Drugs and Weapons

PandaGaming

There are currently a very limited number of people who make roleplay as a drug or weapon supplier.

I've noticed that lately it's very hard to get both, apparently the suppliers are no longer really active and it's very difficult for the illegal roleplay to perform well roleplay.

My suggestion is to open another position or two that people can join the role of drugs or arms supplier.

This will increase the illegal roleplay and thus help to develop illegal factions.

Another thing is the price of weapons in the game. I do not know how much the Faction Management tells suppliers to sell them but the prices are currently really high, and even too much. A small gun costs a lot of money and I think a change is needed.

What do you think?

There's inherent problems with the supplier role itself - namely, it seems to be bottlenecked by player and staff activity alike, to the point you're out of luck if you play on off-hours. I'd be much more amenable to a script that allows for limited production of these sorts of things based on a wider classification of ranks assigned by staff.

In other words, you have three ranks of player - Standard, Trusted, and Supplier.

1. The first cannot create drugs or weapons at all.
  2. The second is a rank that any staff member can grant individually and would allow the (very) limited production of these sorts of things - think basic pistols, limited ammunition, cheap drugs, etc. Maybe even just one of these with a scripted illegal job that cannot be changed without admin assistance once it's selected.
  3. The final rank of supplier would function the same as the system we have now.

I understand that we want to keep supplies of these sorts of things limited, but the extent to which this is done via the current supplier system alone is a bit excessive and encourages price gouging, which (in turn) encourages either highly adversarial RP like robberies, or grinding through mining - neither of which is preferable.

I've been discussing this topic with my faction for a while now, and one of the potential solutions we came up with for this issue is to introduce more suppliers but reduce the amount of supply the supplier gets per shipment. This will essentially create a much more dynamic roleplay environment for suppliers, factions and criminal characters because this will introduce more competition and hopefully stop the gun economy from inflating. We're roleplaying in a virtual America, guns are definitely not a luxury and shouldn't be drastically overpriced.

For example, let's say we have 4 gun suppliers, each of them getting a slightly different shipment each but typically they'll get something like 4 pistols, 1 shotgun with ammo for both, maybe some knives too. They'd be supplied every week or two.

Suppliers would want to get rid of their shipment as fast as possible so they can restock their shipment when its time.

Suppliers who have returning customers and are doing their job well will be rewarded with something heavier in a future shipment, something like a couple SMGs.

Suppliers will be trying to undercut each other to sell to the best buyers so they can make a profit and potentially be chosen for a heavier shipment. This will organically create conflict between suppliers and groups as they try to offload their shipment, the conflict can create a lot of roleplay for all parties involved.

The exact same can be done for drug suppliers too.

56 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

The second is a rank that any staff member can grant individually and would allow the (very) limited production of these sorts of things - think basic pistols, limited ammunition, cheap drugs, etc. Maybe even just one of these with a scripted illegal job that cannot be changed without admin assistance once it's selected.

I like the sound of this too. Like, giving players the opportunity to roleplay out a process and get a small reward for it. Just something to benefit roleplay and give players something else to strive towards.

That's just my two cents on the subject.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, PandaGaming said:

There are currently a very limited number of people who make roleplay as a drug or weapon supplier.

I've noticed that lately it's very hard to get both, apparently the suppliers are no longer really active and it's very difficult for the illegal roleplay to perform well roleplay.

My suggestion is to open another position or two that people can join the role of drugs or arms supplier.

This will increase the illegal roleplay and thus help to develop illegal factions.

Another thing is the price of weapons in the game. I do not know how much the Faction Management tells suppliers to sell them but the prices are currently really high, and even too much. A small gun costs a lot of money and I think a change is needed.

What do you think?

The number of firearms IG isn't that small. I constantly follow the amount of weapons in circulation on the server and while we do not spam the server with thousands of guns like other RP servers, the amount isn't that small either. If it's difficult for you then you aren't making the proper connections which is purely an IC issue. 

The slots are open based on the server's need instead of the individual's so that's not going to happen over a suggest. 

