Speed limits to 111MPH

Dynath

Curious if anyone has an answer.

When I spawn outside the city and begin to test my max speed on my vehicle it goes to 120 steadily, then upwards to 142 with bumps/down hill assistance (I can continue into the city with upwards to 142)

Whenever I go into the city, and turn back around my speed is always limited to 111 MPH even though on the same road I was just hitting a different top speed... until I change chars outside of the city again.

Anyone know a fix to this issue where my top speed remains consistent? 

Edited by Dynath

If your top speed ever seems to be getting capped, try typing "/sp off".  I believe it's to do with cruise control/autopilot being buggy and kind of "ghost applying" a speed limiter.  So it's worth an /sp off if you ever notice such a thing!

Edited by Paenymion
6 hours ago, crackfiend said:

Why would u be driving 142 in the city lol

Irrelevant question, I never actually went into the city; the point which I get limited I was able to hold this speed which was right off the exit ramp. As soon as I go to 0 and turn around back onto the same stretch of high way is when I get limited. This is before you touch residential/commercial road near the hospital. If you read the brackets it clearly said "I can" not "I did" 

Edited by Dynath
6 hours ago, Paenymion said:

If your top speed ever seems to be getting capped, try typing "/sp off".  I believe it's to do with cruise control/autopilot being buggy and kind of "ghost applying" a speed limiter.  So it's worth an /sp off if you ever notice such a thing!

Thank you I will try this and get back to you 

Cruise control enabled caps speed at 111 until you respawn the car or do /sp off. Known bug for ages.

There are a lot of flags that reduce car performance. If you ever have passengers and then they get out, your car will have the weight flag stuck until respawn (because added passenger modifies the weight axis of a car and makes it drive worse.)

Offroad tires give grip on any car as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you testing this on LS freeway? If so it declines into the city, therefore you will get a natural boost. Going from the city back to the county you are driving against an incline, the way you just came.

8 hours ago, Jai. said:

Are you testing this on LS freeway? If so it declines into the city, therefore you will get a natural boost. Going from the city back to the county you are driving against an incline, the way you just came.

Yeee I was but /sp off helped me I think I was hitting cruise control on the way there or something 

6 hours ago, Big Stepper said:

Best way to fix this issue is to /sp off and then despawn and spawn your car again, I would personally never use the limiter just because of that bug but it's completely up to you.

Thank you sir, it was indeed sp whenever I do use cruise control now I sp off right away!