Remove the new deathmatching rules against LEOs.

rainbowlarva

I am a LEO main and this rule sucks balls

I'm not about to sit at every scene waiting on a staff report because someone decided to shoot their way out of a traffic stop. It happens in real life all the time, it doesn't happen as much as anyone really thinks in game either. it was an unneeded addition that's just going to bog down situations

• Upvote 2

This has already practically been enforced for a while, just never written down. Probably mainly got added so people can't use the excuse ''Oh, but I didn't know.'' and such. It's a good addition, hopefully it prevents people from shooting cops for bullshit reasons every two seconds. -1

Nobody's forcing you to report anything, if you're okay being riddled by assault rifles because you pulled someone over who forgot to stop at a traffic light just don't report and roleplay the scenario out. Leave the rule as it is for the people who don't want to respawn because they want to give someone a simple citation. Just because it happens IRL isn't a valid excuse, mass shooting happen too and we don't roleplay them here for obvious reasons. -1

• Upvote 1

The issue of people hopping out and instantly smoking a single cop before they even stepped out is a problem but this seems like overkill.  It's worded too broadly imo.  People are going to be double-thinking about EVER firing upon a cop now which will probably lead to unrealistic IC decisions (not shooting when you should).  Did you mean to apply this rule to traffic stops only?  It doesn't say that.

I think there are pros and cons to the rule.

For one, the rule is self explanatory. They want to stop people from jumping out on cops at traffic stops with rifles with little to no reason after they've baited cops by driving around speeding and not stopping at intersections. 

The cons of this rule imo should have been considered before publicizing the rule, however.

-Cops pulling cars over in gang areas who have either not violated any traffic laws but are just fully occupied with the intention of removing the occupants and searching them knowing it will probably lead to a shooting.

Because of this rule change, the above referenced scenario is against the rules (illegal roleplayers opening fire) and I believe that some LEOs will use this rule to their advantage in a predatory manner.

Edited by jromjeksin
1 hour ago, jromjeksin said:

-Cops pulling cars over in gang areas who have either not violated any traffic laws but are just fully occupied with the intention of removing the occupants and searching them knowing it will probably lead to a shooting.

1 hour ago, jromjeksin said:

Because of this rule change, the above referenced scenario is against the rules (illegal roleplayers opening fire) and I believe that some LEOs will use this rule to their advantage in a predatory manner.

Can't pull a vehicle over for no reason. I feel like a lot of people don't understand or take into consideration that cops still need reason to do things just as much as criminal do.

The discussion on the rule will remain open but as soon as it becomes toxic it will be locked. There's pros and cons to almost everything but due to recent events of the traffic stop deathmatching constantly happening the rule was discussed in January and implemented today. If you see LEOs/Legal RPers abusing the rule in their favor we will obviously jump on that and handle it accordingly. The rule had to be placed into effect due to the constant situations happening of poor excuses just to kill a cop on a traffic stop, you have to look at both sides here as a legal and an illegal rper.

For the legal RPers they won't fear of constantly dying on a traffic stop over a traffic violation which can't be escalated further. If they abuse the power and as the rule states, risk severe/life imprisonment you can act accordingly on it.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, rainbowlarva said:

I am a LEO main and this rule sucks balls

I'm not about to sit at every scene waiting on a staff report because someone decided to shoot their way out of a traffic stop. It happens in real life all the time, it doesn't happen as much as anyone really thinks in game either. it was an unneeded addition that's just going to bog down situations

No one's asking you to sit on admin scenes if something turns into that. You can leave if you want.

This rule is well needed. The "shoot first" mentality on the server has gotten well out of hand, and it's become more of a cops and robbers / TDM server than anything else at this point. The fact of the matter is, most people in real life will try to talk themselves out of situations they find themselves stopped by the police - even if they are carrying a weapon or just did something heinous.

A recent, real life example from in my state: A man with multiple felony warrants, who's carrying a gun, goes to a gas station. He becomes irate over something or other. The police show up after being called. They talk to him, calm him down somewhat, and they try to get his name - this man, even though he's carrying a gun and knows he has multiple felony warrants, talks back to them. He gives them fake names - until eventually, he gives his real name. The police eventually realize he has those warrants, and try to arrest him. It isn't until THIS point, where this man KNOWS he's going to jail, does he pull away from the attempt to grab him, pull his gun out of his jacket pocket, and shoot the two police officers. They return fire, but do not hit him. One of the police officers later died in the hospital. The man was also later caught, as it was found out that he had barricaded in a house across the street. This guy, who had just shot two cops, surrendered PEACEFULLY to a tactical team.

I mean, seriously, doesn't the sound of roleplaying something like that out sound interesting? It's tragic, but compelling. And yet, would absolutely never ever never happen on this server as things are now, unless the stars align, and you get two people on opposite sides of the legality spectrum interacting for no other purpose but to write said story together. A part of this has to do with play to win mentalities on either side. The other part has to do with what I said before: shooting first, anytime there's a LEO involved.

As someone who mainly plays a LEO, actually roleplaying on the server has become something that can only be done with other LEOs. Very rarely do you get the opportunity to truly interact with anyone else in any facet that doesn't include a foot pursuit, vehicle pursuit, or shootout - usually all three, at some point. I'm very much in support of this written rule, because now, I feel like people will be compelled to actually interact and roleplay, rather than just simply shoot.

So, -100.

3 hours ago, rainbowlarva said:

It happens in real life all the time

Bro what? LAPD has lost more people to Covid than to gang shootings in the last 10 years. Cops get shot very rarely in Los Angeles, because people know if you kill a cop your life is over.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1