change mask prices

5 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

If you can't be arsed spending a few minutes making 5k to buy a mask, that's a you problem and not a server problem.

Not wanting to grind for a piece of cloth/ beard on a roleplay server is a personal issue... got it.

Edited by Cartoonhead
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Again I fail to see the issue, you can earn 5k in a few minutes doing whatever script job, or by roleplaying, or just not doing anything if your character is new. How is the price preventing anyone from being able to roleplay what they want? If you can't be arsed spending a few minutes making 5k to buy a mask, that's a you problem and not a server problem.

This is a roleplay server, not a grinding server. Not everybody wants to or can work as a bartender or a mechanic either. 

Edited by sribvlad
10 minutes ago, sribvlad said:

This is a roleplay server, not a grinding server. Not everybody wants to or can work as a bartender or a mechanic either. 

You're literally handed enough money to buy a car or rent a house, or if you're really lucky buy one cheap. In the space of 4 hours you have 20k just for being logged on, how is that grinding? Don't want to do script jobs? Fine, then ROLEPLAY and if you can't make 5k through that, even after the server LITERALLY throws money at you to ENABLE roleplay, that's 100% a YOU problem. I fail to understand why you can't see that.

Edited by Moonsong
17 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Again I fail to see the issue, you can earn 5k in a few minutes doing whatever script job, or by roleplaying, or just not doing anything if your character is new. How is the price preventing anyone from being able to roleplay what they want? If you can't be arsed spending a few minutes making 5k to buy a mask, that's a you problem and not a server problem.

As for the economy itself? That's a whole different issue that's outside the scope of this suggestion.

Spoken as a legal faction enjoyer for sure.

This server shouldn't be about grinding shittily designed script jobs to finance the most basic of things (clothing). And no, you can't "earn 5k in a few minutes by roleplaying" seeing as if you're not grinding a shitty script job, you're making at most what, 800 an hour? It's going to take you 7 hours just to get a mask. 

Your opposition to the suggestion is silly and unwarranted, spoken from inexperience, clearly. There's no loss or negative output to come from lowering the price of masks. This is merely an old holdover from the Godfather script in SA:MP 10 years ago. It was wrong then, it's wrong now.

Edited by Inked
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
12 minutes ago, Inked said:

Spoken as a legal faction enjoyer for sure.

This server shouldn't be about grinding shittily designed script jobs to finance the most basic of things (clothing). And no, you can't "earn 5k in a few minutes by roleplaying" seeing as if you're not grinding a shitty script job, you're making at most what, 800 an hour? It's going to take you 7 hours just to get a mask. 

Your opposition to the suggestion is silly and unwarranted, spoken from inexperience, clearly. There's no loss or negative output to come from lowering the price of masks. This is merely an old holdover from the Godfather script in SA:MP 10 years ago. It was wrong then, it's wrong now.

The ONLY part i'm going to agree with being stupid is the fact that beards are tied to masks, simply separate them. That much I agree needs changing. But the mask price itself doesn't.

But calling my opinion silly and unwarranted along with making unfounded assumptions about my roleplay background is itself, silly and unwarranted. If people don't want to do script jobs because they find them too grindy? That's totally fine, but it's still THEIR choice and THEIR problem. Plus as I said, the server throws money at you when you start to get all the cosmetics and transport you need. Not really sure what people are spending their 200k on if they still can't afford to get a mask out of it lol.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1
  • Developer

I fail to understand why this delved into an economy issue. Masks are $5,000 because they always been this way and nobody bothered to change them. I have no idea why or how that's any player's issue. Mask prices are set by developers and not admins, else I'm sure it'd have been lowered by a lot.

Fighting an argument to improve the server by saying it's a you issue is very backwards thinking and isn't healthy. People rarely carry around $5,000 in cash, so unless you don't care about your identity being revealed, that's another thing to add on top that you might be losing.

This mainly harms the newer players, I personally of the opinion that mask prices should be lowered, but it's something that'd need to be decided by illegal faction management. 

• Upvote 2
21 hours ago, root said:

And Black Market gun wouldn't cost one 25k, and a knife wouldn't cost 20k - These high prices are in place to discourage shootouts and illegal roleplay activities from becoming too common.

but masks arent always for illegal activity, for example the beard masks

4 hours ago, Price said:

I fail to understand why this delved into an economy issue. Masks are $5,000 because they always been this way and nobody bothered to change them. I have no idea why or how that's any player's issue. Mask prices are set by developers and not admins, else I'm sure it'd have been lowered by a lot.

Fighting an argument to improve the server by saying it's a you issue is very backwards thinking and isn't healthy. People rarely carry around $5,000 in cash, so unless you don't care about your identity being revealed, that's another thing to add on top that you might be losing.

This mainly harms the newer players, I personally of the opinion that mask prices should be lowered, but it's something that'd need to be decided by illegal faction management. 

I don't actually have any objections to the price being lowered but at the same time I maintain my opinion that there's nothing really wrong with the current price either. It's not backwards thinking at all, how players earn cash is ENTIRELY up to them within the realms of what's reasonable for their character, as is the choice of whether or not to do script jobs etc. I'm pretty sure most of not all shop purchases can be made via the bank anyway now since not too long after the physical cash update.