Unofficial Faction Submissions

Sufi

Hey, I want to hear peoples opinions when it comes down to the unofficial faction structure. 

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to request in order to be able to roleplay some sort of gang with a group of friends. I'd like to hear from other players, and some IFM members if that's possible. Let's not derail the thread and hopefully reach some sort of conclusion.

• Upvote 21
  • Applaud 1

The need for submissions is the only thing protecting good factions from groups that spawn and seek beef and other forms of provocation out of nothing but OOC hate and spite.

Those who still want to do the above and skirt around the submission or the rules end up creating precedents on themselves up until (hopefully) they're closed.

Unofficial factions give you better perks than a group that anyone can make too. It's better to have a faction script off the rip and access to the IFM Discord to talk to IFM directly if you have an issue.

Nothing stops a "group of friends" (6 of them to be a faction) to submit a concept, get it approved and start role-playing.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 10

It is really a shame that a lot of elite quality roleplay factions with massive potential get denied solely off the fact that there's past admin records. If anything, those punishments should signify that the players have in fact changed and aim to portray something better / put in more effort, given their second chance.

Edited by WildWild80s
  • Upvote 9

No need to find ten players with a clean record to open up a group. IFM claims that they have to much work but put everything behind a wall to get their approval. A /f script IG is not worth the hassle to write the thread up and send it over and wait for it to get accepted and  find ten people that have clean admin records because maybe one person in your friend group got ajailed 2 weeks ago. They changed to this system and  have yet to see improvement 

• Upvote 7

I have mixed views on this one. I agree on the behalf of the thread holder and @MurderO's opinion based on this, but I agree with IFM as well. I can see why they put the thread submission process in place, as for example, it was tons of backlash from it from people that doesn't meet the criteria of simply not holding up a faction creating factions on the forums and just clogging up the unofficial section. Or just simply trolling. The whole thread submission thing I see it as a big resource for IFM to stay up the date within all the new factions coming in and having more surety of factions on the server. It's more things behind it in my opinion other than that, but you should get my point.

The reasoning I agree on the other side of things, is that it's tons of adversity going on currently in the server between it's players being able to do things already and whatnot. As were already currently having a whole discussion post if people should be able to freely wear masks IC or not. So it just leaves more difficulties on the server to stay up on this, and GTAW should just have more trust into there community.

Allow people to forward in there own concepts and showcase themselves, until proven there malicious or simply don't fit the criteria, then IFM should step in and move by the following. I'm sure the whole thread submission thing has built a headache for IFM a bit anyways.
But overall, I see both perspectives. But my opinion is more on what MurderO said below.

12 minutes ago, MurderO said:

IFM shouldn't be able to dictate friends playing with friends unless they're proven to be malicious. It's a video game at the end of the day.

I brought this up when the concept was first introduced to the submission of groups, its unpractical and doesn't really work. The only players this punishes is those who actually want to roleplay.

Its meant to deflect bad roleplayers, and mainly deathmatchers and trolls, but the idea itself that you have to go through an application promotes more DMing and trolling than it deflects. If I want to go DM and troll, I don't need a faction to do that, I can just get together with my friends and go provoke someone until we get a shootout.

What I cannot do however, is go roleplay a faction with my friends and have fun. 

-

Another big issue with this concept is that people who are getting denied and being denied for the most vague reasons ever; "We don't have faith in this group of roleplayers", "Problems involving previous factions.". To put it simply, why aren't these issues being brought up when factions exist, rather waiting until post-archive to arise such issues?

The gang roleplay and illegal spectrum as a whole's quality has tanked to an amount that is uncomphendable since this rule has been put in place. Previously, I could drive around Davis and see so many different factions posted up, people roleplaying, now? I'm lucky to see 5-10 people as a whole. 

#MAKEILLEGALRPFUNAGAIN

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, liq said:

Unofficial factions give you better perks than a group that anyone can make too. It's better to have a faction script off the rip and access to the IFM Discord to talk to IFM directly if you have an issue.

making an illegal group should have you direct access to IFM 😂 thats the problem...