[GUIDE] Setting up XMR radio stations

$$

1142489784_5a58e3392d9f7_logot1.png.0134

Setting up XMR radio station

I’ve noticed a lot of players in-game struggling to create a new radio station in-game via the UCP myself included, I finally managed to create one myself after scouring the forums, finding videos and speaking to countless support staff and administrators. I hope that this step-by-step guide will simplify things for you and make it easier.

Step 1 – Create your in-game radio on the UCP.

Head over to https://ucp.gta.world/xmr and select “Add station” provided you have enough worldpoints or free radio slots for it if you’re a donator.

image.png.6e2a58cdd33659d8e71b1ece21526e9d.png

Step 2 – Gather the music that you want to add to the radio

Here, you’ll have a choice of getting the music you need. Whether you already have music downloaded and keep the MP3 files on your PC, or use a site such as https://spotify-downloader.com/ to download music from Spotify, which is what I personally used. Whether you trust these types of sites or not would be up to you of course and I’m not promoting the use of this site in no way whatsoever. To tidy things up, just throw the songs in a folder on your desktop.

image.png.3d8c45ad609db16c1dcedccf6322cecc.png

Step 3 – Create your “radio station”.

For this guide, I’ll be using zeno.fm; this site is just easier for me to guide you through and it’s also free. I’m sure there’s other ones out there, but for the purpose of this guide we’ll use zeno. Once you’re on the site. Select create in the top left corner of the page and you’ll need to sign up and register.

image.png.47bdc5bf5e9771b99e61151a6e263483.png

Once you select create, follow the instructions to register an account.

image.png.c2d6ce77478179d570661c521e9c19a6.png

Step 4 – Creating the account

Don’t worry, you don’t have to use any in-real life details, or have a company. It’s just for the sites purposes. You’ll need to enter these details, if you want put in your IC characters names and companies or put anything random. Also, make sure you select “streaming radio” as your service.

image.png.836ec4c05ca8bf862fa5b7ab48afe6e1.png

Step 5 – Creating the station.

This is similar to the above image, just follow the questions that are being asked. Rule of thumb here is to select your content as “general”. To avoid any pop ups about becoming a prime member of zeno, just follow the options I have selected below. Make sure you follow the yellow text, a logo is mandatory, but you can put anything in there it doesn’t matter.

image.png.a8c15c0b470d4d22991e40f11862c65a.png

Step 6 – Adding the music

Now you’ll see your radio name along the top of the page. Select tools.

image.png.3690bdcebc711943ea0c36fbeca6192a.png

Once you’re at tools, select “Auto DJ”. Select browse and then upload the MP3 files that you downloaded earlier. You must upload the files individually, rather than uploading the folder. Once you’ve uploaded the songs, I’ve only done one for the guide, but you can upload up to 200. Select “save to playlist”.

image.png.4e4f6c5456189c201f4f1547f739f8df.png

Step 7 – Adding the station to your XMR station on the UCP

At this stage, the radio station should be on air. If you go back to main page by selecting your radio station’s name in the top left. You’ll see this.

image.png.772ae2c474716211c8803ea8ea448bf3.png

Select preview just to make sure your music files are working and if you can hear the music, then great! Nearly there now.

Now, you want to select “broadcast settings” in the top right. Then copy this link;

image.png.0049065e0650b0b127556ed0d20094a0.png

Head over to the UCP, select add station if you haven’t added one already!

image.png.dbc58229577d309543e51c9b9c96deeb.png

It’ll show up like this, add in the name of the radio, the link to the radio station and select the relevant character too. You should then see the radio in the “your stations” section. It may take an hour to sync in-game, or in some cases a whole server restart may be needed, which usually happens at least once a day. So if you don’t see it straight away, give it a day or so! (Guide may look a bit strange in dark mode, switch over if you're struggling with it!)

image.png.3d471c643157bfc00fb6b03a33a16efb.png

Edited by $$
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know of any XMR hosts that you can pay to remove the stupid ads every 5 minutes? I know Zeno does, but it's expensive. Been looking at Azuracast, but I don't know if it has removeable ads.

Edited by PeopleKind
3 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Does anyone know of any XMR hosts that you can pay to remove the stupid ads every 5 minutes? I know Zeno does, but it's expensive. Been looking at Azuracast, but I don't know if it has removeable ads.

AzuraCast is self hosted, meaning it's ran by you, you don't have to put advertisements on. I strongly recommend you find a VPS hosting provider (Contabo is solid and reliable) and install AzuraCast onto that. 

38 minutes ago, Mitch said:

AzuraCast is self hosted, meaning it's ran by you, you don't have to put advertisements on. I strongly recommend you find a VPS hosting provider (Contabo is solid and reliable) and install AzuraCast onto that. 

Ah, I see, easy enough, thank you!

Edited by PeopleKind