Properly train admins for /breakin requests

27 minutes ago, Invictus said:

I'm of the opinion that a proper solution to the breakins issue is to have a dedicated staff subteam, perhaps under IFM/LFM depending on the task, whose only job is to deal with the breakins and ensure they're properly done. Having a dedicated subteam automatically includes written guides so it's basically win win. Honestly, with the amount of new young blood joining the staff team I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

imo this will fix:

- waiting days to get a breakin/arson done

- admins being overwhelmed with both reports n misc requests

- perhaps a better immersion during the breakins/arsons

- happy players happy community happy everyone

People are already waiting hours on breakin requests due to the way admin prioritize reports... You'd effectively extend this wait time further by limiting it to a small group of people in a sub team. Most admins don't necessarily spend 5 hours online a day, so you'd end up with 1-2 admins that would do the breakins... Couple that with prioritize rule break reports and you'd effectively extend the wait time

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, HemmaX said:

People are already waiting hours on breakin requests due to the way admin prioritize reports... You'd effectively extend this wait time further by limiting it to a small group of people in a sub team. Most admins don't necessarily spend 5 hours online a day, so you'd end up with 1-2 admins that would do the breakins... Couple that with prioritize rule break reports and you'd effectively extend the wait time

The problem though is it's a bit sus when you need something done immediately, you type in /admins and notice there's 50 admins online but all of them off duty. There's also another thing I have noticed is that search warrants compared to breakin requests are done almost immediately which is extremely unfair. I get that with search warrants admins are asked before hand to assist but the moment you do that with breakin requests you will be ignored. There must be some sort of balance. In my head having a dedicated team assigned to it (not just 2-3 admins tho.) means players can ask those admins to help out with either search warrants, breakins or arson requests. Players will know who to ask for help and admins will be prepared for it if its within their free time and timezone. And these admins can catch a break from other reports such as the rule break ones which often end up on the forums anyway.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Invictus said:

The problem though is it's a bit sus when you need something done immediately, you type in /admins and notice there's 50 admins online but all of them off duty. There's also another thing I have noticed is that search warrants compared to breakin requests are done almost immediately which is extremely unfair. I get that with search warrants admins are asked before hand to assist but the moment you do that with breakin requests you will be ignored. There must be some sort of balance. In my head having a dedicated team assigned to it (not just 2-3 admins tho.) means players can ask those admins to help out with either search warrants, breakins or arson requests. Players will know who to ask for help and admins will be prepared for it if its within their free time and timezone. And these admins can catch a break from other reports such as the rule break ones which often end up on the forums anyway.

Admins are players too, players that chose to help the community by being part of the staff team. We are constantly working to adapt to the changing and evolving community, to provide the best experience. I personally don't see a sub team in charge of break ins being the solution, but I can certainly bring it up with the admin team.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

You guys are misunderstanding me here, by the stash spot, I meant the entire property, which was being used by some people to hide their valuable items, I've asked a friend with access to check the inventory after the job, turns out admins only gave them 2 items even when the place was thoroughly scanned. And do mind, it wasn't a 1 man operation.

Regardless. It's nothing personal, I think all admins should maintain the quality, some do, some don't.

Maybe it wasn't thoroughly scanned. It depends on where people hide their things. But I wasn't there so I don't know. I never did a break-in cause I cba waiting for admins. I tried it once and sat on the beach for 4 hours without response, doing nothing. Eventually I was robbed myself there so I said, fuck this.

Im sitting here in awe that you even get such request answered!!!

But really, stashinfo is here for that reason, I put a lot of effort into mine as do others, while still keeping it realistic enough that maybe something will be found. Maybe a solution to this would be the ability to request the logs of the break in (names edited out or what ever) from the handling admin. 

Edited by cryybabyycryy

I also considered a subteam but had the same reservations as Hemma because it's basically limit it to that small niche of people. But I do agree with @Invictus that it's entirely sus when there's 20+ admins online and only 3 are on-duty, that's entirely unfair on the three who are on-duty. Those 17 other admins are clearly not pulling their weight. We can allow for a margin of error for those having had lengthy shifts on duty. 

When I was admin I always put handling reports before rp, unless I knew there was enough handling reports for them not to stack up, if they started to stack up I stopped whatever I was doing to help clear it. There was always those who didn't seem to chip in as much, that's nothing new. On the flip side, if there's not many reports coming in there also doesn't need to be 20 admins on-duty 

That said, If it was quiet and I was particularly bored, I'd handle break-ins. Admittedly they're the lowest on most admins priorities list because of the amount of valuable time they take both before, during and after the break-in because there's a lot that has to be done in each stage that players generally don't know about. If there was a way to streamline the red tape, I think a lot more admins would be willing to handle it.

What about moving it to a ucp process? Fill out a quick form, and choose timeslots you want to do the break-in then arrange it with whoever handles the form. That would save players waiting around at properties looking like idiots for hours, risking being caught or whatever else.

Edited by Moonsong

I'm unsure of why you got a picture of the /inventory and even the /stash info information. You're not supposed to be given this, ever.

We do train TAs to do break-ins, we have multiple guides. This also isn't a rule suggestion, so I am going to close this. 

I'll push to staff management on the admin side to perhaps change up the methods we teach admins pertaining to this.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic