Unofficial Faction Submissions

Sufi

55 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Another big issue with this concept is that people who are getting denied and being denied for the most vague reasons ever; "We don't have faith in this group of roleplayers", "Problems involving previous factions.". To put it simply, why aren't these issues being brought up when factions exist, rather waiting until post-archive to arise such issues?

Precisely this! Answers seem so vague, I honestly have a hard time understanding the message. There is nothing to be learned.

Here's a cut-out of the last answer I've been given:

"T
here is still major concerns regarding how this will actually be portrayed in-game. We are also conscious of the fact not everything needs to lead a new concept. You're looking to do some loan shark business which is great, but under the current roster as well as the way that the conceptual understanding of concepts being submitted, we do not feel like this is a group that we can give an entire faction script and privileges to achieve."

I have no clue what any of this means. Why are there major concerns? "Not everything needs to lead a new concept" what? "Under the current roster" what is wrong with the roster? What the hell is the conceptual understanding of concepts?? What's up with "not feeling" some way about this group which has a flawless admin record? All of this seems like random AI generated sentences, all other responses were vastly similar.

I don't know what any of this means and I haven't learned anything but I've been told that any new concepts made by our group of players will not be reviewed or considered in any foreseeable future. We're literally not even allowed to try and come up with something better. Banned from creating roleplay I suppose, don't even know why.

Can't shake the feeling that IFM filtering paired with their unwillingness to help aspiring factions actually results in killing roleplay rather than maintaining some sort of quality.

1 minute ago, Morozzini said:

Precisely this! Answers seem so vague, I honestly have a hard time understanding the message. There is nothing to be learned.

Here's a cut-out of the last answer I've been given:

"T
here is still major concerns regarding how this will actually be portrayed in-game. We are also conscious of the fact not everything needs to lead a new concept. You're looking to do some loan shark business which is great, but under the current roster as well as the way that the conceptual understanding of concepts being submitted, we do not feel like this is a group that we can give an entire faction script and privileges to achieve."

I have no clue what any of this means. Why are there major concerns? "Not everything needs to lead a new concept" what? "Under the current roster" what is wrong with the roster? What the hell is the conceptual understanding of concepts?? What's up with "not feeling" some way about this group which has a flawless admin record? All of this seems like random AI generated sentences, all other responses were vastly similar.

I don't know what any of this means and I haven't learned anything but I've been told that any new concepts made by our group of players will not be reviewed or considered in any foreseeable future. We're literally not even allowed to try and come up with something better. Banned from creating roleplay I suppose, don't even know why.

Can't shake the feeling that IFM filtering paired with their unwillingness to help aspiring factions actually results in killing roleplay rather than maintaining some sort of quality.

Script and privileges... 

Does anyone really care about a faction script of privileages? I no longer roleplay in the illegal scene, but I believe people just want to roleplay with their friends. Nothing about script or privileges. 

This is my personal opinion, and I don't speak for anybody else in-regards to the current faction system that's being used here on LS. Unofficial factions shouldn't be walled behind an application process, this should be open for all illegal role-players regardless of their admin records (outside of IFM mandated bans) or past run-ins on the server. I'm a firm believer that people can change, and I've seen some great factions built in the past from people who've had some shitty administrative records. Official factions are the only portion of the creating a faction guideline that should be walled behind an application. At the end of the day, this is a video game and people are here to enjoy the niche environment which is high quality text roleplay. 

TLDR: Remove the red tape for creating unofficial factions. 

• Upvote 7
3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Personally I agree with the submission thing, mainly because it allows IFM to quality check roleplayers and ensure the concept makes sense for the current illegal scene. I see people say 2021's Unofficial Group system was better, but I strongly disagree; I will argue 2023's Unofficial Faction system is better. Why? Because when you let people make whatever whenever wherever it causes issues for other established factions, be it unofficial or official. Keep it as it is.

Official factions shouldn't be immune to conflict though? Becoming official shouldn't be some almighty thing that lets you sit around and do nothing and just hold power, if an unofficial faction is causing you trouble you should be able to handle your ground against them ICly as official. No point in having OOC restrictions to people forming groups IMO.

• Upvote 2