question of all questions and I hear again and again. For me, this is a pure matter of taste whether with a brush, sponge or fingers. If you want a natural and even result, you should use a brush. With a foundation brush you achieve a beautiful result and you often need much less product than with the sponge or the fingers. But in the end, whatever works best for you, use that. As long as you can blend it to your likings!

The right tone
The foundation should perfectly match your skin tone. How do you find the right shade? By trial and error, preferably directly in daylight and preferably on the forehead, because there you never have shadows.

Fake Tan
Never use foundation one shade darker, as fake tan. This always looks unnatural and also forms ugly edges on the chin, ears and forehead. It is better to use a darker shade of powder and, together with bronzer, to contour the face and give it a fresher look.

Crumbling facade
If you are prone to enlarged and large pores, dry patches or blemishes, foundation can sometimes get stuck on them, unintentionally drawing even more attention to them. For the perfect complexion, skincare is just as much a part of it as the right foundation. Apply moisturizer, primer anyway and who wants, can even mix some Strobe Cream under the foundation, so that the foundation is still a tad enriched with moisture.

Until the next post, have a great weekend!♥
Yours,
Dunya

Comments are enabled.

Edited by LyseMid
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

FtnxEPR.jpg

3rd Post: Men's Makeup - Kings can slay too

Hello pretty people and welcome to my blog! Today I want to talk about a topic that is near and dear to my heart: makeup for men. I know what you're thinking: makeup is for girls, right? Wrong! Makeup can be used by anyone, regardless of gender. In fact, more and more men are starting to wear makeup, and it's about time. 
Why am I exactly writing this you may ask? This matter was brought to my attention by a reader. He told me that he enjoyed reading my blog, but that he doesn't find it very helpful because makeup is for women. This is unfortunate, because makeup can be a great way for men(but literally anyone, your gender identity doesn't matter when it comes to looking and feeling great!) to express themselves and feel more confident. In this blog post, I want to clear up some misconceptions about men wearing makeup. I also want to give some tips to men who are interested in trying makeup for the first time. Makeup isn't just all about lipstick, blush and appearing like a main character from Euphoria. (Please watch the show, its sooooooo good.)

Anyways lets get started!

Misconception and stigma

One of the biggest misconceptions about men wearing makeup is that it is only for women. Straight up wrong. Makeup can be used by anyone, regardless of gender.

Another misconception is that men who wear makeup are gay. Also wrong! There are many straight men who wear makeup. In fact, some of the most famous makeup artists in the world are men. Did you know that your favorite action actor is using makeup when he is performing in his movies? Your favorite athlete will have makeup on, when doing his promo shots. This doesn't make them gay (although I don't understand what the issue with that would be) nor feminine. Expressing yourself and not fearing the public misconcepted opinion is quite a strong trait; and strong is manly, or so I was told! 

Where does this misconception come from you may ask?  In today's society, there is still a social stigma against men wearing makeup. This is due to a number of factors, including traditional gender roles, outdated stereotypes, and a lack of knowledge about makeup. Traditional gender roles dictate that men should be strong, stoic, and unfeminine. Makeup is often seen as a sign of weakness, femininity. This can make men feel self-conscious about wearing makeup, even if they want to. Finally, a lack of knowledge about makeup can also contribute to the prejudice. Many men simply don't know anything about makeup, and they may be afraid to try it because they don't know how to use it. This can lead to men feeling like they will look foolish or ridiculous if they wear makeup.

Usage

So now you are probably thinking, I don't want to look like a Coachella visitor, why would I put makeup on? Good question, let me answer it for you!
Makeup has more usage then just being colorful or sexy. While there are many many many many, like MANY reasons, why you could use makeup, let me narrow it down to one aspect, that can convince you the most for the start. You can enhance your appearance. How? Makeup is a great way to cover up blemishes, even out skin tones and create more polished looks. You can be really subtle about it and refine yourself. You think Ryan Gosling has a perfect face? You never seen him without makeup!

If you are a man who is considering wearing makeup, there are a few things you should keep in mind:

• Don't let the stigma hold you back. If you want to wear makeup, then do it! Don't let anyone tell you that you can't.
  • Do your research. There are a lot of different types of makeup available, so it's important to do your research and find products that work for you.
  • Don't be afraid to experiment. There are no rules when it comes to makeup, so experiment until you find a look that you like.
  • Have fun with it! Makeup is a great way to express yourself, so have fun with it and don't be afraid to try new things.

