[GUIDE] Basic Clothing - Overcoming clipping issues

$$

1142489784_5a58e3392d9f7_logot1.png.0134

Basic Clothing Guide 

The following guide will detail how you can set up a basic outfit, if you're new to GTA:W you're most likely going to struggle with the clothing system and the way it works. Some people struggle with using the torso/undershirt options as it can create clipping issues. I've seen a few messages pop up in the #newbie-help channel on discord, so I've created some scenarios for when you'll need to play around with these options! 

Regular outfits - Think of the outfit you're looking to create. If you're going to use an outfit that has a jacket/long sleeved shirt, then you'll need to select the appropriate torso to do so. I'll include an example image of what "torso" option you'll need for both sleeved and non-sleeved shirts. Rule of thumb to follow here, go for undershirt 15 unless you require a specific undershirt, such as a turtleneck or a buttoned shirt for a suit.  

image.thumb.png.040c8aa2473588848c0f441b0cbd544e.png

In this image here, you can see that I've got the original torso option set. However, there's clipping issues and you can see the arms pushing through the shirt. So if we select torso option 1, you'll see that there's no longer any clipping issues. Play the animation to see if there'll be any other clipping problems. 

image.thumb.png.5b4f4a70066093310d620a0a8b3ddf9e.png

Sleeveless/Tank tops - Maybe you're wanting to create an outfit with a tank top, but if you use the torso options we applied earlier, you'll see it looks like this. 

image.thumb.png.3f499c9729f15e3c16279920fcc91bd5.png

I feel that Torso option 5 is a suitable one to pick. I've tested it out with the play animation feature and it's solid too. Undershirt 15 is also used for these types of clothing. 

image.thumb.png.f2114a4c6e1c6f3600952d8a11b0f2a4.png

When to use a different undershirt - Now that we've got the basic ones out of the way, lets take a look at using different undershirts. This is usually for certain jackets, so take a look at the image below, notice the way there's a hole in the character model's torso?

image.png.80b16d82bedaca943498ba1a88c981af.png

Well, unless you want to have no shirt under your jacket then switching out the torso here won't do much. We also have to choose the undershirt options. In the image below, I've used undershirt option 24

image.png.695e94d6648bef09998653bb0db43489.png

Now you'll notice that the back of his arms are clipping, to overcome this issue select Torso option 1. However, play around with it and see what works best. Undershirt's may vary for the outfit that is being created. 

tAVd7gO.png - TORSO 5

IAObvEY.png - TORSO 1

I hope this guide helps with what you're looking for. It's very basic and is only for the purpose of showing which torso's and undershirts work best with the type of clothing you're looking for. If there's anything you think I should add to this guide, maybe different outfits or other tips you guys might have to help out, post below and I'll get it added :) 

Edited by $$
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 5
  • $$ changed the title to [GUIDE] Basic Clothing - Overcoming clipping issues