Discussion on Robberies

The main reason you get robbed is not being cautious enough. It doesn't matter where you are, it doesn't matter who you are, the idea that a player MIGHT try to rob you should be enough for your character to go with their gut.

IC is IC, learn from the experience. If it's happening multiple times to you every time you log in, then the problem isn't the robbers, its your lack of common sense with the situation at hand.

10 minutes ago, caballero said:

Then... Hire security for your business? Businesses make a ton of money, and don't tell me otherwise because I've had my fair share with them, and security is not that expensive. 

Confront IC actions with IC actions. 

Or have you ever thought you might be the victim of a developing extortion scheme? The one in which a criminal organization first makes trouble at a business, to then tell them they'll help with their issues for a small fee. 

Don't be so narrow minded and look at other solutions before jumping the gun with OOC accusations and solutions that do not make any sense. 

As mentioned, we're already in talks of security or another alternative. 

As for extortion schemes? It could be. But it feels as if these are isolated events from an OOC P.O.V. And they don't seem all that organized each time they do it. I could see if it was mafia doing it once or twice, then coming by and finally saying they'll make the issues go away for a fee, but that hasn't been happening. 

I'm generally using this thread to garner ideas, potential solutions, etc. Clearly there are people who feel similarly to myself. But honestly, if all I'm gonna be faced with each time I end up trying to play on the server, I may as well just hang up my coat, because it is getting fairly annoying to have to RP the same thing over and over again (and don't tell me to make another character because it will be the same outcome) I understand that criminal RP is an essential part of the community, as I have stated ad nauseum. I just... really don't think people should be forced to RP it constantly, or be able to avoid it if they choose to. In general, I have tried to do this by moving away from Vespucci and those kinds of places. 

I dunno. Like I said. I don't have the answers to this dilemma. I just hoped maybe something good could come from opening this discussion. Its a hard conversation to have because, yes, it accounts for a lot of people's RP. But when people cant actively avoid it and its present *everywhere* as Peak said (North, West, South and East)--thats when  we start to have issues. 

8 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

The territory conflict would be a way to keep the numbers trimmed to a realistic amount. More CK's and interactions between gangs. I do know that robberies are for money/items, but it would be a way to curb the robberies to have less criminal characters that survive the territory wars. It should be a hard life as a criminal. Right now it seems like theres a lot of criminals just hanging out in their safe havens, so they come out to rob and go back home. Im sure there are turf wars, but to me it seems there might not be enough if there is *this* much criminal RP. 

its gang roleplay, not the wild wild west where people take over territories because said people got killed, its more to just conflict… and i promise it wont stop the robberies 😂 not to mention “turf wars” are not common 

11 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

Selling the business won't really change anything, because it will happen anywhere, at least thats what you mentioned here:

have you tried? it seems like you havent even went out your way to hire security 😂 seems like this repeated robbery has only happened to you and your group, no-one else or else others would have forum reported(correct me if im wrong tho, with proof not utter bs) 

13 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

Mirror Park unfortunately isn't a place that will house all of the people who want to avoid criminal RP the best they can. 

i never said mirror park is a safe place, infact i named mostly all areas in LS and nowherre is safe, after the 2nd robbery or even the first ur char should fear and watch over his or her back…. or get their own gun or even have security and cameras IC problems should be dealt with IC actions 

10 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

The main reason you get robbed is not being cautious enough. It doesn't matter where you are, it doesn't matter who you are, the idea that a player MIGHT try to rob you should be enough for your character to go with their gut.

IC is IC, learn from the experience. If it's happening multiple times to you every time you log in, then the problem isn't the robbers, its your lack of common sense with the situation at hand.

I don't understand how I can be cautious if I'm standing behind a counter in a tattoo parlor taking customers? Like, literally, the past three times I have logged on, I am helping out Skull Clutch. Thats when we get robbed. 

But we are already talking about IC solutions. Overall, it just feels like theres too much going around and not enough ways to escape it if you don't want that RP. 

