The Glorious Canine Script Fix

Narco

Detailed Description

The canine script needs some major fixes, currently if you shoot a gun your own dog attacks you, as well as the fact that a player model runs faster than the canine.

Relevant Commands/Items

- Fix the speed on the canine, make it faster than a player model

- Make it so your own dog won't attack you when you shoot a gun.

How will it benefit the server?

Literally will make owning a dog / being a canine handler actually fun. The script is so bugged currently to the point that a German Shepherd cant even chase a 14 year old suspect, or anyone for that matter because they're too fast.  This is long overdue for a fix and I'm sure it wouldn't take developers long to fix. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 3

There has been countless times where I have been on scenes in-game and have unfortunately encountered the faulty canine. I am in full support for fixing the script so that it is less buggy and overall improves the quality of roleplay with canine's on scenes.

• Upvote 1

The speed of the canine should be faster but not by a lot, perhaps the speed should be variable/random (above base speed) such that the k9 won't ALWAYS catch up. As far as the k9 freaking out to gunfire and attacking people at random, that should be fixed ASAP.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Big Stepper said:

I've had that issue as well where I accidentally shoot and the k9 dog attacks me mid scene. Also I've seen a issue with the k9 dog randomly dying in the middle of the street which also needs to be fixed.

Or some people seeing your dog dead, or seeing other players dog dead while they see it fine. Or putting into the vehicle and taking out again killing it.

Would nice to see an extension for other factions such as SFM too so we don't have to rely on admins all the time. Especially if a handling admin logs off if the scene takes too long so we have to wait for things such as if the scene would involve accelerants etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Developer
23 hours ago, Narco said:

- Fix the speed on the canine, make it faster than a player model

- Make it so your own dog won't attack you when you shoot a gun.

Hey @Narco.

We've talked about it on Discord - 2nd thing should be fixed on the next deploy, we will see how it will work on main server instead of the test one. 1st thing is an issue with GTA/RAGE ped combat functions, there is nothing I can do about it.

19 hours ago, Big Stepper said:

Also I've seen a issue with the k9 dog randomly dying in the middle of the street which also needs to be fixed.

Sync issue.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1