The prices of the guns are perfectly reasonable for both suppliers and second hand dealers. I'm assured of the latter based on logs. If the gun is expensive for you then it's because you're buying it from 3rd, 4th or even 5th hand dealers. If you want better prices either find better dealers or strike a better deal. Buying a gun from a random gang member will obviously not cost equally to buying it from the source. 

19 hours ago, Smilesville said:

There's inherent problems with the supplier role itself - namely, it seems to be bottlenecked by player and staff activity alike, to the point you're out of luck if you play on off-hours. I'd be much more amenable to a script that allows for limited production of these sorts of things based on a wider classification of ranks assigned by staff.

In other words, you have three ranks of player - Standard, Trusted, and Supplier.

1. The first cannot create drugs or weapons at all.
  2. The second is a rank that any staff member can grant individually and would allow the (very) limited production of these sorts of things - think basic pistols, limited ammunition, cheap drugs, etc. Maybe even just one of these with a scripted illegal job that cannot be changed without admin assistance once it's selected.
  3. The final rank of supplier would function the same as the system we have now.

I understand that we want to keep supplies of these sorts of things limited, but the extent to which this is done via the current supplier system alone is a bit excessive and encourages price gouging, which (in turn) encourages either highly adversarial RP like robberies, or grinding through mining - neither of which is preferable.

I don't like the idea of people creating guns at all. All of the current guns are being supplied, the guns are already in the United States in perfect form and do not require creating which is something a factory would do and not a criminal in most cases, at-least in the United States. The prices match the people selling the guns. Better prices come from people closer to the source as mentioned. 

17 hours ago, Dashing said:

I've been discussing this topic with my faction for a while now, and one of the potential solutions we came up with for this issue is to introduce more suppliers but reduce the amount of supply the supplier gets per shipment. This will essentially create a much more dynamic roleplay environment for suppliers, factions and criminal characters because this will introduce more competition and hopefully stop the gun economy from inflating. We're roleplaying in a virtual America, guns are definitely not a luxury and shouldn't be drastically overpriced.

For example, let's say we have 4 gun suppliers, each of them getting a slightly different shipment each but typically they'll get something like 4 pistols, 1 shotgun with ammo for both, maybe some knives too. They'd be supplied every week or two.

Suppliers would want to get rid of their shipment as fast as possible so they can restock their shipment when its time.

Suppliers who have returning customers and are doing their job well will be rewarded with something heavier in a future shipment, something like a couple SMGs.

Suppliers will be trying to undercut each other to sell to the best buyers so they can make a profit and potentially be chosen for a heavier shipment. This will organically create conflict between suppliers and groups as they try to offload their shipment, the conflict can create a lot of roleplay for all parties involved.

The exact same can be done for drug suppliers too.

I like the sound of this too. Like, giving players the opportunity to roleplay out a process and get a small reward for it. Just something to benefit roleplay and give players something else to strive towards.

That's just my two cents on the subject.

If we supply every supplier with 4 guns then we turn the supplier into a dealer.  There's no reason to throw 4 guns at every faction or supplier, that cuts out a major chunk of gun trafficking RP which is making actual connections in order to get the guns. The current suppliers get a decent amount of guns but it's honestly not high at all.

Supplier apps are periodically open and people are more than welcome to apply. We usually add one more supplier slot which each app round so guns aren't at any kind of decline, if what there are more guns on the server now than ever. Getting guns isn't easy and it shouldn't be, at-least not a decent quantity. Ask around, make the right connections and you'll be able to get your hands on guns at decent prices. 

I don't know much about the gun trade, as that's not something my character got any interest in.

But, it has reached a point in the drug trade where it's easier to get cocaine than weed, and that's a very interesting issue. Maybe it's suppliers deciding against getting weed because of smaller profit margins etc, but I wouldn't know.

The suggest was to open more drug and gun supplier slots because weapons are expensive and hard to get. That's not a valid reason to open supplier apps, they'll be open once the server needs it.

Locked on that note. 

P.S: Summing it up because I forgot to lock the thread last time. My bad.