Community Focus - County update v1

FUHCwJe.png

Community Focus Team - County Improvements - Phase One

Hello everyone!

As promised in our Community Focus Discord, I said I would put out a release explaining what we have implemented for the phase one of the County Updates. However before we get into detail, I wanted to say a few things;

I am proud of the community coming together and helping each other, voting with each other and explaining their sides of these updates for an overall better experience for everyone. It is truly amazing to see everyone come together and work together with these ideas, and then having them forwarded to the Community Focus Team to help get them implemented alongside our Development Team. We look forward for more updates in the future where the same process will happen; members of the community get together and discuss ideas on how we can improve your overall experience of gameplay and RP within the server.

The Community Focus Team which hosts a variety of Administrators with all different backgrounds of RP is continuing to work together to assure that with the next upcoming updates (aka, Phase Two), it is as good or even better then the current phase one update. We will also be releasing a vote sooner then later to discuss what our next focus will be for the community. I wanted to send my appreciation and thanks to all of them for putting the time and effort into the team, and working extremely well together to make a better experience for all of our players here on GTAW. I couldn't have asked for a better team to work alongside with.

So you must be wondering, "What is all being released for phase one?" - great question.

• Campfires! Yes, you heard it right..You can now make your own fire when you and the friends are out and about wanting to RP in the wilderness. You can now buy a "Fire-Starting Kit" at any general store for $100. Players will be unable to place a campfire near a property/vehicle to prevent abuse or inside the city.
    • Spoiler

1.png?width=1439&height=515

• Cooking Update - players are now able to cook the animals they hunt, adding more immersion to hunting and giving an overall benefit to hunt rather then just getting a money value. Use /cook at a camp fire to cook!
    • Spoiler

image.png

• Illegal Fishing - added small changes to fishing including more illegal fish with a higher value if caught. If you fish an illegal fish, you'll be prompted an information about it and be asked to release it. You can keep it and sell it to an illegal fish buyer for 2x the price! Selling location of those is set far away from the standard locations.
    • Spoiler

9E9xZ3o.png

• Brewing Changes - You'll now receive 35% more money when selling drinks that were made from the brewing job, stores will now also receive +50% more components, and you can now sell your crafted liquors outside the stores in case it is locked.
  • Multiple factions : You can now join multiple factions! Switch your current active faction with /switchfaction or the I menu. If you are in two or three factions that gives a weekly pay, you'll only be paid the highest weekly payment from these factions.
  • Hospital spawning system for both The Bay Care Center and Sandy Shores Medical Center. If PHMC is on-duty however, players will be forced to goto PHMC rather then spawning at Paleto or Sandy. If members of PHMC are off-duty, it will spawn the player to the nearest range hospital.
    • Spoiler

Paleto Bay

nO8VDcB.png

Sandy Shores

tczDXVF.png

• Sandy and Paleto spawns are now a thing for both new players and players returning to the game (meaning those that login, /changechar will not show the new spawn points). We are extremely excited about this specifically as it gives the County a larger presence rather then only spawning at a house, or the LS Airport if it's your first time creating a character. Thus, allowing the County to become more active straight off the bat.
    • Following this; we have added a "basic car" dealership at each spawn point, the same one that is at LS Airport for new players.
    • Spoiler

Paleto Bay
      NUNzqn8.jpeg

Sandy Shores

R1McRtG.jpeg

• County Licensing Center & DMV. Players can now choose to get licenses in the County (specifically in Paleto). This allows for fresh new characters to not have to spawn in the City for one, and secondly, for those that mainly RP in the County, to not have to travel all the way down to Los Santos to obtain a simple license of choice.
    • Spoiler

8ugSX6B.png

• County Mechanic Shop - We have added a County Mechanic Job point for those wanting to RP as a mechanic. 
    • Spoiler

60SWBFf.png

• County Impound Lot! As many of you requested, a County Impound lot has been added in Paleto. We have decided to section off a plot of land behind the church for the Impound Lot. LEO's, LSGOV & Civilians Tow Operators will be able to use the Impound Lot for a various of reasons. We feel this helps players stay locally within the County rather then having to make that drastic drive all the way towards Davis just to simply impound/tow a vehicle.
    • Spoiler

jMxzgic.jpeg

• Newly implemented vehicles The modding team has done their magic again, adding in a multitude of new vehicles to the server to give that fresh new look around the map! 
    • Spoiler

BotF1Vg.jpg

wo23qp6.jpg

LcRj9ay.jpg

scNPPG5.jpg

FZX5FKX.jpg

LJ8242C.jpg

heRzdOs.jpg

GKmPWly.jpg

5VKpDkd.jpg

c9KAKvK.jpg

FNmHjMV.jpg

qunwaYG.jpg

KbcAGpR.jpg

uI9mPUh.jpg

OSM0q0k.jpg

ywFRn62.jpg

iMZYNNH.jpg

So what's next?

Next up in the County update we are looking forward to improving the Hunting Script, Fishing, Farming & Brewing System. And as a little sneak-peak into the future... Property Management & Modding are working together to improve the future of the County with new properties & environmental updates. During transition periods and while Development is working on the updates for us, we will also be searching through the regular suggestions and attempting to pick some that we can push for some quality of life updates.

I also wanted to personally give a massive shoutout to @FatCatTuxedo @808Masterus @Thang @million @Nervous for all the dedicated work on the Development side of things. I appreciate all the hard work you have put into these updates, and the Community Focus Team is looking forward to continuing to work alongside you for our second phase of County Updates & future Community Focus Updates.

You can read the full changelog for tomorrow here :

With the best of regards,

Pillsbury

Head of Community Focus Team

• Upvote 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
  • Nervous unpinned this topic