Tips and products

• Use a light hand. When applying makeup, it's important to use a light hand. This will help to create a more natural look.
  • Choose the right products. There are a variety of makeup products available, so it's important to choose the right products for your skin type and needs. For example, if you have oily skin, you'll want to choose products that are oil-free.
  • Focus on the basics. When starting out with makeup, it's best to focus on the basics. This includes products like concealer, foundation, and powder.
  • Don't be afraid to experiment. There are no rules when it comes to makeup, so don't be afraid to experiment until you find a look that you like.

To give you a small overview on products and techniques that are being used to create a subtle look:

• Concealer: Concealer can be used to cover up blemishes and dark circles. Choose a concealer that is the same shade as your skin tone.
  • Foundation: Foundation can be used to even out skin tone and create a more uniform look. Choose a foundation that is light-weight and has a natural finish.
  • Powder: Powder can be used to set your makeup and keep it in place. Choose a powder that is translucent or has a light tint.
  • Blush: Blush can be used to add a touch of color to your cheeks. Choose a blush that is a natural shade that matches your skin tone.
  • Eyeliner: Eyeliner can be used to define your eyes and make them look bigger. Choose an eyeliner that is easy to apply and has a natural finish.
  • Mascara: Mascara can be used to add volume and length to your eyelashes. Choose a mascara that is waterproof and won't smudge.
  • Lip balm: Lip balm can be used to hydrate your lips and give them a natural shine. Choose a lip balm that is unscented and has a sheer finish.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post about men and makeup. As you can see, there are many reasons why men might want to wear makeup, and there is no shame in doing so. There are many resources available to help you get started, and there is no right or wrong way to wear makeup. Just have fun with it and experiment until you find a look that you love.

Yours, Dunya♥

Edited by LyseMid
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

FtnxEPR.jpg

4th Post: Party look? The cut crease

Hello again pretty people and welcome to my blog. Today I want to show a look, that makes you not only glow up, but outshine everyone else on a night out. The so called cut crease makeup. It might look difficult at first, but trust me, everyone can do it!
The good part about a cut crease style makeup is, you are not set on the color and shades. You want it subtle? Go with a light to darker shade and work with vanilla and bronze tones. You want a splash more color? Go with some complimentary combinations and make your eyes the highlight. You can even spark it up with glitter or glue sparkling stones along. Your creativity is off limits. So let's start with the tutorial!

So what do we need for the look? We need a brush, concealer, two eyeshadows (either dark and light, or two different colors) and optionally glitter (or stones if you want to go Euphoria style!)

Step 1: Base
First, we apply a base to our lid, the only important thing is that it is very opaque. After applying, set with some light eyeshadow or a little powder. This way, the subsequent eyeshadow colors can be blended better and do not stick to the base.

Step 2: Transition Color
So far, so basic. Now we have to choose our transition color, either use a lighter shade(that is not too light or dark) or the lighter of the two colors you chose. We apply this in the crease of the eyelid and blend with a suitable brush until no hard edges are visible. Also, apply as light a color as possible under the eyebrow arch. This gives our eye a certain depth and is a good way to visually open up the eye, especially with droopy eyelids, even though the cut Crease is unfortunately not so suitable for this eye shape.

Step 3: Doing the cut crease
Now the exciting and maybe most difficult part, making doing the actual cut crease. For this, take a flat brush and some strong covering concealer. Apply it with the brush on the movable lid and let it dry. Whether you go for a darker or lighter concealer depends on how light your Cut Crease Base needs to be. I personally prefer to start with a lighter one and go to a darker one. Another preference is, to not pull it all the way out, but a little halfway, so that the darker outer edge remains. 
And biggest tip here, while the concealer dries up, keep your eyes shut. You don't want your eye shadow to be printed onto the upper half.

Step 4: Hard edges
Now the preference part: So that our Cut Crease now really comes into its own, you can either leave it as it is (but then I would set it with powder) or enhance it with glitter or a brighter or shimmery eyeshadow color. For this then simply apply the desired eyeshadow after drying. If you like, you can still blend the edges slightly or leave the hard edge so, because that is actually the hallmark of the Cut Crease.

