Sports and Other Games+RP=????

So I’ve been wondering for a minute about this. I was particularly interested due to the fact that I have a cyclist character that I would like to participate in International events without having to wait for opportunities in game, such as competitions and/or leagues. I’d rather much just go at my own pace to make the roleplay believable as well as fun for myself and others. And I was just wondering if, for example, I could use a game based on simulation of professional cycling as a way to RP? 

In my opinion, this could be done if for example you want to share ''footage'' or like highlights of a competition but you will still need to RP in-game various things to give the ability and the option for other players to RP around what you do. You can take @Welshas an example who's doing it with Football and Basketball. 

4 hours ago, ANGELS4EVER70 said:

So I’ve been wondering for a minute about this. I was particularly interested due to the fact that I have a cyclist character that I would like to participate in International events without having to wait for opportunities in game, such as competitions and/or leagues. I’d rather much just go at my own pace to make the roleplay believable as well as fun for myself and others. And I was just wondering if, for example, I could use a game based on simulation of professional cycling as a way to RP? 

You could use a game like Tour De France, but RP in a character thread the training you do IG

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Welsh said:

You could use a game like Tour De France, but RP in a character thread the training you do IG

That’s what I’d go for. I’d use a game like Cycling Simulator for things that I can’t do in game and then just RP what I can on the server. But then that begs the question on income as well, since it’d be hard to figure out payments and just basic overall income from an event like that to be carried over into the server.

3 minutes ago, ANGELS4EVER70 said:

That’s what I’d go for. I’d use a game like Cycling Simulator for things that I can’t do in game and then just RP what I can on the server. But then that begs the question on income as well, since it’d be hard to figure out payments and just basic overall income from an event like that to be carried over into the server.

You could reach out to companies and businesses for sponsorship, which generates RP in itself.

You could also reach out to Government IG, there might be interest to host an actual Cycle race IG too 

25 minutes ago, Welsh said:

You could reach out to companies and businesses for sponsorship, which generates RP in itself.

You could also reach out to Government IG, there might be interest to host an actual Cycle race IG too 

Right, right. That makes sense. Thanks for giving an insight to some of the stuff I had questions about.

• 3 months later...