Make cops get CKed more.

That’d be like saying gangs should CK more when they get attacked lol. The crime in the server is rampant due to the player base and it isn’t a bad thing, it makes the city feel more alive and rampant. It also adds a danger aspect to it. That being said, these guys respond to shootouts all the time IC and they theoretically get into it more than the gangs because they’re there to enforce IC rules and also play as a deterrent to gangs in general. Point I’m making is, the police department is there to partly directly combat the gangs, whereas the gangs aren’t here to directly combat the police. It’s more indirect than anything. It’d make no sense to make them character kill and restart their characters from scratch every other week. It’d also be a paperwork and roster nightmare, and with them already being short staffed it’d be a disaster. I don’t see the point from an OOC standpoint and although the goal of the server is to be realistic it’s realistic to an extent because it’s a game. 

26 minutes ago, Peak. said:

I feel we should have set rules / regulations when it comes to CKs, that's for criminals, LEOs, and civilians. At the moment it's just random and situation dependent. 

This post has all the info you need about CKs for illegal players. The vagueness of what is character kill-able is on the civilian and legal characters side as far as the rules go.

1 hour ago, Invictus said:

that is because the concept of being kept to a higher standard is different for both worlds. whenever that discussion of keeping the biggest and most important faction on the server on the same standards or higher is usually met with arguments like "but i worked so hard to get a virtual rank". each discussion that was brought up ends the same way and thats chasing our tail like cats including this one that the op brought up.

I disagree. It’s ignoring the mixing that occurs in the LEO community, in fact it’s painting it off as if it’s acceptable and normal. Let me reiterate that losing a character for criminal roleplayers often means losing everything, including not just relationships and contacts, but their position and status that comes with it. This creates an imbalance and makes discussions about using CKs as punishment for whoever incredibly unfair and one sided, mind you were equating the criminal CK to a LEO CK, one can avoid the consequences of their actions through character killing. The other doesn’t. 

I can understand that it’s hard for people from either camp to look over the divide and balance the needs and expectations of different niches, whether it’s criminal or police roleplay you can hold one faction over the other and seed it as one that’s more important and thus deserving of more leniency- they’re not. I understand that some players may feel attached to their virtual rank or position within a faction, that’s the same for criminal roleplayers. But somehow the CK’s aren’t held to that same equality while also being considered as a punishment tool. I’d rather argue it’s more important to prioritize the overall health and balance things. This includes having consequences or restrictions on players who break the rules or abuse their power so that we can maintain a fair and enjoyable experience for all players.

11 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Take south central right
f7915e2983e01fc4004a367560f7e7ba.png

compared to the real south central, pretty small right
295px-Map_South_Los_Angeles_region_of_Los_Angeles2C_California.png

JK that's 51 square miles, consisting 25 neighborhoods with roughly 58 thousand people. 

LA is a major metropolis with a population of roughly 3.9 million, police is backwards and the response times in these areas are fucking trash meanwhile in-game we have at best around 800-900 people and it's one of the most highly patrolled areas, irrespective of a cop/deputies views on criminal RP you'll be pulled in and pushed out like it's breathing as far as calls go. And often at a determent to the gangs there and it's causing a lot of riff ect ect literally the stuff you're talking about. I personally never understood the obsession with patroling Davis. Cops will complain non-stop about the "Davis LTD, Davis gangbangers, Davis (M), oh no it's Davis" but simultaneously also sit in Davis 24/7. 

Here's an insane idea: What if we stick to main roads during patrol, like unless we have a reason we stick to roughly these roads?

3403eea88435e3cd8d0df01ad7df5ac6.png

All of a sudden you'd get all these little 'safe' hubs for gangs to lord over
8f909d36b2702509a91c35590dc6b132.png

It'd suddenly be in a gang's interest to avoid dragging cops into their zones, I'd imagine anyway I don't know I'm pretty psychotic. But I could see how crim>cop violence would probably drop if they're not on top of each other, and you'd get more 'realistic' sits where you deal with crim>crim violence as a cop instead of responding to SC's 23th dead officer. 

I quickly made this in PS and added Roy Lowenstein but basically imagine these green roads to be areas where generally cops don't show up unless they have a real reason to

3fc8187238103c6d2ba63a182a74d4ee.png

I'd think it'd go in hand with the helicopter rules, and besides that creates an entirely new meta for gangs to counter cops by using lookouts, keeping business deep within a project or anything else they can come up with. You can still let SD and PD gang enforcement do their thing exempting them for obvious reasons so you're not really taking anything away from cops, they aren't neutered either, they'll still be able to stomp out the unfortunate enough to get caught. They're just giving gangs breathing room, who then have their own little brooding crime empires they'd obviously want the cops to stay out of. Honestly since day 1 a shit ton of people in lemming patrol just constantly drive zig zags across the various projects without really having a "reason" for it outside of the meta being that that's where the gangs are so that's where the shootings and pursuits can be found. And what I remember being in gangs myself it was really fucking annoying that ever 2nd or 3rd car passing through the hood was another cop car. especially during peak times. 

Doing this is the first step, the next one is to have the mayor redesign Davis an "independent district" of Los Santos, so that Davis crime statistics to be excluded from the city's official numbers. Then we can work on establishing a walled-off area nestled between highways and designate Davis as the South Los Santos Combat Zone and establish an unspoken treaty, where municipal and corporate forces won't bother gangs and criminal groups so long as most of the violence and bad behavior stays within the designated area. We could even start walling off the entire area with ubiquitous twenty foot concrete abutments, and declare it a minimum security state prison.

Crazy Talking GIF - Crazy Talking Invetigating GIFs

I think this is actually something both criminals and LE should look at, this might be the only constructive idea I've seen hit the Crim V LE argument in every topic that plagues the forums seemingly on a weekly basis. 

People need to step away from the CK mentality IMO, on both sides. For me a CK is meant to be representative of the end of a character's development and nothing more. I do believe players, cops and criminals alike should be punished for trying to be a John Wick reboot. Having an illegal character, and a legal one in FD. I see both sides often and honestly rarely do I see cops going 1 v 4 outside of a traffic stop when they're jumped out on.

Criminals do need to be smarter about how they do things, see a lot of crimes happening in the most open spaces and often there's a police car not too far from it. On the same note, cops could do a little more to give criminal factions some breathing room to actually be able to operate in that fashion. I think what Taylor's photoshopped up there is fairly spot on for a good start at that.