10 minutes ago, PoisonedPaint said:

don't understand how I can be cautious if I'm standing behind a counter in a tattoo parlor taking customers? Like, literally, the past three times I have logged on, I am helping out Skull Clutch. Thats when we get robbed. 

that is where player reports come in, people are not to be robbing open businesses with out admin permissions… 

2 minutes ago, OLDSPICECOLOGNE said:

its gang roleplay, not the wild wild west where people take over territories because said people got killed, its more to just conflict… and i promise it wont stop the robberies 😂 not to mention “turf wars” are not common 

have you tried? it seems like you havent even went out your way to hire security 😂 seems like this repeated robbery has only happened to you and your group, no-one else or else others would have forum reported(correct me if im wrong tho, with proof not utter bs) 

i never said mirror park is a safe place, infact i named mostly all areas in LS and nowherre is safe, after the 2nd robbery or even the first ur char should fear and watch over his or her back…. or get their own gun or even have security and cameras IC problems should be dealt with IC actions 

1. The Turf should be a gangs territory, or where they hang out. If turf wars aren't common... IMO that should be rectified somehow. New gangs cropping up and moving into someplace? Gangs should be defending their turf, getting forced out to another place, or have a turf war over it. Where I have my apartment Ive seen two gangs going at it with graffiti--no actual gunfights, but it definitely seems like there was some things going on for a short time. Not sure what the status of it is right now though. 

2. As mentioned, security has been something considered already IC. More than likely we're gonna be trying to get it. But I feel as though people have dealt with frequent robberies/crime, but they do not speak up about it because its just 'how it is' on the server. If it is how it is, then I don't think I'll be lasting too much longer here. Its just not fun to me. 

3. Thats mainly the issue I'm having with the server right now. It feels largely unrealistic to have to constantly watch your back everywhere you go. I am not going to certain places, BECAUSE I want to avoid crime/robberies. But it happens anyway. I wear no expensive clothing, most times I ride a simple bike where I go these days, and I don't carry more than about $100 on me when I leave the apartment. I don't give a rats ass about the items I have on me though. I'm just growing very tired of the continual droning of the 'day in, day out' robberies that I am not bringing on to myself, and actively go out of my way to avoid. 

2 minutes ago, OLDSPICECOLOGNE said:

that is where player reports come in, people are not to be robbing open businesses with out admin permissions… 

Two admins were present in the last time we were robbed, I know this because we asked and both responded. @Millitrix Would you happen to recall their names/have any logs by chance? 

I personally don't have any because I recently started to play again and didn't pull up my logs/put a recording on. That night particularly I came on to help with the business and had a bit of a migraine, but wanted to help regardless because I haven't been playing as of late at all, only about two hours a week when I am called on to play. 

Funny topic I pointed out years ago and people still don't understand it. IC is IC, never stay out alone, protect yourselves, it is what its. I was once told IC by robbers on a motorbike, that I shouldn't stay out alone, that's the game. I said, well that's sad, cause that's not roleplay.  You people really should THINK before you post a reply to this. All of your arguments have one big flaw. And that's actual numbers. Using real life statistics is useless, because LA has millions pf inhabitants, we have roughly 800+ because it has been ruled, that we don't have npc population (yet due to lack of players, some scenes and issues have to be npc'd, but that's beyond me.).

That's the biggest flaw, there is one more though. And that's the roleplay itself. I seen people openly admitting, that they log in only for action roleplay, while it is roleplay, it honestly adds nothing to theirs or anyone else's story. I really do encourage people to start roleplaying daily life instead of just log in to roleplay certain scenes over and over.I have two criminal characters myself. Versed in street crime, how many times I had to resort to robbery? None. Because there are plenty of other ways to earn money.

And honestly robbery roleplay is tainted forever, by all those "clever" players of the old, that were using BF400s as a raiding party or people, that thought up kidnapping people and robbing them somewhere safe. Yeah if you have a car and guns to do that, why do you need the scraps you might be getting from your victim? Truth is, you don't. You are just bored OOCly and want to ruin someone's time on the server by random nonsensical robbery. In the meantime do you know what actual gang or criminal roleplayers do at the same time? They are roleplaying daily life as it is. We have schemes. A random robbery in real life is usually the last resort for anyone with a least a bit of the brain matter.

Also one last jab at people who say get a gun if you are being robbed. Are you stupid? The fact, that people know, that everyone on the server is armed, is the MAIN cause for all the robberies. Think before you say something seriously.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PoisonedPaint said:

Pretty much--though I really don't even care about my assets. They can have whatever they want. Hell, my character would probably give them whatever the hell they want if they just kindly asked.

Kindly asked? Bro what?

Again, I don't even visit places like Rancho, Davis, etc. for that very reason. 

Well u don’t see people randomly visiting poverty-stricken areas in general, so why would you?

Criminals generally should not be expected to be a 'long lived' character. If my character went down that path, I'd be expecting him to be CKed in probably less than a month, depending on what he does decision wise/if he isn't careful.

Act smart and you’ll have a long lived character. Criminals can live just as long as anyone else lol. 

If we send those CCTV's in? Those two characters should have potential to be CKed or jailed perma when caught. 

Send them in and find a solution through the judiciary system in place. Why would they be cked if they didn’t get killed and why would they be perma jailed if the judiciary system says otherwise?

• Upvote 1