Discussion on Robberies

I'd just like to say there has been a influx of 4 deep g-wagons (and sedans) roaming the terminal recently and robbing truckers. At the terminal.

That dosn't make a lick of sense. It's a port terminal. It'd be like barging into the MRS to rob a civilian there.

But in the end, nothing will be done server wise because it just won't. There should be a more permitless carry IC tho, save on the whole PF issues and then open up stand your ground laws to include everywhere you go. 

The bodies must stack up.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Rushing said:

Kindly asked? Bro what?

Well u don’t see people randomly visiting poverty-stricken areas in general, so why would you?

Act smart and you’ll have a long lived character. Criminals can live just as long as anyone else lol. 

Send them in and find a solution through the judiciary system in place. Why would they be cked if they didn’t get killed and why would they be perma jailed if the judiciary system says otherwise?

1. Yeah? At this point, that's where I am. Its become an annoyance more than anything else, when people are waving guns in my character's face and demanding things on a near daily basis when I log in. This may be a slight exaggeration, but the last few times, thats been all I've been RPing, is people robbing Skull Clutch. All we're doing is wanting to give people tatts and open business. TBH, they should be robbing a bank or otherwise with the firepower and men they brought the last time. If there's any extortion stuff going on, we're waiting, PRETTY patiently when they whole 'we'll make this go away' deal comes through. Hasn't happened yet. 😕

2. Thats exactly why I don't visit them. But I cannot escape being robbed. I'm behind a desk working. And it doesn't seem like its a location that should have a lot of crime. 

3. My character is smart. He complies with the robberies, avoids wearing expensive clothing, doesn't go to places that have avid crime, etc. And I do agree that criminals *can* live as long as everyone else. But they should have far more risks involved when taking up career criminality, such as robbing a business with lots of firepower. If they are caught, it shouldn't be a PK or temp jail time. I'm talking like, machine gun grade shit and a few not wearing masks in a CCTV-guarded place. (There were two admins present with this robbery, too.) 

4. We intend to do this IC. But I feel that using weaponry in robberies should be something that could be CK-able if found guilty. 

Right now, it just seems as if criminals are getting off way too easy and making decisions way too easy knowing the character will survive, and it also keeps the server far too imbalanced when they don't have harsher consequences IC. Thats my issue. 

13 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

This will never happen.

I'm curious to know why? 

The character made the choice to rob someone, put them in fear for their life, and run off with those weapons that he could potentially kill someone else with. If found guilty of being in possession of these weapons illegally, I really don't see why that could be an unfair consequence. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any true 'fear' for illegal RPers regarding risks. Perhaps I haven't experienced that side of things enough. But clearly there are other players (and an admin) who feel that consequences for such things should be tighter. 

Edited by PoisonedPaint
1 hour ago, Dustyboi said:

IC is IC, learn from the experience. If it's happening multiple times to you every time you log in, then the problem isn't the robbers, its your lack of common sense with the situation at hand.

Exactly this. I have 900 hours on my main character and I’ve been robbed once. I think this problem is something that people who can’t help themselves from getting robbed is blowing out of proportions

• Upvote 2

rules on robberies are strict enough as is, there are just bunch of noobs out there who still break those rules, and the rules as a whole shouldn't become stricter because of them. there are people, sometimes factionless, roaming 3 deep in a car, looking for random ppl to mug/kidnap while on a vehicle. it's not allowed. it keeps happening. those people should receive harsher punishment and people who do the robberies without breaking the current rules should be left alone

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

The character made the choice to rob someone, put them in fear for their life, and run off with those weapons that he could potentially kill someone else with. If found guilty of being in possession of these weapons illegally, I really don't see why that could be an unfair consequence. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any true 'fear' for illegal RPers regarding risks. Perhaps I haven't experienced that side of things enough. But clearly there are other players (and an admin) who feel that consequences for such things should be tighter. 

u get robbed, you dont comply n u get cked as well. sound fair? 

5 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

I'm curious to know why? 

You're wanting to make it that characters that are found to have used a gun in a crime eligible for a character kill, this doesn't just come down to robberies. Implementing such a ruling would be silly and would also result in the quick death of an entire roleplay scene. If you struggle to see why it would be an unfair consequence then I advise that you try out the same roleplay you wish to have such things implemented for. We already have rules set in place for robberies, if an illegal player shoots to get out of a PD situation / shoots to avoid an arrest; they're eligible for a CK. We don't need to add silly restrictions on top of what we have already. If a character reaches a certain amount of criminal points on their record, they're put in for life.

If an illegal player is charged with any form of crime related to a firearm, most likely possession, then they deal with those consequences in-chararacter. Illegal players aren't the main issue when it comes to robberies either, there's a handful of "victims" to said robberies that fail to roleplay adequete fear. If someone breaks the robbery rules we have on the server, report them; if they didn't break anything then handle it in-character, what car were they driving? Did it have a license plate? What were they wearing? Were they masked?

There's a handful of ways that legal characters can go about getting justice for what happened to their character, suggesting a ruling that "Character's found guilty to using a firearm in a crime should be eligible for a CK" will never be added, gun charges make up a large majority of felonies on most illegal character's criminal records and I would also argue that it's one of, if not the most popular charge on the server at the moment, do you see where making them eligible to a character-kill because of such a charge would be silly? As I said before, play within the same roleplay scene you aim to critize before making such crazy suggestions.

• Upvote 2