Make cops get CKed more.

2 minutes ago, Shanky said:

Not only I agree with this but also, as far as I'm concerned? LEO characters can just character kill, namechange and return to the very same position they had like nothing ever happened.

LEO roleplayers exist in duality in that achievement are graded both by OOC and IC merits and deeds simultaneously. When a cop CKs they’ll be allowed to keep rank and position, as they’re tied to the player. All they loose is what’s tied to their character, think relationships and contacts ect. Practice however has proven that most of the time cops will just roleplay knowing each other without ever having spoken to each other IC. So even that is pretty pointless. Compare they to criminal roleplayers where everything (usually) comes down to the character and… well you get the pont.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Shanky said:

Not only I agree with this but also, as far as I'm concerned? LEO characters can just character kill, namechange and return to the very same position they had like nothing ever happened.

Pretty worrying that you think your rank matters more than your character.

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

LEO roleplayers exist in duality in that achievement are graded both by OOC and IC merits and deeds simultaneously. When a cop CKs they’ll be allowed to keep rank and position, as they’re tied to the player. All they loose is what’s tied to their character, think relationships and contacts ect. Practice however has proven that most of the time cops will just roleplay knowing each other without ever having spoken to each other IC. So even that is pretty pointless. Compare they to criminal roleplayers where everything (usually) comes down to the character and… well you get the pont.

This is why I agree with you and I believe that forcing more CKs on LEO characters won't solve the issue that the original thread owner is suggesting. LEO characters who don't roleplay their characters accordingly will have to face different consequences, we can't punish three different LEO factions for mistakes just a tiny percentage of them do.

11 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

that is because the concept of being kept to a higher standard is different for both worlds. whenever that discussion of keeping the biggest and most important faction on the server on the same standards or higher is usually met with arguments like "but i worked so hard to get a virtual rank". each discussion that was brought up ends the same way and thats chasing our tail like cats including this one that the op brought up.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, vally said:

The thing you probably don't understand here is that it's not their job, they have to portray a character and their fear even if their character is on an IC duty.

The thing you probably don t understand is that it is their job to respond to shootings and as long as they aren't going in 1v10 they shouldn t be punished for doing their job. A criminal who gets shot by police is almost always at fault for reaching. Cops get shot at just for being on scene.

12 hours ago, el capo said:

In this context, a criminal is just doing their job too when they rob someone or sell drugs, I kinda get the argument you're trying to make but you can't use an OOC thing like getting cked and justify your argument with just doing your job.

except one way, not doing your job opens you to being criminally charged for neglect of duty. I get it, but it's not the same. "Just doing your job" as a cop is backed up by it being illegal for you to NOT do your job. 

Criminals can opt to get out when a shitty situation goes down (prerequisite; they're smart and they care about their own life)

Cops can't do the same, they have to do their job. They can't just see a shootout and decide to bail. They can't see someone being held at a gunpoint and decide to bail. 

Their interactions are already forced as it is, in some sense. You can't expect a CK if they go down against two criminals. I thought it was pretty obvious.

• Upvote 2
On 5/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, EpicSlaya said:

They show up 5 cruisers deep for a minor assault call and as far as I'm concerned are taking the "Realism" aspect out the server, 

Have you ever live in a big American city? That is how cops operate..... Someone gets pulled over on the side of the ride the first sign of trouble there is two more cruisers pulling up behind them. Its not suppose to be a fair fight and I don't get why people think it should be. If its about realism the Police out gun you, they have more resources, access to better technology. If you want to make other arguments just on a balancing aspect sure, but realism is not the argument to make here. Also CKs aren't going to do anything. All they are going to do is name change and have an new character right after. Also most criminals are able to get away with their activity. If you are doing criminal activity in a stolen vehicle or one without plates unless they are able to disable your vehicle the chances are you are getting away. And even the criminals that get caught and rack up 30 points. They can just name change to avoid a trial since that rule is hardly ever enforced and be back on the streets again doing the same thing. I don't think things are as tilted towards cops as you would make them seem.

Edited by Power
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Smurf said:

1. Criminals should be treated as equal to LEO characters just for the simple fact that they hold the same playing field as the people that have "to be more susceptible" to being CKd. Do you realize how many officers are killed in the line of duty every day in the united states? Hundreds, it's not documented nationally but sure enough it's there.
2. I do agree with this one, RICO casefiling is needed. But that needs to have an active gang unit in both departments and not just SD (sorry PD, get more active) 
3. NO THE FUCK IT SHOULDN'T, there's already signs of PD/SD abusing this already to throw characters into prison with a 99999 day sentence for a court case, we all know how long those take, so putting a 99999 day sentence on top of waiting MONTHS for the court case to conclude? No, simply not. Over a mugging? A killing understandable, but again a murder charge once you plead guilty, 18(?) days off rips, not to mention all the other charges that follow suit with it. You're facing legit more than half a month inside TTCF.

Conclusion, criminal RPers should be treated the same as LEO RPers. Having one sided favoritism will kill this server, and you don't even understand that.