If you want a half cut crease, you basically follow along the tutorial, but apply the concealer only on half of your lid. For the half cut, let the darker outer edge run into each other with the lighter color through a gradation.

Tip for the glitter: My method for the least fallout (glitter ending up everywhere), simply dab the glitter on your lid and then press it as gently as possible with a flat brush on the areas you want to sparkle up.
And really, you can do this with whichever colors or tones that you want. Whether with glitter, gradient or natural, do what makes you feel pretty.

And the rest?
You are going out, we got some extravagant look for our eyes, I think the rest should suit along. So my suggestion would be:
Artificial lashes (if you don't have already extensions and volume technique on it), just apply them with a liquid eyeliner underneath. 
Obviously you should also apply a highlighter, as usual, for the inner corner of your eyes and underneath the brow bone.
For the cheeks, I'd go with a bronzer, get some contours that favor your face and if used glitter on your eyes, I'd suggest a glittering highlighter here too.
Last but not least, the lips. My advice would be something glossy, warm and extra. You can also just use a nude tone, but then I'd go with some rouge to avoid looking pale.

And that's it for today. Feel free to send me photos on your creations and as always, have fun and find the look you love.

Yours,
Dunya♥

• Upvote 2

FtnxEPR.jpg

5th Post: How mental health and self-care affect beauty

Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Hydrate & Heal that offers various treatments along the two, I will go over in my post. However, all opinions expressed in this post are my own and based on my personal experience.

Hello again pretty people. Today I want to talk about an important aspect of the topic beauty. When we think about beauty, we often think about makeup, skincare, and haircare and what not. But what if I told you that mental health and self-care play a huge role in how beautiful we look and feel?

Mental health and self-care
First, let's talk about mental health. When we're stressed, anxious, or depressed, it shows on our faces. We might have dark circles under our eyes, breakouts, or a tired, haggard look. Taking care of our mental health through therapy, meditation, or other practices can help us look and feel more radiant.

Second, let's talk about self-care. When we take care of ourselves, we feel better, and that shows in our appearance. Getting enough sleep, eating well, and staying hydrated are all important for looking and feeling our best. Taking time for ourselves, whether that's through a relaxing bath, a yoga class, or a good book, can also help us feel more beautiful.

As someone who has struggled with fatigue, migraine and stress for years, I've tried countless wellness treatments to help improve my overall health and well-being. Recently, I had the opportunity to try IV infusions and scented oxygen bar treatments at Hydrate & Heal. I was skeptical at first, but I always keep an open mind about things I don’t know.

Hydrate & Heal
So, let me tell you about my experience there. I arrived there, was greeted friendly and brought into a room for a medical checkup, which is mandatory before any treatments can be done. It is a medical spa in the end, so I had to go through a comprehensive questionnaire, they took my blood pressure and other vital signs, and more. It didn’t feel any invasive but rather that I was asked what was needed and not single information more.

Then I got led to the treatment area, got the oxygen mask on and then hooked up to the IV infusion. There was plenty of choice for the scent of the air you gonna inhale, I decided for tropical fruits and holy S, that was good! I totally forgot how bad the air in the city is, until I experienced this.The soothing scent and the gentle hum of the machine immediately put me at ease. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, feeling the tension in my body melt away. I left the session feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, and the effects lasted for hours. 

Next up, the IV infusion. I was nervous at first, but the friendly staff at the clinic put me at ease. The process was quick and painless, and I barely felt the needle. Within minutes, I felt a surge of energy and clarity. I can assure you, for that day, I had no problems with my chronic migraines. I will definitely try to get this done a few more times to see, if its a way to treat it or if its just a bandaid that stops the “bleeding” for a moment.

During the time I was hooked up, I was visited multiple times by staff, asking about my well-being, asking if I need anything and making sure, I have a good time. Since you are stationary for quite a while, I highly recommend you to bring a book along, or headphones and your phone, to watch some movie or listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks etc. 

Personally, I was happy with my visit and I would recommend it to anyone, that wants to incorporate mental health and self-care into their beauty routines. If you are interested in booking your appointment and treating your body and mind well, check this link out! gtaw.link/hh

And remember! Beauty isn't just skin deep. By taking care of our mental health and practicing self-care, we can look and feel more beautiful inside and out. 

That's it for today. Much love!

Yours,
Dunya♥

• Upvote 4