Changes to Jail rules. killing in cells. Mandatory /jevent.

So, there's a rule saying you can't fight without 3 CA's on, everyone agrees with this, but then I get told you can't even do fights/stabbing in cells without 3 CA's on. 

This is a ridiculous rule, mainly because SD are horribly inactive, but also because it just ruins RP in general.

Let's say there's someone basically asking to be killed, call you a "taco", "faggot", "bitch", "fuck your dead homies", now what.. you have to wait a week for the one time there's ever 3 guards on. And by the time it happens they've left already.

Now yeah, you can /report them but wow, how immersive.

This rule needs to be changed for official jails factions, you should be allowed to kill people or beat them up in a cell regardless if there's guards or not, just make it mandatory that you do /jevent. 

Literally, literally if this rule is enforced then you've killed jail RP.

• Upvote 29
  • Applaud 3

If this is true, I completely agree with this. I've always understood that you could always attack in a cell behind closed doors no matter what, and I also thought that you could attack without guards on if it was completely necessary. Though, I haven't checked up on the rules in a while and if this is true, it's completely detrimental to Jail RP. I don't even understand the sense behind making this rule a thing, it's like the admins just take a fat shit on Jail RP whenever they feel like and then spit down our throats.

• Upvote 1

+1 

Lifers have clearly shown they have the self control to handle violence in the cell block in a realistic way without things getting outrageous. It's kinda funny, when jail released there seemed to be a much larger degree of freedom given to jail RPers to follow the roleplay where it leads instead of being handicapped by the rules. Sadly it seems that as SD has moved farther and farther away from it's original purpose and it's activity in jail has declined, those rules have become more restrictive. 

This is genuinely killing jail RP and should be addressed immediately.

• Upvote 6