change mask prices

2 minutes ago, Serower said:

The point of the 200k is to sort yourself out with a house and a car once you start roleplaying, so that you don't have to worry about grinding those things in the event that your character isn't capable to work any script job for whatever reason: be it the fact you're roleplaying disabled, or you're roleplaying underage, or you simply can't be bothered to RP trivial things and wish to earn your money in a more realistic way. Not saying that script jobs don't offer roleplay, but in most cases, they're pretty much used to spawn money into the server by doing mindless, menial tasks. 

Most illegal roleplayers resort to selling drugs for roleplay and money: both of which are things that really don't produce much money unless you're selling in bulk and you're flipping 24/7 — so $5,000 is kind of a big deal actually. I make most of my money through drugs IC and while I could statwhore all day and shit on people for thinking 5k is too high for a mask, I think we've got to realize that it is a ridiculous price for a single item that mostly appeals to illegal roleplayers and we've got to realize that not everyone logs on the server to farm resources and own 30 cars and a mansion, and some of us actually enjoy roleplaying going through some type of financial struggle to help with character development. A mask being sold for $5,000 defeats the purpose of that, and more or less just breaks everyone's immersion, because I've literally seen people rob masks off others like it was some prized possession. 

With that being said: if I'm not mistaken, the cost of a mask has been the same since the very first day masks were introduced to the server. Mask prices were never changed from that point on — so yes, a fat change is needed, no question about it.

I actually appreciate the fact that you took the time to write out a well articulated response to counter my opinion from the perspective of an illegal roleplayers other than "Its just too much" without resorting to fallacies and snark. I only wish more people were able to write such constructive counter arguments, we'd get so much more accomplished. Thankyou for restoring a little of my sanity.

I'm a little more on the fence than I was now after reading your response but I still don't think 5k is all that much for the majority of players. Personally I'm not someone who needs a whole lot of money to be able to roleplay and I can understand that maybe some things shouldn't need to be so expensive. If we're looking at adjusting mask prices to 'encourage' roleplay (Though this may be an unpopular opinion I don't think masks are all that integral to roleplay, they're entirely optional to facilitate crime) then a a general economy balance is needed for many general items.

21 hours ago, DLimit said:

You can permanently save a beard to your outfit by equipping the mask before saving it.

That I know, but that isn't particularly the issue.

_________

You know a side thought, one thing that could potentially be decent is rather than making it cheaper — allow us to change masks on the fly? So if it does stay expensive, at least you don't have to hit the store and spend the 5k or whatever just to change what the mask actually is. Could be an alternative if the prices aren't going to change. People will likely switch directly after a crime, which can be a misuse.

• Upvote 1